• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Advice On Buying A Hybrid Vehicle Around 5M-6M

kodo

Question

Hi all,

[First of all I went through other treads like 4M-5M , arround 5M]

Planning to buy a vehicle around 5M-6M, and I can barely reach 6.5M. Need your support to pick the best looking car for the money.

Following are my concerns,

1. Fuel consumption (1600km - 1800km per month) [There goes my mazda 6 dream]
  2. Looks : I really like the big front grill of a car like in audi, mazda6, bmw(not a fan of axio 2015 facelift, urgh)
  3. prefer vehicle in brand new condition(2013-2015) or auction rating 5, A (10,000km - 12,000km)

I was made up my mind for a mazda axela 2013/14. But yesterday I saw one on high way and disappointed by the number plate placement on the front grill, hiding the awesomeness of the mazda kodo design. fyi: I've never seen a axela up close but pics, but i've seen a mazda6.

for you to know my taste (2/10 sport feeling + 3/10 prestige feeling + 5/10 Fuel consumption)

I'm willing allocate 12k-13k for fuel per month. if I have to, 15k for some months.

These are the vehicles I appreciate, (design, not that i can afford some), but sadly, none can meets my monthly fuel allocation .

• Mazda 6 (soul metallic red or Perl white) love it.
  • Audi A3 sedan
  • BMW X1
  • Camry 2014, 2015

Really Appreciate your help. Thanks

Edited by kodo

20 answers to this question

First of all, at 27, you're really pushing the word 'kid' :D

Seriously though, have you factored in the other associated costs ow maintaining a new or newish vehicle? Insurance (albeit annual) servicing and such? Just pointing it out cos the description sounds like you're scraping your savings together for this car to the last cent. Ignore if this isn't the case.

And somewhat a little over the top idea, have you thought of buying two cars instead? An economical and reliable work-horse and a fun car for the other times?

Planning to buy a vehicle around 5M-6M, and I can barely reach 6.5M. Need your support to pick the best looking car for the money.

Guys, really appreciate your support. I'm stuck here. I'm not a 45 years old millionaire, I'm just a 27 years old kid who likes to live nicely and this vehicle is going to be one my future investment. So need to pick the best can I can.

Really Appreciate your help. Thanks

Seriously though, have you factored in the other associated costs ow maintaining a new or newish vehicle? Insurance (albeit annual) servicing and such? Just pointing it out cos the description sounds like you're scraping your savings together for this car to the last cent. Ignore if this isn't the case.

And somewhat a little over the top idea, have you thought of buying two cars instead? An economical and reliable work-horse and a fun car for the other times?

LOL I'm the same age and I'd be happy if someone called me a kid... office colleagues children call me 'uncle' :sad-smiley-067:

seriously @OP from what I have realized from what has been happening if you consider a vehicle as a investment you will be disappointed: It's a depreciating asset. (Economists,Financial guys correct me if i used the wrong word I'm a humble techie)

Edited by matroska

LOL...

Nope, I just mentioned cost for the fuel. I have allocated for others too.

btw, my garage can have one for now. lets see... just kidding :P

there... removed the lines you mocked.

@matroska: do not go off the topic. I did not ask for your plans dude. I have my own. If you are trying to help. Thank you very much. if not, do not ruin the tread. start your own thread about your future plans

Dear Sir,

Please accept my humble apologies. I have also removed the lines that have 'Ruined' the thread. I do not wish to start a thread about my future plans right now- when I do I will always have gratitude for you putting me on the right path.

I have however kept the parts regarding 'investment' since I believe a vehicle is NOT an investment especially now. I wish you good luck with your 'investment'. Peace.

Dear Sir,

Please accept my humble apologies. I have also removed the lines that have 'Ruined' the thread. I do not wish to start a thread about my future plans right now- when I do I will always have gratitude for you putting me on the right path.

I have however kept the parts regarding 'investment' since I believe a vehicle is NOT an investment especially now. I wish you good luck with your 'investment'. Peace.

@matroska: forget the word investment. :D. Peace

• Like 1

any help guys ? :)

the only thing that meets your rather specific requirements list is the Axela Hybrid. So your question has already been answered. The diesel BMW X1 should also work for you, they can be picked up well within the price range with reasonable mileage (even the agent has a pre-owned division now). Should fit your economy needs just fine.

Even the Mazda 6 is much more economical than most people would expect a car that size to be.

the only thing that meets your rather specific requirements list is the Axela Hybrid. So your question has already been answered. The diesel BMW X1 should also work for you, they can be picked up well within the price range with reasonable mileage (even the agent has a pre-owned division now). Should fit your economy needs just fine.

Even the Mazda 6 is much more economical than most people would expect a car that size to be.

@supra : Thanks. I\m little bit worried about axela spare parts. Dnt this mazda3 and axela hybrid exactly same.

@supra : Thanks. I\m little bit worried about axela spare parts. Dnt this mazda3 and axela hybrid exactly same.

I don't understand your question exactly. If you're trying to ask whether the Mazda 3 and the Axela Hybrid are the same, well it's the same basic car with different mechanical setup and spec. The 3 is a fairly straightforward 1.6 Litre sedan while the Axela Hybrid (JDM version) has the 2.0 Litre engine from the 6 but severely detuned to work in the Hybrid application. The Hybrid tech is from Toyota so it will soon be well understood here. Considering how popular the Axela Hybrids seem to be getting, parts should not be too much of an issue long term.

Or you could just get a slightly used 3 (brand new spec) and not worry about the Hybrid tech crapping out. Or better yet go ahead and get a 6, it's not all that bad on fuel.

Edited by Supra_Natural

I don't understand your question exactly. If you're trying to ask whether the Mazda 3 and the Axela Hybrid are the same, well it's the same basic car with different mechanical setup and spec. The 3 is a fairly straightforward 1.6 Litre sedan while the Axela Hybrid (JDM version) has the 2.0 Litre engine from the 6 but severely detuned to work in the Hybrid application. The Hybrid tech is from Toyota so it will soon be well understood here. Considering how popular the Axela Hybrids seem to be getting, parts should not be too much of an issue long term.

Or you could just get a slightly used 3 (brand new spec) and not worry about the Hybrid tech crapping out. Or better yet go ahead and get a 6, it's not all that bad on fuel.

@supra really appreciate your help. There were some post saying mazda3 windscreen does not match with axela windscreen. So worried about spare parts. Anyway Thanks for pushing me for the 6. :)

Colonial has 2015/2016 mazda 6 2.0L brand new for 6.9M

Any idea about the 2.5L price range ?

Edited by kodo

@supra really appreciate your help. There were some post saying mazda3 windscreen does not match with axela windscreen. So worried about spare parts. Anyway Thanks for pushing me for the 6. :)

Colonial has 2015/2016 mazda 6 2.0L brand new for 6.9M

Any idea about the 2.5L price range ?

Closer to 8 mil I think.

That's what CarMart said during the motor show.

• Like 1

Supra, can u please share the fuel economy of your Mazda 6 please? I'm really excited to know that. I just love that car.

Why not the Honda Accord Hybrid?

There is a used Mazda 6 in colonial for around 5.4 mill. The 2.5ltr will be around 9 million I'm guessing. Not 100% sure though.

Edited by Z.u.L
  • Like 1

@sathyajithj99 mazda 6 2.0L around 12km/l i think. no idea about 2.5

@Zul, Max budget is 7M. Dn't think accord falls into that range. looking for a brand new condition or less than 10,000km.

btw, crystal black on accord is super cool.

Edited by kodo