• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Grace Advice

esanda007

Guys any one using a Honda grace?

It looks like a decent car with good looks and better interior. Compared to axio build quality is much better. But according to car sale ppl grace is poor in fuel consumption and resale value.

If their is any one with experience in grace please elaborate on

Comfort

Economy

Acceleration

Thank in advance.

I do have a question on this won't all Hybrids depreciate much faster than a normal gasoline vehicle, since the battery usability goes low in time to come? So buying a hybrid won't be of sorts an investment since it will lose its value way faster

Yes and given that hardly anything other than hybrids ever get shipped here, means that in the future a car will not be an investment like it was a few years ago.

But i do see registered hybrid cars like GP1's advertised for a fraction above 3 million when an unreg one will cost you about the same amount.. heaven knows the actual price they get sold for eventually.

• Like 1

I have not used Grace, however have been using a GP5 on which it is based for the last 6 months

Economy – Urban 16-17kmpl, highway (100 kmph with cruise control 23-24kmpl)

Acceleration 0-100km less than 10 sec. in gear acceleration pretty good, very nimble can be driven at decent pace, better than CRV, Lancer EX, Corolla 141 in terms of acceleration.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Acceleration 0-100km less than 10 sec. in gear acceleration pretty good, very nimble can be driven at decent pace, better than CRV, Lancer EX, Corolla 141 in terms of acceleration.

Yup I second that, followed a GP5 on the Kadugannawa hill climb, it was accelerating pretty good compared to my allion, maybe because of its weight and electric motor assist.

I also don't like the interior of the 2014/15 Axio hybrid, the older one looked better. But most people seems to choose the axio over the Grace.

Yup I second that, followed a GP5 on the Kadugannawa hill climb, it was accelerating pretty good compared to my allion, maybe because of its weight and electric motor assist.

I also don't like the interior of the 2014/15 Axio hybrid, the older one looked better. But most people seems to choose the axio over the Grace.

I thinks its cuz of the fuel economy, I have heard from a person thats the Axio hybrid is under powered but I'm not sure how true that is

I thinks its cuz of the fuel economy, I have heard from a person thats the Axio hybrid is under powered but I'm not sure how true that is

New axio face lift with beige interior is horrible compared to other cars in that price range. Out side looks r some what good but interior is soo cheap Edited by esanda007

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi esanda007

I am using Honda Grace from  2015 Oct. You are correct. it is a decent car with good looks and better interior.

Fuel consumption is around 18-22 in average conditions. 

Honda Grace use Duel Clutch transmission technology. Therefore you need to check and replace Duel Clutch oil too when changing your transmission oil. It cost you around Rs.3000.00 extra.

I normally check my clutch oil condition in my periodic service and make sure it is in good condition. 

I did not come across any battery failure in Honda Grace cars up to now.  Honda hybrid battery life is specified, by Honda, to be at least ten (10) years, or 150,000 miles of use

If you look after well there will be no issue. 

Good car.

Thilak

Edited by RKTS

• 3 months later...
On 2/14/2018 at 2:30 PM, RKTS said:

Hi esanda007

I am using Honda Grace from  2015 Oct. You are correct. it is a decent car with good looks and better interior.

Fuel consumption is around 18-22 in average conditions. 

Honda Grace use Duel Clutch transmission technology. Therefore you need to check and replace Duel Clutch oil too when changing your transmission oil. It cost you around Rs.3000.00 extra.

I normally check my clutch oil condition in my periodic service and make sure it is in good condition. 

I did not come across any battery failure in Honda Grace cars up to now.  Honda hybrid battery life is specified, by Honda, to be at least ten (10) years, or 150,000 miles of use

If you look after well there will be no issue. 

Good car.

Thilak

Exactly. Honda battery can last more than 10 years. I haven't heard any battery issues yet from anyone. I have 2016 model and get average fuel economy of 24-26 with 80 - 120 KM h