• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

tharindutpk

Question

First posts in AL guys!

I'm searching a car for my own. 1st car though. I have a budget of 2.2M and I'm kind of sticky when it comes to talk about honda es series. :love-smiley-045: (es1, es8) What do you recommend between these models?

These are the points I consider before buying

• Fuel consumption (10-11kmpl will be enough, I don't expect something like 14kmpl or 16kmpl - LOL :punish:)
  • Comfort
  • Performance

Do you think es series is the best I can go for? If not, what else do I need to take a look at?

Please be kind enough to add your comment below.

Thank you for your concern guys!

8 answers to this question

I Have no experience about the es series, but for your budget I can recommend a 2000 or 2001 Toyota Carina. Good comfort, handling and performance. An A/T will do around 8-9kmpl in Colombo and 10-12kmpl+ outstation, an M/T will do more.

try to find a ES5 vtec (though it prized bit higher than your budget ) there are few up for sale these days...ES5 comes with a 1.6cc engine and has better power/weight ratio than the other ES models & might return decent fuel figures than es1/es8..but dont expect 11 kmpl in es5 either..you might get maximum of 10 with correct driving patterns..

I Have no experience about the es series, but for your budget I can recommend a 2000 or 2001 Toyota Carina. Good comfort, handling and performance. An A/T will do around 8-9kmpl in Colombo and 10-12kmpl+ outstation, an M/T will do more.

Thanks for the reply bro!

I like the toyota carina but seems it's kind of outdated model to me thats why I was heading over to the es series. I contacted few es8 sellers and they told me that their cars run about 11,12kmpl which is kind of messy since the most people complaining about es8's fuel consumption is low. What do you suggest? Should I go for a test drive or?

try to find a ES5 vtec (though it prized bit higher than your budget ) there are few up for sale these days...ES5 comes with a 1.6cc engine and has better power/weight ratio than the other ES models & might return decent fuel figures than es1/es8..but dont expect 11 kmpl in es5 either..you might get maximum of 10 with correct driving patterns..

I tried bro but nothing fitted to my budget, most of them are over 2.5M so it doesn't make a sense.

es8 is the closest I can reach for. What do you think about es8? How much does it run per liter?

First posts in AL guys!

I'm searching a car for my own. 1st car though. I have a budget of 2.2M and I'm kind of sticky when it comes to talk about honda es series. :love-smiley-045: (es1, es8) What do you recommend between these models?

These are the points I consider before buying

• Fuel consumption (10-11kmpl will be enough, I don't expect something like 14kmpl or 16kmpl - LOL :punish:)
  • Comfort
  • Performance

Do you think es series is the best I can go for? If not, what else do I need to take a look at?

Please be kind enough to add your comment below.

Thank you for your concern guys!

How about a Nissan FB15 or N16

I tried bro but nothing fitted to my budget, most of them are over 2.5M so it doesn't make a sense.

es8 is the closest I can reach for. What do you think about es8? How much does it run per liter?

if you still biased towards es8 & fuel econ...get a es8 with manual gears..will give you atleast 10 in mixed driving..or else get a newer ek3 preferably a ViRS...and save some money...you will love it..

Thanks for the reply bro!

I like the toyota carina but seems it's kind of outdated model to me thats why I was heading over to the es series. I contacted few es8 sellers and they told me that their cars run about 11,12kmpl which is kind of messy since the most people complaining about es8's fuel consumption is low. What do you suggest? Should I go for a test drive or?

Even your closest friend lies when it comes to fuel figures. How can you believe the seller? You cannot expect more that 10kmpl with careful driving from a auto sedan. If you want the driving pleasure, you should expect even less like 8-9.

I can agree with TheClutch on ViRS. One of my friends bought a 2000 made one for 2 mil few months ago and he absolutely love it.

• Like 2