• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Gp Or Toyota Aqua?

KingSasanka

Question

I am planning to replace my grand old lady (Nissan AD Wagon YoM 1999 & Registered in 2001) with a Hybrid.

Maximum I would be able to stretch is 3.5 Million and wondering I should go for Toyota Aqua (2014 – S Grade) or Honda GP (2014) model.

Expert’s opinions are sought on

• · Comparative performance parameters,
  • · Likely maintenance cost (as she grows old),
  • · Re-sell value after 5 years from now,
  • · Any other important issues that I have to be aware of, before make the plunge,

Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

Honda GP (2014) means the Gp5 right? I thought it costs more than 3.5 Mill?

I think this discussion was done before on the forum around last year

Anyways Gp5 is slightly more fun than the aqua and has a bit of more space.

Maintenance is higher for hybrids. and similarly resale value will be considerably lower though i guess no one can predict as far as 5 years so prepare for a significant loss when selling again. On this regard being a Toyota maybe the aqua will have a bit of resale value not sure though.

These being full you've got to expect that down the line the batteries will wear out and battery replacement etc has to be on the agenda.

BTW on a related note I think the GP5 is not based on the IMA technology used on the older Civic Hybrid /Gp1/CRZ etc (these had a loose coupling between the IC engine and the motor as opposed to fully integration between the two in the Gp5 onwards.)

• Like 2

Go for a GP5.

As Matroska had said GP5 would be fun to drive. Being a Honda, it will be more practical.

While it relates to personal taste, I find the styling on Aqua ugly. Especially the rear end looks so cheap.

1434587059258277639_large.JPGJazz2014-Noblesse-l4.jpg

Those tail lights on Aqua... yuk!

Also read this thread for the previous discussion: http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15181-toyota-aqua-vs-honda-fit-hybrid/

• Like 1

Thanks guys for your valuable inputs.

Looking for Hybrid is to save on fuel cost and I am OK with Aqua look but Honda is special.

The comment on re-sale value is likely to be the tipping factor.

Thanks again.