• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Dashboard Warning Light

nuwang

Dear All,

I have a Aqua, 2014 model, normal key (not smart key), have done only about 5700 Kms

Today a dashboard warning light came on while driving the car and the light still remain as it is. The light doesn't flash or make any warning noise/buzz but doesn't go away

The car functions normal

Could you kindly let me know what can be the issue ? I have attached a picture of the dashboard with the warning sign displayed. Please respond soon, thanks

Nuwan post-47748-0-38902700-1437314359_thumb.p

Thanks Jor-el, for your quick reply

sorry for opening the same thread here

Kindly advise what could be the issue ?

Also where do you recommend I can take the car for a check up ? Hybrid Motors or Toyota Lanka OR is there some where better than both of these places ?

Regards

Nuwan

Dont open multiple threads for the same problem
That is ev system warning indicator

You sure u bought a new car???

anyways more about that EV system warning light as Jor-el was kind enough to mention is below,

http://dashboardsymbols.com/2012/12/ev-electric-vehicle-system-warning-indicator/

This is an EV (Electric Vehicle) System Warning Indicator symbol. The image is of a rather generic automobile with an exclamation point embedded inside. For some EVs, this is the Check Engine Light. It indicates a possible problem in one or more of the following; the traction motor and inverter system, the charge port or charger, the lithium ion battery, the cooling system or the shift control system. Pretty much any system that allows the vehicle to move. Contact your dealer before attempting to drive further.

• Like 2

You sure u bought a new car???

anyways more about that EV system warning light as Jor-el was kind enough to mention is below,

http://dashboardsymbols.com/2012/12/ev-electric-vehicle-system-warning-indicator/

This is an EV (Electric Vehicle) System Warning Indicator symbol. The image is of a rather generic automobile with an exclamation point embedded inside. For some EVs, this is the Check Engine Light. It indicates a possible problem in one or more of the following; the traction motor and inverter system, the charge port or charger, the lithium ion battery, the cooling system or the shift control system. Pretty much any system that allows the vehicle to move. Contact your dealer before attempting to drive further.

• Like 1

I think it is the Hybrid System Warning Light.
I checked the Prius C owners manual pdf but i couldn't find this indicator but i found it in Prius MK1 owners manual. Hope they both refer to the same meaning.

2_zpswmt89mpa.jpg1_zpspvuowrjk.jpg

If you have the owners manual with you, you can confirm this yourself.
If you do not have the owners manual, i suggest you to download the Prius C (Which is more or less the same as Aqua) owners manual from the toyota website and read it from start to end. Its better if you can print it and keep it in the car.
Knowing about the car is good for both you and the car.
Here is the link to download the 2014 Prius C User Manual.

http://www.toyota.com/t3Portal/document/om-s/OM52D73U/pdf/OM52D73U.pdf

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

As far as i know that's the sign for Hybrid battery failure. I scrolled the web before i bought my Aqua and somewhere i came across this sign with a description.Unfortunately i can't locate the place from where i found it. Better to get check before jump in to conclusions.

That's nothing. I personally came across two 'zero mileage' 3rd gen Priuses which landed in Sri Lanka with dead batteries some time ago.

But but no way toyotas never even visit a garage in their entire lifetime, you must be lying :to_pick_ones_nose3:

That's nothing. I personally came across two 'zero mileage' 3rd gen Priuses which landed in Sri Lanka with dead batteries some time ago.

True. Came across a 2014 very low milage Prius with a battery that wont charge.