• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Car For 1.3M - 1.4M

Shayne

Question

Hey guys..im a newbie to auto lanka forum as well as to vehicles..so bare my lack of knowledge in this area...I did some searching about cars for my above budget and came up
with few choices..but I need further guidance from experienced..so I came here :) ...
anyway..my budget is between 1.3M - 1.4M as topic says..i would prefer a saloon type basically to travel with my family..Car will not be my daily driver for work..and mostly
I will be using it for journeys and other occasions..(I'm letting you know these details so you can have a better idea what kind of fuel economy would be good for me)...
I came with several options...please help me to choose which one is better..anything else apart from the list..
Nissan FB14(1997 - 1999)
Nissan Pulsar
Nissan Primera(1997 - 1999)
Mazda Familia (2000)
Honda City(2000)

My expectations
*Good fuel economy(since I will use it for journeys and long trips)
*Avg. priced spare parts
*Overall good looking solid car
*Around 1,500cc
*Automatic
I had Nissan Cefiro in mind too but got to know from several thread in here that Nissan Cefiro is very bad for fuel economy..Mazda Familia and Honda City have better looks comparing to other types..I've got to know that they do less fuel economy and spare parts are pricier
i know I cannot afford a lot for my tight budget..or a car with very good fuel consumption...but I hope I will be able to find a proper one with your guys' help! :)

Thanks in advance!

Thnx mate.yes we enjoyed every minute.. The ride was so comfy.we dint feel lyk getting down. Town limits I have no idea machan cos we used it for outstation only. Yeah it had the NEO 2000cc v6 engine. Its not so bad on fuel as people say.. It has so many options as well. We had leather seats with electric seats,climate control,temparature meter. Its a real luxury car.yeah resale is sorta bad. But not soo bad,there are people who value that car.we sold our car within one month.I would reccomend one any day. I myself myt go for the newer Cefiro next year. Thnx

My friend drives a 2000cc Corolla AE110 and now he wants to sell the corolla to buy a presea cuz he finds this much comfortable and good in pickup wise comparing to it... In fact I felt the same when I drove it...

2000cc should be CE110 diesel right?

For such car with auto transmission that 200cc difference matters and given the age it would have done more than said mileage. I won't be bothered if I were you.

I was having some doubts too.. usually that model goes around 1.7M - 1.8M(one with a good condition).. anyway I dumped that idea :)

Thnx mate.yes we enjoyed every minute.. The ride was so comfy.we dint feel lyk getting down. Town limits I have no idea machan cos we used it for outstation only. Yeah it had the NEO 2000cc v6 engine. Its not so bad on fuel as people say.. It has so many options as well. We had leather seats with electric seats,climate control,temparature meter. Its a real luxury car.yeah resale is sorta bad. But not soo bad,there are people who value that car.we sold our car within one month.I would reccomend one any day. I myself myt go for the newer Cefiro next year. Thnx

thanks for your helpful review on the car bro!... is there any particular way to get the max mileage out of the car other than the general tips mentioned here in AL? :)

I was having some doubts too.. usually that model goes around 1.7M - 1.8M(one with a good condition).. anyway I dumped that idea :)

thanks for your helpful review on the car bro!... is there any particular way to get the max mileage out of the car other than the general tips mentioned here in AL? :)

Fuel economy and tips to improve it on a Cefiro is extensively discussed in the threads shared by matroska. That's the level best you can do I guess. No one can do a magic to make Cefiro to deliver the fuel figures of a small hatch. If you are going to be this concerned about the fuel figures of a car, you won't have time to enjoy the pleasure of driving it.

You have only 2 options:

1. Accept the realistic fuel figures of Cefiro and go for it

2. Forget about the Cefiro and look for another car

I once seriously considered a Cefiro. But had to drop the idea due to parking space issue at office. It's a car which has serious value for money.

Fuel economy and tips to improve it on a Cefiro is extensively discussed in the threads shared by matroska. That's the level best you can do I guess. No one can do a magic to make Cefiro to deliver the fuel figures of a small hatch. If you are going to be this concerned about the fuel figures of a car, you won't have time to enjoy the pleasure of driving it.

You have only 2 options:

1. Accept the realistic fuel figures of Cefiro and go for it

2. Forget about the Cefiro and look for another car

I once seriously considered a Cefiro. But had to drop the idea due to parking space issue at office. It's a car which has serious value for money.

unfortunately that's true..for now I have three vehicles in mind;

*Nissan Cefiro A33

*Mazda BJ5P 1998(2000's are out my budget)

*Honda City (2000)

Since your avatar is a mazda logo I assume you own a mazda or you are a mazda lover.I've got to know that Mazda and Honda(if you know) spare parts are relatively expensive than Toyota and Nissan..any truth about this bro? atleast for the above mentioned two models.It would be a great thing if you could give a clue about those parts :|

@shane - Like all other mentioned Cefiro is a good comfortable car.. But since you are more concerned about the spare parts price & fuel figures, i dont think its a wise choice .. Because one of my friend bought one and like others mentioned its not really good on fuel figures (in city less than 8) and parts were really expensive as per him.. so he sold it after like 6months..

and about mazda's i dont know abt the maintenance cost of the model you mentioned, but mazda 3 range vehicle maintenance are really expensive..

If im not wrong honda citu vtec would give you good fuel figures (if its a manual, not quite sure about auto though)..

Anyhow why don't you look for a Lancer as well.. I have a Lancer(manual) + Honda city 2004(auto) model.. both spare parts are not that expensive though..

** note : trust me once you buy the car it won't stop been only your weekend driver it'll eventually be ur DAILY :sport-smiley-004:

cheers