• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle Insuring With Dents/ Scratches

Goro

Question

I recently purchased a car and it has some dents scratches on the front bumper, another paint peel off (2x2cm area) on rear bumper and also another deep scratch on left side skirt.

1. I'm wondering if I should repair these before buying an insurance ?

Or if I keep these dents as it is and buy the insuarance, will I be able to claim for another damage on a bumper ? Will they reduce the claim amount since it already had some dents?

2. Is it possible to do touch ups without fully re-painting the bumpers?

3 answers to this question

My reply based on the experience from Ceyl*nco.

1. Yes. You can repair them and get the insurance.

If you apply the insurance first time, they will do an inspection before issue the insurance card. Then they will find those scratches and dents etc. and include them in the file. You can claim anything other than those scratches/dents.

2. That depends upon the color. If the color is dark metallic these touch ups will create stains. May be there are some solutions out there.

What I used to do was forget those little scratches. Any accident which makes a new scratch, claim from the insurance for the whole thing :D