• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mobil 15W-40 Mileage

CodeMaster

Question

Dear experts,

I owned a Honda city 2001 (mileage 091242). I was using this for last 5 years and I always use Mobil 15W-40 and oil change done in between 6 to 9 months period.

I am wondering what is the actual mileage I can run after a oil change with Mobil 15W-40?

Thank you

7 answers to this question

Dear experts,

I owned a Honda city 2001 (mileage 091242). I was using this for last 5 years and I always use Mobil 15W-40 and oil change done in between 6 to 9 months period.

I am wondering what is the actual mileage I can run after a oil change with Mobil 15W-40?

Thank you

You are probably going to get different answers but what I would do is:

1. If this oil is non-synthetic and if its Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 15W-40 I would run it for 5000km or THREE MONTHS, whatever comes first (if this is some other SYNTHETIC Mobil 15w-40 then 5000km or SIX MONTHS, which ever comes first).

2. I'm no expert, but based on your usage and service habits as mentioned I would only use a synthetic diesel oil

Edited by Kavvz

it is very simple. check the API Service Category of your engine oil, when you buy oil don't see about the Brand name see only about the API Service Category and Viscosity index.

if your engine oil API Service Category is

CJ - can run 10,000km or six months

CI - can run 5,000km or six months

CH - can run 5,000km or six months

CF- can run 3,000km or Six month

http://www.oilspecifications.org/api_eolcs.php

10W40 is the viscosity. did you check the API Service Category?

Edited by Nilantha

it is very simple. check the API Service Category of your engine oil, when you buy oil don't see about the Brand name see only about the API Service Category and Viscosity index.

if your engine oil API Service Category is

CJ - can run 10,000km or six months

CI - can run 5,000km or six months

CH - can run 5,000km or six months

CF- can run 3,000km or Six month

http://www.oilspecifications.org/api_eolcs.php

10W40 is the viscosity. did you check the API Service Category?

I'd be interested to see where you got those figures Nilantha as they don't tally with common guidelines nor with my manufacturer's guidelines. (The posted link doesn't provide the information as listed)

Edited by Kavvz

but other thing is if you use normal Diesel it is better use CF grade oil and change every 3000km Because CF Grade designed to use with high sulfur fuel

or CH4 can use with normal Diesel and can change 5000km

Edited by Nilantha