• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Your Advice Please - Allion 240

KrishE

Question

Hello Experts,

Few weeks back I asked same question, Please excuse me for asking same thing!!

There was some rust or something on my gear shifting bezel cover and I used Brasso to remove them. but unfortunately my paint gone :(

Now I have to replace this one ? I have contacted "Toyota Lanka" and they said it will cost 14000LKR

I think that is too much for this plastic cover. can you guys know any place to buy this cover ? Or reconditioned ?

Please help me, This thing really bothering me :(

Thank you very much!

Krish

post-70462-0-27814800-1437995682_thumb.j

15 answers to this question

The agent probably quoted that figure because the unit is sold as the entire shift lever mechanism or as a kit that includes the indicator panel. This is usually the case.

The part maybe shared with many other Toyota vehicles (Premio, Corolla, Camry etc.), so it might easier to locate it locally than you think. If you are ordering from eBay, make sure you check that the indicator plate is for the right hand driven model (because this part maybe used on other left hand driven cars as well). Amayama is not a problem since you can select the region (Japan).

Thank you so much for great advice. are they shipping to Sri Lanka ? seems hard to find exact part by the way :D

Yes, Amayama ships to Sri Lanka. The exact part number is: 35921-20470 according to this.

First of all, this question doesn't deserve another thread. You could have continued the discussion in your old thread. I hope a moderator will merge the threads.

Secondly, why on earth did you use Brasso when members have advised against using it on plastic?

Honestly, that doesn't look that bad. Just learn to live with it. If you can't, then you will have to look for it in the places suggested in your earlier thread. Recon is your best bet, but finding one in good condition will be a bit of a challenge.

• Like 1

First of all, this question doesn't deserve another thread. You could have continued the discussion in your old thread. I hope a moderator will merge the threads.

Secondly, why on earth did you use Brasso when members have advised against using it on plastic?

Honestly, that doesn't look that bad. Just learn to live with it. If you can't, then you will have to look for it in the places suggested in your earlier thread. Recon is your best bet, but finding one in good condition will be a bit of a challenge.

Hello Davy,

Thank you for your response, And Apologies if I broke site rules. I am living in Kandy. I think I can't find recon one here ? Should I search in Colombo ? Can you suggest me a place ? or Kurunegala maybe ?

Hello Davy,

Thank you for your response, And Apologies if I broke site rules. I am living in Kandy. I think I can't find recon one here ? Should I search in Colombo ? Can you suggest me a place ? or Kurunegala maybe ?

Did you check in ebay or that other popular sri lankan item selling site? There is almost everything for sale there if you dig a bit deeper... good luck!

Hello Experts,

There was some rust or something on my gear shifting bezel cover and I used Brasso to remove them. but unfortunately my paint gone :(

Now I have to replace this one ? I have contacted "Toyota Lanka" and they said it will cost 14000LKR

I think that is too much for this plastic cover. can you guys know any place to buy this cover ? Or reconditioned ?

Thank you very much!

Krish

Hey friend., sorry to hear about that.. first of all, do not panic.. you've made a mistake and now it is done..

I think you might be able to find a recon cover if you keep on looking.. till then., live with it.. and it will remind you to think twice before you do something like that again..

Hello Experts,

Thank you very much!

Krish

Get it down from amayama.com

Price would be around 4500/- for the genuine brand new part. You can find the part number in toyodiy.com

• Like 1

Davy is right it doesn't look that bad, besides this is a 9-10 year old vehicle those kind of fadings and scratches are common. Don't loose sleep over it. But if you are so worried about it, try to find it on the site mentioned by Ruslan, it'll be much cheaper.

• Like 1

Hello Experts,

Thank you very much!

Krish

Crap scene! 14k for a plastic bezel / cover is crazy. Your best bet would be to see if its available on ebay. You may be able to pick up a non OEM replacement part like a stainless steel replacement an aluminum replacement for less online. Good luck with the search!

Get it down from amayama.com Price would be around 4500/- for the genuine brand new part. You can find the part number in toyodiy.com

Pretty cool site Ruslan! First I heard of it, so: Thanks for posting.

Edited by Kavvz

Hey friend., sorry to hear about that.. first of all, do not panic.. you've made a mistake and now it is done..

I think you might be able to find a recon cover if you keep on looking.. till then., live with it.. and it will remind you to think twice before you do something like that again..

Yeah! I fully agree with you Mate!

Crap scene! 14k for a plastic bezel / cover is crazy. Your best bet would be to see if its available on ebay. You may be able to pick up a non OEM replacement part like a stainless steel replacement an aluminum replacement for less online. Good luck with the search!

Already discovered on ebay and Ali expree but still didn't found any OEM product for allion 240

Get it down from amayama.com Price would be around 4500/- for the genuine brand new part. You can find the part number in toyodiy.com

Thank you so much for great advice. are they shipping to Sri Lanka ? seems hard to find exact part by the way :D

The agent probably quoted that figure because the unit is sold as the entire shift lever mechanism or as a kit that includes the indicator panel. This is usually the case.

The part maybe shared with many other Toyota vehicles (Premio, Corolla, Camry etc.), so it might easier to locate it locally than you think. If you are ordering from eBay, make sure you check that the indicator plate is for the right hand driven model (because this part maybe used on other left hand driven cars as well). Amayama is not a problem since you can select the region (Japan).

Yes, Amayama ships to Sri Lanka. The exact part number is: 35921-20470 according to th

Yes, Amayama ships to Sri Lanka. The exact part number is: 35921-20470 according to this.

Sorry for the late response, I was away!

Davy, thank you for helping me! by the way I have tried to pay them via paypal. but sadly they won't allow me to do it(because country of my paypal - malaysia)

By the way you guys were referred me ebay, I but I can't see parts like in Amayama ?

Can you guys share that links please

Thank you very much!

I use that site too, they also ship to Sri Lanka, their shipping expensive though. I see now they have added Nissan and Subaru too

Oh and last time I went to the Toyota dealer in Kandy, they were using something very similar, probably the same site :P

Edited by Magnum