• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Auction Sheet Translation

rija

Question

Thanks all for your opinions and advices.

Let me(less experienced guy according to some :girl_wink:) tell my two penny idea which is basically depend on my and my friends experiences and some knowledge about vehicles and their manufactures.

1. Try to go for a Japanese vehicle rather than this Indian, Korean and Chinese craps. In my opinion even a properly repaired Japanese car(not a very old one) is far more worth than these so called near new or brand new craps. I am telling this because durability, comfortability, safety, environmentally friendliness are far more greater in Japanese vehicles rather than these craps.

2. These craps are in the market because of limited budget of our people and brand new mania of our naïve buyers. And of course some buggers promote these craps as they are stuck with them. I do not think any right minded person would recommend these craps even for a properly repaired Japanese car at the same age or even a bit older one which is properly maintained/repaired. In the case of crosswind he has already mentioned why it was difficult to sell Toyota 110.

3.And also when buying a vehicle what really matters is the balance between how much you pay vs quality of the vehicle.

Well I can understand why you guys are reluctant to buy R grade vehicle. I do agree with your idea of risk of buying R grade vehicle. I am not a multi millionair and my budget is limited so I have to take a risk. And the guy who is handling this deal here is one of my best friend so I guess he would not push me in to a pit. And his guy in Japan may not jeopardise his business sending a crap to his guy's friend.

Actually, quite a lot of SL buyers look 8n to irrelevant things like JAAI certificates, auction reports, etc...of cars that already have been in the country for like 10yrs. So, the R grading might actually still haunt your resale value (a point you actually said was important).

Secondly, we all have budgetary limitations. When one has severe limitations the wiser thing to do would is to take the best and safest option. Not take unnecessary risks. Which is why I said maybe you should consider a smaller car. Even a Wagon R or Hustler which come in Hybrid form. Like u yourself said you get what you pay for.

Thirdly, I am convinced you dont know much about cars. We recommended a Peradua. You should know that it is based ona Daihatsu which is jointly dev by Daihatsu and Toyota.

Thirdly, I have seen family members rip their own off for cars. I have learnt to never buy a car off of Sri Lankans over here (Japan). 99% of them resort to vthe shittiest tactics. The guy in japan wont jeopardize his business by sending you crap. He is telling you before hand that it is a R grade car. You are the one telling him it is okay for him to sell u a R grade car. He is safe from any liability or name slandering that may result if the car is crap. After all you are telling him to buy a R grade car.

Fourthly, who ever is buying this car for u in Japan has never driven it. So any issues with the front drive gear will never be known until u buy it and he takes it to his yard. 99%of the time when these people say 'personally selected at auction' it is utter bs. Most buy the car off the online system. Also, even if the car was physically seen by these people they would never get to drive it. Only listen to the engine sometime before the auction. Remember, this car has had a severe front end collision which could have messed up things like the front suspension, steering mechanism etc which need more thana physical inspection to verify if it has been fixed properly. Just because it is japan dont think things are 100% trusteable. If the supplier is do confident about the car you should ask him to fix any and all issues that the car may have at his cost (yes the good ones do that). Also, get this guy to find out where the car came from, which might give some clues as to why it is being sold or atleast where the repairs were done; which he should be able to do if he is in the same city/area as the car auction. I am 95% certain the guy is going to say that is impossible to find of a car at auction.

Fifthly, most R grade cars end up in SL not because people dont have money but because of dirty car salesmen who buy cheap crap and sell them at regular market price ripping off penny wise pound foolish buyers.

Finally, at the end of the day it is your money so it is up to you. Just be respondible about going on public automotive forums telling people it is okay to buy accident rated cars. You might get lucky the next guy might not.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

Thanks all for your opinions and advices.

Let me(less experienced guy according to some :girl_wink:) tell my two penny idea which is basically depend on my and my friends experiences and some knowledge about vehicles and their manufactures.

1. Try to go for a Japanese vehicle rather than this Indian, Korean and Chinese craps. In my opinion even a properly repaired Japanese car(not a very old one) is far more worth than these so called near new or brand new craps. I am telling this because durability, comfortability, safety, environmentally friendliness are far more greater in Japanese vehicles rather than these craps.

2. These craps are in the market because of limited budget of our people and brand new mania of our naïve buyers. And of course some buggers promote these craps as they are stuck with them. I do not think any right minded person would recommend these craps even for a properly repaired Japanese car at the same age or even a bit older one which is properly maintained/repaired. In the case of crosswind he has already mentioned why it was difficult to sell Toyota 110.

3.And also when buying a vehicle what really matters is the balance between how much you pay vs quality of the vehicle.

Well I can understand why you guys are reluctant to buy R grade vehicle. I do agree with your idea of risk of buying R grade vehicle. I am not a multi millionair and my budget is limited so I have to take a risk. And the guy who is handling this deal here is one of my best friend so I guess he would not push me in to a pit. And his guy in Japan may not jeopardise his business sending a crap to his guy's friend.

Machan one last bit of advice. In car business, don't trust even your own mother or father.

Edited by Crosswind

Thanks for your friendly advice. Mostly I do agree with you. I may not know about the cars like you guys but I do my home work before I buy a car. According to my opinion I can not recommend a Peradua to a my friend over a used and some what old Japanese vehicle. Well it is my personal opinion. One should do own home work before rush.

And dear friend, please read carefully, I do not recommend anyone to buy accident rated cars. Actually I completely explained why I go for it and by reading those post anyone can understand the risks I am taking and what I have done to minimize those risks. Even when we buy a second hand car here how can we be sure that it is accident free. Car sellers do lot of jilmarts to sell their cars here. For this car at least I know what has happened. And I know that guy in Japan has inspected this vehicle and guy in here is a genuine friend of mine. That is why I am going to take this risk.

And finally just to make it clear I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO BUY A R GREADED CAR UNLESS IT IS FULLY EXAMINED TILL YOU SATISFY.

Thanks for your friendly advice. Mostly I do agree with you. I may not know about the cars like you guys but I do my home work before I buy a car. According to my opinion I can not recommend a Peradua to a my friend over a used and some what old Japanese vehicle. Well it is my personal opinion. One should do own home work before rush.

And dear friend, please read carefully, I do not recommend anyone to buy accident rated cars. Actually I completely explained why I go for it and by reading those post anyone can understand the risks I am taking and what I have done to minimize those risks. Even when we buy a second hand car here how can we be sure that it is accident free. Car sellers do lot of jilmarts to sell their cars here. For this car at least I know what has happened. And I know that guy in Japan has inspected this vehicle and guy in here is a genuine friend of mine. That is why I am going to take this risk.

And finally just to make it clear I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO BUY A R GREADED CAR UNLESS IT IS FULLY EXAMINED TILL YOU SATISFY.

Even in SL there are third party service or even agents who do full comprehensive checks (granted most car buyers ib SL dont want to cough up that money for a check). In Japan most suppliers do not do such tesr (and no your JAAI inspection can be gotten through). If the shaken inspection is done that would be more comprehensive as that is a full roadworthy test but then that means the car's shaken is valid which means price is higher (although the govt of japan refunds the shaken fees during deregistration suppliers never pass the refund to the buyer). If u ask vyour supplier about shaken he will say it is not requiered for cars less than 3years. Which is true. But, if a car has had a serious accident you have to get a shaken even if it is just a day old.

Just for curiosity where is your supplier at ? Where is the auction atv? Also, if he tells u he drove the car he is more than likely lying to you. The other way you can get a cheap car is look for a pre-auction car. i.e. a car that has been traded in to dealers,etc where u can directly buy from them. Most suppliers dont do it because it is a lot of work for them to hintvthem down (fyi,to give u an idea, my 2007 RAV4s trade in value in 2011 was 450000yen when auction prices were around 1.1mil yen) .

Anyway, seems like u have made up your mind so no matter what we say it is not going to change anything. Sorry we didnt support your decision with 'patta ela buy machan' responses. Most people would run away when they are told the inner frame components were damaged so I do admire your guts (for better or for worst it maybe). U want a Toyota. You want an Aqua. You wanted Japanese. U want a new car with a letter number. U r going for it. Much to be admired of that.

Just because a car is Japanese it doesnt make it good :) the day you come to that realization would be the day you start making sensible decisions regarding cars as opposed to following the herd. At least you are sensible enough to do your research (albeit by your prev comments it does seem to be biased and not very in depth)

Sarcasm aside. It us your decidion. Hope it all works out for you.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

That's the typical stupid theory force-fed by the car brokers to the naive public of this country. My experience tells me otherwise. Selling a hacked Toyota is much more difficult than selling a Perodua or a Fiat in good condition. I've sold Fiats, Protons, Kias, even a Daewoo and of course, a Toyota in the past.

@Crosswind,slightly off topic but you mentioned that you have sold Protons,pls can you tell me a bit of your person views of the Proton Wira 98-2001 models),I was looking for a Wira in 2013 and saw many but lot of them had cosmetic issues like broken meter panels and mafunctioning speedo and RPM meters,and broken tail lights,few cars that were good got snapped up fast in the end I had to buy another brand but I still like the Wira's as a potential next car,please can you give your views on this car

@iRage,

Guy in Japan did not tell me that he drove the car. He just told he did his best and auction is Tokyo.

Actually I did not expect you guys to agree with my decision.....what need is the constructive criticism. At least then some others can benefit from this discussion.

I can not understand that you have told I was being biased and not in depth in previous comment. When I opened this thread I just want the translation of that Japanese text. So I did not go in to depth of commenting.

Actually first I was looking for a 141 which is one of my favourite model but as you guys may already know there are several issues with that model.....so I opted for G grade 121 but price of that car is very bloated here. I really do not think it is that worth and price of 121 may go down with emerging hybrid models....that is why I opted for a Aqua. So as you can see I do not follow the herd. But still I can not recommend any other vehicle(Chinese, Korean, Indian) over Japanese vehicle considering durability, comfortability, etc. Of course if buying a used vehicle you have to be really careful.....

Finally I am very grateful to you for that translation.

@batteries,

Before commenting please look at the beginning of this topic. I just asked for the translation not for car buying guide. But this discussion is really worth and others can also learn something from this.

Edited by rija

@Crosswind,slightly off topic but you mentioned that you have sold Protons,pls can you tell me a bit of your person views of the Proton Wira 98-2001 models),I was looking for a Wira in 2013 and saw many but lot of them had cosmetic issues like broken meter panels and mafunctioning speedo and RPM meters,and broken tail lights,few cars that were good got snapped up fast in the end I had to buy another brand but I still like the Wira's as a potential next car,please can you give your views on this car

Protons are very good cars. Their underlying technology is from Mitsubishi. The engine is bulletproof and body is quite strong. The bad reputation for Protons (and indeed KIas Hyundais etc) in Sri Lanka happened due to a large number of Singapore-used cars coming down to Sri Lanka during 2004-2006 era. These cars were used as taxis in Singapore and they had already clocked over 100k when imported. Also you know how Chinese and Indian taxi drivers treat their cars right?

If you want to buy a Proton, buy one which was imported brand new to Sri Lanka. It will be better than a Japanese car that you can buy for the same budget.

Edited by Crosswind

#1 You say you did your homework when buying a car. I presume homework means listening to experts like iRange on the forum. But what good is your stupid homework if you dont listen to people who know better than you. iRange wasted his time on you indeed. And you're buying a aqua. Every kolla and balla has one and its not hard to find a used one in sri lanka to fit your budget. But if you wanna show off your "unregistered car" due to vanity, dont try to justify it. Just say it out loud.

#2.If you can barely manage to afford the car how do you plan to spend on repairing it? and like the experts say you dont know what else needs to be replaced.

#3 When you ask for advice dont ask friends. They maybe friends, but that doesnt make them experts.

• Like 3

With all due respect to your seniority, I could not help saying that I do not want to argue with a EGOSTIC , BIG HEADED person.

Actually I have a medium sized head.

As for the ego, I believe you're the one with the ego so big it won't fit in a older / smaller car :D

Anyway, it is your money your choice...hope it all works out for you.

Not to rub salt on any wounds or anything, but to make my point about pre-auction cars;

I went to get my car serviced today and came across this trade-in.

2013 (seemed like it from a distance) Aqua, 10,xxxkm , no accident history, service history available, Certified Toyota used car which comes with a 6 month bumper to bumper extended warranty. Shaken is valid till mid 2016 (so you get a refund of about 50,000yen when you cancel the registration). 1.16 mil yen (with registration + transfer taxes)

20150801_143545_zpsg5bishlo.jpg

Why is the 10xxx in two years seem unbelievable ? My Corolla wagon is 16 yrs old and just clocked 2224x km. Mom's RAV4 before getting shipped to SL had only 27xxx put on between 2007 and 2013 and the list can go on and on. As long as the shaken is there the mileage is recorded and any tampering will be detected. So it is not as unbelievable as you might think.

The moral of the prev. post was that you dont necessarily have to buy an accident damaged car to get a good deal, especially one that has needed more than just a panel fixed.

Edited by iRage

@iRage--- Dear friend when we are going through a third party we may not be able to get the best. I went through all the pages(aquas only) of Japanese car auction before took my decision. I was not able to find an accident free car for my budget...otherwise why the hell I want go for a R grade car. You can check today Japanese car auction you would not find an accident free Aqua with such a low milage at such a price.

If I am in the Japan I could go and find a best car for my price. I do not have that luxury so I have to go through a third party and I have to make some compromises willingly or unwillingly....have to grab the best possible available option.

Regarding milage.....what I say is, it is really unbelievable but it may be true and I do not know much about the shaken test so I am unable to say anything about that.

But then again if something is going at a very discounted price we need to double check again.

Anyway I really appreciate your input.

Edited by rija

Well, since u r going through a supplier+friend who u r abdolutely certain wont do u any bad, u could have asked the supplier to hunt a bit more.
I did say try to get a pre auction car (like this one) since u did seem to be convinced they have your best interest at heart and are close.
Also, u did say you did your research in which case u should have known this about pre-auctions and expected mileages. I said your research was not in depth because it seems like u went to a few auction sites (hopefully with past price data) and just compared some prices.
Anyway, this is like debating over spilled milk. Enjoy the car. Irrespective of what it is getting a new car is exciting.

Edited by iRage

Well friend you are using Strong words -absolutely certain - no dear friend what I am sure is my friend would not intentionally put me in to trouble. If I was absolutely certain I would have not asked you guys for that auction sheet translation.

Well I did my research using best available option--as you have mentioned I went current and previous price data of Aquas--then I looked for price of Aqua in here(Sri Lanka). And see whether I can sell it at least without a loss in 2-3 years as my intention is to keep this for 2-3years. But if again government reduces the taxes I might be in trouble. And I do not too much worry about mileage -note that word TOO MUCH - as it can be changed.

Anyway it seems you are very knowledgeable in this so if you can share your knowledge ie how to find a pre auction car ONLINE so that we can ask the supplier to go and see, it would be a great help for most of us.

Edited by rija

Let me break down to you why its not a good idea to buy this car, its up to you to take my advice or not:

• Yes the car is a low mileage, but people buy low mileage cars, in a car with a lower mileage the mechanical parts would be newer and in better condition than a car that has a higher mileage, not to have lower figure on the instrument cluster. In your case low mileage or not the the front and left side fender are heavily damaged so that takes away part of the advantage of owning a low mileage car
  • You might think its no bg deal cuz you are getting it fixed in Japan so everything will be perfect. Nope! it wont be, car dealers mostly take an average mechanic from here and keep him at their car yard and its the average mechanic who fixes those cars and you cannot expect a perfect job from him, I have seen incidents where a damaged car had to be fixed here again cuz the job done in Japan wasnt good enough.
  • Incase if something goes wrong here along the area where the accident has happened, sometimes it will be very difficult to figure out whats wrong and what has been done to it
  • Yes car dealers to buy accident cars and fix them, BUT they mostly stick to body panel damages, they rarely go to the extent of fixing a car with mechanical damages. They mostly repair dents, scratches or replace a whole panels.

And see whether I can sell it at least without a loss in 2-3 years as my intention is to keep this for 2-3years. But if again government reduces the taxes I might be in trouble.

Forget the government and taxes. Simply put, you won't be bale to sell it at the same price. And it does not mean a loss. It's depreciation for your use. Hybrids, depreciate faster. All that for non accident cars too.