• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Has Happened To Bmw 320D S?

Nishan.dj

Question

Guys,

Sometime back, I remember there were many 320Ds on the road. May be because of the permits and all. But nowadays It seems I hardly see one of them. Any idea what has happened? Any common issue or something? Appreciate if you can share something. :)

Thanks

But putting Japanese diesel engine will not change value of car, it will be making it more attractive to more more car buyers who not worry about later engine problem. Europeean cars putting out too much smoke when racing becasue of bad engine. with japanese engine you dont get that problem. many BMWS also making lots of smoke

when japanese diesel engine inside, servicing also no problem. Only troubles with suspension bush and other parts, but good lathe shop can also fix many bush (Bush gahanawa)

N9pr0il.jpg

• Like 2

edit: Double post but while I'm at it,

I guess you're the type who would buy a Euro and run it to the ground because you don't want to spend a penny on keeping the car in decent shape. and then another one of you would pick it up and go the extra mile and gut the poor thing. Do you buy your wife immitation jewelry as well???

Edited by Hoonigan
  • Like 1

Aquaman: do us all a favor, just buy a Jap and run it as you please. You will save the rest of us the trouble of having to listen to this nonsense...

Leave the Euros to ppl who actually value them and enjoy them and would take measures to maintain them as required, even if it costs an arm or leg sometimes...

Besides, ppl who are loyal to EU brands will not buy a EU brand with a Japanese engine... they also are brought for their engines and driving dynamics.. not for looks..

if you want a car with less headaches and maintenance, go for diesel Jap, no one is stopping you, besides it will hold value and retain demand. Stay away from EU makes

Edited by Rukster
  • Like 5

My freind just buy BMW 300- car.. he is now removing engine to put in 2c turbo. I will put pictures once job is done. Good mechanic we know is doing the work. Engine, gear box and computer box all cost only 3 lakhs.

Your friend should be happy that I'm not in SL. Otherwise I would've found him myself and kicked him in the ass. Why didn't he just go buy a jap car that has a 2C engine in the first place? I'm sure he could've found a luxurious Toyota Crown.

I started my BMW ownership with a 1999 320D. Loved everything about it. Went on to get a 2002 320D while I was still there. When I moved to the US my first car was again a BMW a 2002 325i. Then got a 2007 335i, then a 2009 M3. I currently have a 2011 X5d and looking to replace that with a newer X5 and soon to come is either a M3 or a M2. That's how I feel about BMWs. Did you count how many that was? 6 and continuing!!

You sir are an ASS!

Edited by madmax
  • Like 9

It is true that you can buy Toyota corolla with 2 C engine. But it is very common for srilankans to buy europaean cars and put diesel engine... There is a famous baas in waliweriay who modfies benz car for diesel running using 2C engine. So BMW also can be done.

people dont car what is inside the car if they have outside look and cheap running car.

I'm going to find this maka-bass and shove a 2C engine up his ass.

• Like 3

Da Fuq :o U should be killed man. Here I am trying to make a eco car into a fast car while u buggers take cool cars into shit boxes, I hope u had the balls to make your own kids with ur wife, U look like the type who would marry a divorced woman with a bunch of kids because its cheaper than making ur own, I really hope ur aqua battery would die in the middle of no where since soceity needs to be rid of Assholes like u.sheesh typical srilankan mentality(no offence, most guys are like this)

• Like 1

BMWs and other eurpoean cars are buying by peopple who have too much money or want to show off. after time they cant afford to keep or not fashinbale anymore so they sell cheap.

So why not buy them cheap and put reliable engine and use?

How many benz cars selling cheap now? toyota Allion or Premio or hybrids have more value than european cars. becasuet theya re reliavle and great 2nd hand market.

You yourself state that europian cars are being bought by people to show off and you are doing the same thing now, aren't you?

Why do you want to buy a BMW in the first place if you are going to replace it's engine?... Oh I get it, just to show that you drive an europian car isnt it?

You contradicted yourself.... CHECKMATE!

You yourself state that europian cars are being bought by people to show off and you are doing the same thing now, aren't you?

Why do you want to buy a BMW in the first place if you are going to replace it's engine?... Oh I get it, just to show that you drive an europian car isnt it?

You contradicted yourself.... CHECKMATE!

To be fair he didn't contradict himself, he did always state that BMW owners bought their cars for 'the looks' and that after a while once the car gets older its better to replace the engine with a 2C Japanese engine as European cars (especially the engines) are hard to maintain.

Aquaman may have a different point of view to the popular opinion here but he has consistently maintained the same basic premise; and is I guess entitled to his own view...

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

http://www.gossiplankanews.com/2015/07/woman-arrested-over-malambe-traffic.html

Guess we know the types now whoa re crawling out of the wood works now to grab the last few remaining good cars. ... sigh..... :(

I blame the bloody tax reduction and the permits for this mayhem.

Apparently she was been arrested and later placed in remand prison until her court date on the 28th of July for obstructing a government official from carrying out his duty and stealing Govt. property (via the nature of a policeman's helmet). If only she behaved / kept her cool and paid the fine ( which was probably less than Rs 1000.00 ) like everyone else...

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

To be fair he didn't contradict himself, he did always state that BMW owners bought their cars for 'the looks' and that after a while once the car gets older its better to replace the engine with a 2C Japanese engine as European cars (especially the engines) are hard to maintain.

Aquaman may have a different point of view to the popular opinion here but he has consistently maintained the same opinion; and is I guess entitled to his own view...

thank you for respecting my opinion.

People can get angry when they hear a truth they dont want to hear.

Many people buy older european cars simply because they are cheap to buy,

by putting in a known reliable engine, they can avoid long time problems.

I said that if I also buy I will simply remove original engine and put Japanese diesel engine. to the car I buy. 2C turbo or Mazda R2 molli engine are super for this purpose. cheap parts,

My freind just buy BMW 300- car.. he is now removing engine to put in 2c turbo. I will put pictures once job is done. Good mechanic we know is doing the work. Engine, gear box and computer box all cost only 3 lakhs.

What is the manufacturing year of that car?

Da Fuq :o U should be killed man. Here I am trying to make a eco car into a fast car while u buggers take cool cars into shit boxes, I hope u had the balls to make your own kids with ur wife, U look like the type who would marry a divorced woman with a bunch of kids because its cheaper than making ur own, I really hope ur aqua battery would die in the middle of no where since soceity needs to be rid of Assholes like u.sheesh typical srilankan mentality(no offence, most guys are like this)

I deserve death for stating my opinion? Its only a car. Will you come and kill me?

If I can afford to buy a used BMW in Sri Lanka, I can defintly afford to put in any engine I like inside for my personal use. I am not using your own money. So I dont think you have to get so angry to kill me?

thank you for respecting my opinion.

People can get angry when they hear a truth they dont want to hear.

Many people buy older european cars simply because they are cheap to buy,

by putting in a known reliable engine, they can avoid long time problems.

I said that if I also buy I will simply remove original engine and put Japanese diesel engine. to the car I buy. 2C turbo or Mazda R2 molli engine are super for this purpose. cheap parts,

Sure. You're welcome. But like most of the members when looking at second hand cars if I were presented with a Merc or Beemer that had a 2C transplant in it, I'd walk away. I'd be amused enough to drive it, just it see what it was like, but like someone mentioned I'd just go buy a Toyota Crown or Avalon if I wanted a car that had a reliable Toyota engine but still offered a bit of comfort

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

Sure. You're welcome. But I don't agree with you, for when looking at second hand cars if I were presented with a Merc or Beemer that had a 2C transplant in it, I'd walk away. I'd be amused enough to drive it, just it see what it was like, but like someone mentioned I'd just go buy a Toyota Crown, Camry or Avalon if I wanted a reliable Toyota with a bit of comfort. But again, that's just my opinion.

True, but how many common people in sri lanka will know what is inside. In sri lanka, all sports cars are lamboghinis, all Hondas are fast cars and all eurpean cars are 'luxsury' cars.

But pur mechanic is fully qalified to carry out putting in the engine. and he has already converted many benzes to run with 2c and bongo engines.

so i think, no one will know what is inside.

I deserve death for stating my opinion? Its only a car. Will you come and kill me?

If I can afford to buy a used BMW in Sri Lanka, I can defintly afford to put in any engine I like inside for my personal use. I am not using your own money. So I dont think you have to get so angry to kill me?

Dude's got a point. I mean we're cool with homosexuality, cross dressing, different religious and cultural views as well as more mundane material things like Mac's running Windows OS etc. So why on earth are we getting so worked up over a BMW or a Merc hobnobbing with some Toyota parts?

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 2

True, but how many common people in sri lanka will know what is inside. In sri lanka, all sports cars are lamboghinis, all Hondas are fast cars and all eurpean cars are 'luxsury' cars.

But pur mechanic is fully qalified to carry out putting in the engine. and he has already converted many benzes to run with 2c and bongo engines.

So effectively you're gonna cheat the next guy you sell the car to because "no-one will know what is inside"?

Anyway I get a sense that this is just a troll, and the mods should look into moderating/banning his posts. No-one who was raised by sensible parents would do something like this. Unless aquaman's parents too at one point bought a car they couldn't afford and dumped a garbage engine into it, just because they wanted to look 'posh'.

• Like 1

Maybe if you were just evaluating it cosmetically; but half the attraction of these high end cars is the effortless manner in which these engines lop along at speed, how effortlessly the torque gets delivered and how well the engine-transmission-suspension work in conjunction etc. Throwing a 2C in a Merc may save money in the long run but also may not make for a great driving experience. But that as mentioned is a personal choice, and you're entitled to it.

I have to admit though that I'm interested in how these cars run. You mentioned that a 2C engine was transplanted into a Merc by a mechanic (baas) known to you but do these cars actually run okay? How does he do it? He'd have to splice the wiring harness and by-pass all kinds of sensors just to get it to turn over. (Unless he's doing this on really old cars). And even then I'd be skeptical that it would all work as intended. I'd be afraid that the end result won't even run as good as an old Corolla...

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 2

But putting Japanese diesel engine will not change value of car, it will be making it more attractive to more more car buyers who not worry about later engine problem. Europeean cars putting out too much smoke when racing becasue of bad engine. with japanese engine you dont get that problem. many BMWS also making lots of smoke

when japanese diesel engine inside, servicing also no problem. Only troubles with suspension bush and other parts, but good lathe shop can also fix many bush (Bush gahanawa)

You can probably make it more attractive to a pol mudalali from puttalam but not to anyone who love German engineering of a BMW.

I can understand people transplanting Hyundai Matrix,Trajet etc. because these vehicles guzzle fuel, are problematic without giving you proper pleasure. If you don't have the means or time to maintain a euro just don't. I hardly think transplanted cars have a demand. unless you are lucky enough to find an absolute sucker.

and fiat fan while respecting the fact that you are a petrol head, what you are trying to do is also utter shit... spicing up a maruti just WONT work so please do not endanger others (as this is not your car if i remember correctly) safety. there are econo hatches that can be spiced up but unfortunately the maruti isn't one.

• Like 1

It's like sylvi's maka-baas spirit has returned.

Anyone know what happened to unkel?

Good Question - a couple years back Sylvi uncle would reply to this post mentioning that W.T.F Perera of Rosmead place , who was the MD of EW Damnit and sons of Vauxhall street brought the first BWM in 1934 and that transplanting engines worked fine on his maruti van.

Does anyone know how the good uncle is doing?