• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How Good Is Micro Geely Mx7

sharkteeth

How good is a micro geely MX7. I know what most people will say, rather go for a jap car but this is solely for tourism. I am planing on buying one for tourism because it's price and the model will be newer with a newer number plate. (Travel and tourism companies are real shit heads, they want new numbers, new cars) otherwise i'd definitely go for a jap car.

How good is this for the purpose?

• Like 1

I've seen MX7s used for tourism and taxis possibly because of the new-car rule the companies have. In my opinion that is the only purpose for a car like MX7: buy it new at a lower price , get the full use out of it get rid of it.

However I will share an incident a tour guide i know had on an MX7 - according to him the MX7 ran out of fuel during a trip when the fuel indicator was showing there was fuel. :) Maybe a one off incident but just so that you know.

one of my colleagues has one. Every time I get in that car, some interior part is broken. Interior plastics are so brittle and now he's running without the front left door cards, not to mention so many other plastic components broken off.

Apart from that it's fine if you don't mind it's being manual. Mechanically it's a Corolla 121 I heard, so spares would be freely available.

• 4 weeks later...

A friend of mine have one and I drove it sometime back. very comfortable, it doses up to 16kmpl in highway according to him. But does only 9-10 in city. With his experience Micro services is very bad and they don't even properly wash and vacuum in the service. Since it is brand new and having almost every feature in a latest car and with the price I would recommend to go for it.

One of my friends has it and i have traveled in it many times,its very comfortable and a good car another known person also bought a brand new car but in that car the doors wont close unless you bang it (rear door) and also one door the paint was not done properly as the lacquer was peeling (could be a damaged door that was repaired and passed off...)

• 4 years later...