• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Miss & Petrol Smell In Cold Start

LancerL

Question

I have Corolla CE110 and from recent some times when it start for the first time of the day (specially cold weather) it starts in one turn, runs rpm nearly 1,500 and then a engine miss comes for like 10 seconds then disappear. At that time if I bent down and smelled silencer it gives a little Petrol smell. But in next second the miss disappear, it smells as perfectly normal with water steam.

No issue in pulling power or anything else and no different in fuel economy also.

Only observation when engine hot and with A/C off there is slight vibration sense on steering wheel. That also random and not always.

Is this something that I have to pay attention or it could be something that is normal. But I haven't experience this before.

Please share your comments.

• Like 1

Thanks romesh for your advice. In face i am not sure about the TPS in my car. Is there any good work shop to repair these sort of issues? cos I dont think my current mechanic would be capable of doing such repairs.

Regards,

Personally I'm unable to recommend someone. But you can find recommendation in threads like http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15719-agent-maintenance/page-2?hl=bulugaha#entry253986

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15974-good-mechanics-technicians-workshops/?hl=bulugaha#entry261430