• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Gp5 Technical Help

udaragun

Question

please address this doubts,,

1- is it useless to use eco mode when the vehicle runs on hills (fuel efficiency side) ?
2- is it process with a higher fuel efficiency while inactive Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) ?
3- do we can get high fuel efficiency numbers with cruiz control?

10 answers to this question

please address this doubts,,

1- is it useless to use eco mode when the vehicle runs on hills (fuel efficiency side) ?

2- is it process with a higher fuel efficiency while inactive Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) ?

3- do we can get high fuel efficiency numbers with cruiz control?

1. Never tried it so I have no idea. But doesnt the eco mode give you less power and hills are a place you need more power? Why get into a drag climbing hills even if it saves fuel anyway?

2. VSA is there for a completely different purpose. It's there to prevent oversteer and understeer in certain scenarios and improves car handling. It is never recommended to be turned off except in situations such as the car is stuck in mud and the wheels are skidding. Do not kill yourself by turning this off to save fuel. Read the service manual on VSA for more info.

3. Since during cruise control the RPM remains a constant more or less, you might get higher fuel efficiency.

• Like 1

1. Never tried it so I have no idea. But doesnt the eco mode give you less power and hills are a place you need more power? Why get into a drag climbing hills even if it saves fuel anyway?

2. VSA is there for a completely different purpose. It's there to prevent oversteer and understeer in certain scenarios and improves car handling. It is never recommended to be turned off except in situations such as the car is stuck in mud and the wheels are skidding. Do not kill yourself by turning this off to save fuel. Read the service manual on VSA for more info.

3. Since during cruise control the RPM remains a constant more or less, you might get higher fuel efficiency.

Thanks for the information,,,

Normally when i'm driving in the city (kandy) it does around 17-20 kmpl and outstation 26-30 kmpl ,, is it normal with this car ,, i bought 2014/12 Lgrade 0 milage one

Thanks for the information,,,

Normally when i'm driving in the city (kandy) it does around 17-20 kmpl and outstation 26-30 kmpl ,, is it normal with this car ,, i bought 2014/12 Lgrade 0 milage one

No there is something wrong with either you or the car, get both checked asap.

• Like 4

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="udaragun" data-cid="280588" data-time="1438091157"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="asrock" data-cid="280586" data-time="1438087857"><p><br />

<br /><br />

No there is something wrong with either you or the car, get both checked asap.</p></blockquote><br />

<br />

So what is the fuel efficency</p></blockquote>

My neighbour has a GN 250 that, according to him, does about 25km per liter. Better ask the guy to sell a kidney to a UK punter and buy a GP5 instead.

• Like 1