• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Auction Sheet Translation

rija

Question

Leaving the Japanese text aside, this seems to be the auction sheet of a severely accident damaged car. The damages are on the bonnet and the left wing, which means there are chances of chassis damage. Only a fool will go for a car like this. And if you think you can flip it off for a quick buck after getting it down, it won't work out.

I have already known what you said crosswind. Just looking at the picture we can not say the extent of damage inside the bonnet...We can guess but how can we be sure. That is why I want to know what has written in there.

Regarding making quick bucks my dear friend, I know what most of the car importers are doing. If you are experienced enough in this field you may know what I have meant.Anyway thanks for your reply.

I have already known what you said crosswind. Just looking at the picture we can not say the extent of damage inside the bonnet...We can guess but how can we be sure. That is why I want to know what has written in there.

Regarding making quick bucks my dear friend, I know what most of the car importers are doing. If you are experienced enough in this field you may know what I have meant.Anyway thanks for your reply.

Why do you really 'want to be sure' in the first place? It's an accident damaged car and the parts have been replaced. So if I were you, I wouldn't touch a car with an auction grade 'R'. Anyway its your decision.

These R graded cars are mostly brought down quite cheap by car sales guys after repairing and then sold to unsuspecting customers for a grand sum. But it seems in your case you already know the scene and still going ahead and buying it. :blink:

I am going with because of my budget. Guy who is in Japan told that he examined the car and it is okay. But we can not trust those guys 100%. That is why I am looking for the translation of that text. If any of you can do it, it is a big help for me and I would be very thankful.

If I want to make quick bucks I would not worry about Japanese text.

- Navi password locked

- Steering wheel and seats scratched some cigerette burn marks

- Core support bent

- Left front side (something that is not written clear) is BP (no idea what BP is)

- Front left inner panel bent

- Easily removable scratches present.

Yes. You got yourself a gem there ! You should get it ! It is so amazing u should keep it for yourself. I am sure it will be an awesome deal.

Like the others have said, stay away from R grade cars. True, some R grade cars just have a panel or a light replaced or a dent fixed paint job after a fender bender; but unless u can physically be there and get a proper inspection done it simply is not wise to go for a R grade car

@OP : Just saw your last post.

If budget is tight I would advice to go for a smaller car or a car with slightly higher mileage but good auction grade and records). Or even perhaps go for a different brand altogether.

Considering the sheet says 1500cc gasoline and that the color is 1g3 grey I guess this is a Vitz or an Allion ? (Other cars that come with the color is an aqua but then it says gasoline not Hybrid or other, unless u r going with something more eare like a Sienta or Auris).

Edited by iRage

Thank you very much iRage. Your post is really helpful. Thanks a lot again.

This is a aqua. As you have mentioned correctly colour is gray. I don't know why they have mentioned this as gasoline. Anyway I have seen they have mentioned as gasoline in some other hybrid vehicles too.

• Like 1

I see. Wouldnt good ones go for about 1.4mil or so ? Risk is not worth it. I know car dealers who bought R grades as requested by buyers but cost of fixing it properly ended up being more expensive than normal cars (the buyers abandonned the cars and the dealers were at a loss). Although your guy here is giving it to u for 1.13mil yen how much is the auction price ?

Yes. Good ones go for around 1.4mil of auction price. Total value may be end up around 1.7mil which is far away from my budget.

I am not exactly sure about auction price. It has to be 90kola or a few less.

I don't know what is meant by core support bent. Is it a big issue?

Thank you very much.

Core support could be the front metal bar which the radiator, etc sits on. Yes it being bent is a big issue. U can replace it. Still not worth the risk because there are so many unknowns, and it can go either way for u. Although purchase cost is low u still need to spend fixing it so u need some cash left after purchase too.

Maybe u should look for a different car. Do u need an Aqua? A hybrid kei car might fit your budget which i think is about 2.5mil rupees ? Or evena near newPerodua or something locally bought ?

• Like 3

Thanks friend for the information. I am going for a Toyota car because of its second hand market. Keeping a Toyota is like keeping money. If there is any emergency it can be sold quickly for few bucks less than market price.

Car auction sheet has mentioned" core support bent"

Could anyone say what it means?

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like they mean the main beam that the radiator and front grill attach to is bent. This happened to me on the Mazda I had. It was not expensive to buy the new part ( the beam is made of heavy plastic so usually once it gets damaged, it cannot be repaired) but it was expensive to replace as the radiator, front grill and a host of other parts connect to this component.

As the mostly common way this would get bent is via a frontal collision, this car is likely to have been in an accident.

(I'll let the other members with more experience buying cars from auctions guide you on this; but personally I'd avoid buying a car with any damage to the front of the car. In my opinion there are too many components in that area that could get affected, and I'm not sure whether all the potential issues would be detected via the auction inspection.)

Edit: Reading the other thread where this is discussed it seems that:

1. On some cars the core support beam is made of metal- Mine wasn't. It was made of thick plastic and there was no way to fix it. It needed to be completely replaced and all the components that connect to it need to be dismantled and reattached when doing so.

2. From the auction sheet its clear this car was in an accident and that it sustained damage to the front left side of the car.

Edited by Kavvz

Thanks friend for the information. I am going for a Toyota car because of its second hand market. Keeping a Toyota is like keeping money. If there is any emergency it can be sold quickly for few bucks less than market price.

That's the typical stupid theory force-fed by the car brokers to the naive public of this country. My experience tells me otherwise. Selling a hacked Toyota is much more difficult than selling a Perodua or a Fiat in good condition. I've sold Fiats, Protons, Kias, even a Daewoo and of course, a Toyota in the past. The toughest one to get rid of, was the Daewoo and guess which was the next toughest? The Toyota 110. Why? the car had been systematically abused by cheap-ass idiots in the past, to the extent that it was having endless repairs. The quickest sale in my experience ever, was with a 2005 Kia. Advertised the car in ik**n at 9AM. Closed the sale at 12 noon on the same day (with a tidy profit over the price I bought it).

Still, its your car, your money. Whether you take the advice of people with a little more experience than you, is really your decision.

Yes. Good ones go for around 1.4mil of auction price. Total value may be end up around 1.7mil which is far away from my budget.

I am not exactly sure about auction price. It has to be 90kola or a few less.

I don't know what is meant by core support bent. Is it a big issue?

Thank you very much.

Core support could be the front metal bar which the radiator, etc sits on. Yes it being bent is a big issue. U can replace it. Still not worth the risk because there are so many unknowns, and it can go either way for u. Although purchase cost is low u still need to spend fixing it so u need some cash left after purchase too.

Maybe u should look for a different car. Do u need an Aqua? A hybrid kei car might fit your budget which i think is about 2.5mil rupees ? Or evena near newPerodua or something locally bought ?

Just saw this post, and I guess this was the same issue that was raised on the other thread as well and I guess it might be better just merging the previous thread into this one at this point?

Edited by Kavvz

few bucks less than the 'then' market value. Since it's a hybrid it's gonna depreciate much faster. How much are you planning to drive per month? Don't tell me it's less than 1000km

Most vehicles can be sold quickly below the market value. The extent you're going for this reason is too much. Take the advise (if you wish)

I am with Crosswinds, a hacked accident damaged Toyota is going to be a tougher sell than an Alto.

I am certain I have seen Aquas going for 1.4mil yen-ish CIF Colombo (remember seeing a FB post of a friend who does car exports) and I am 200% certain it was not a R grade as he is one of the guys who got burnt by them. Granted this was like 4 months ago.

Maybe u should do a bit more shopping

Edited by iRage

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="The Don" data-cid="280683" data-time="1438233951"><p>

Threads merged. Please refrain from opening multiple threads on the same topic.</p></blockquote>

As this is mainly a mechanical problem I posted a this in the mechanical section as a separate topic and iRage, I have posted this before your comment on this matter. Sorry for the inconvenience.