• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Any Daewoo Owners?

copydown

I highly doubt if it has the original Daewoo engine. Most of them have got Toyota engines transplanted. Some spares are available in Ajantha Motors yard at C.P de Silva Mawatha, Katubedda, Moratuwa.

I've also heard about spares being available in Kurunegala area.

These cars cost about 300,000 on average. For that budget, you don't have many options and to their credit, Daewoo cars are quite comfortable compared to others.

Fuel economy isn't great by the way and depends on the engine. If it has the original 1600CC engine, you should expect around 7-8 km/litre.

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 1

@Crosswind - Is this a wise choice to buy? we had these cars given to the forces a long time back and it didn't fare well at all, fastest deteriorating car ever on the fleet

Well... its not a wise choice to buy but what other options would one have for a budget of like 250 -300k. Volkswagen Beetle (2 doors!), KE72 Wagon (hasnt even got power steering), B310? Batu Sunny? Lancer Wagon?

To be honest, if someone with a sub 300k budget asks me to recommend a car, I will always recommend KE72.

@aps - GM still owns Daewoo (now Chevrolet Korea) and the parts are interchangeable between various GM's brands (Opel, Holden, Chevrolet, Vauxhall) but none of these brands had any significant presence in Sri Lanka in the past 4 decades so this point is purely academic.

Edited by Crosswind

I highly doubt if it has the original Daewoo engine. Most of them have got Toyota engines transplanted. Some spares are available in Ajantha Motors yard at C.P de Silva Mawatha, Katubedda, Moratuwa.

I've also heard about spares being available in Kurunegala area.

These cars cost about 300,000 on average. For that budget, you don't have many options and to their credit, Daewoo cars are quite comfortable compared to others.

Fuel economy isn't great by the way and depends on the engine. If it has the original 1600CC engine, you should expect around 7-8 km/litre.

I agree with Crosswind, that Daewoo cars are comfortable compared to Mitsubishi Lancer box model.

OP, how did you get idea to buy Daewoo?

Hello friends I'm planning to buy 1993 Daewoo RACER car I just want to get some ideas from daewoo owners about the parts availablity and fuel consumption etc..

I used a Dwewoo Racer which belongs to my brother in law.

Fuel consumption is around 10-12 with no AC.

Pros:

Comfortable

Good leg space

Good pulling power

Cons:

Parts are expensive and available in few places

Poor head lights

Although it’s a full option car most things did not work properly

Hard to recel(He waited almost 5 years)

I had a really bad expriance with it as wiper stop working when i driving in a rainy night.

During five more he used this car he spent lot of money on the car including engine overhaul.

Edited by coolcar

Pros:

Comfortable

Good leg space

Design is something similar to ALFA Romeo

Sorry what? What Alfa Romeos have you even seen?

Edited by Supra_Natural

Pros:

Comfortable

Good leg space

Design is something similar to https://www.google.com/search?q=ALFA+Romeo&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0CBoQvwUoAGoVChMI0fKX54H7xgIVTo-OCh17ugB7&biw=1525&bih=708&dpr=0.9'>ALFA Romeo

Good pulling power

Cons:

Parts are expensive and available in few places

Poor head lights

Although it’s a full option car most things did not work properly

Hard to recel(He waited almost 5 years)

I had a really bad expriance with it as wiper stop working when i driving in a rainy night.

During five more he used this car he spent lot of money on the car including engine overhaul.

While there lot of cars to compare, why did u choose AlfaRomeo particularly?

May be u r joking!

Only Daewoo I had was a TV long time ago and that too was full of problems

Strange!

My parents bought a Daewoo TV in 1993, which lasted for 17 years without a single issue, until I got them a new one in 2010. I always thought their electronics were good.

Strange!

My parents bought a Daewoo TV in 1993, which lasted for 17 years without a single issue, until I got them a new one in 2010. I always thought their electronics were good.

Oh wait! that wasnt the Daewoo! That was something else. Actually Daewoo did well, I forgot wat happened to it though!

My bad!