• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Leaf No Sd Card

RRokz

Hi guys,

I reacnetly bought Nissan Leaf recon one and i have issue in Setup issue is <No SD card>. I know SD card is Identical for My car. But any how i wanna carete SD card. can any one know any contacts?? or any way..??

Hi guys,

I reacnetly bought Nissan Leaf recon one and i have issue in Setup issue is <No SD card>. I know SD card is Identical for My car. But any how i wanna carete SD card. can any one know any contacts?? or any way..??

I'm sorry to hear that friend. My guess is ur SD card must have been stolen at the port.

Many have suffered from the same issue.

Listen to this clip.

https://youtu.be/zGsdOWDD8cE

I don't think u can create the SD card for ur car's setup. U might be able to find one in the port black market though.

Edited by JFLanka

Hi guys,

there s a bugger called " Keerthi" who collects all those stolen cards and sell .............. you can buy a card from him ( probably your own card), he does lot of advertising in ikm*n.lk.

Edited by priyanka
  • Like 2

I just checked on ######, they are sold for like 6-8k

That's a lot of money for a memory card

yeah Magnum.. but it costs a whole lot more than that to import a matching one..

I assume the software for the set up is stored on the memory card...I know there are Japanese set ups(Especially older ones) which come with a CD and you have to install that CD on the set up every ime you remove the vehicles battery. The set ups with hard disk have their software stored on the hard disk permanently( I have one of these in my Hiace) and in these ones even if the battery cable is taken off the software will not get deleted.

Hey... Thanks for replying.. contact him and he also haven't any solution. by the way can any one upload content of SD card(file(s) or image file)?? I'm going to do kind of Exp.. :sport-smiley-003:

Edited by RRokz

• 2 months later...
Hi guys,

Hi,

Guys the Nissan Leaf SDCARD issue is sadly a dead end so far. The SDCARD is developed with tight security and every SDCARD is paired with a specific head unit. You cant switch SDCARDS. These people would have taken the cards out thinking they will be able to sell it in the black market. Good luck with that for them. If your lucky one of those stolen cards should work for you since it has to be one of those stolen cards. If your lucky you will find the correct card. Keep inserting one by one and if you find the right card it will work.

The last three characters of the SDCARD part number is 25920-3NKOA example only. The last three letters say which Year and month rather the batch of the SDCARD. So if you know what Year and Batch your head unit belongs to it will be easy to for you to locate the card from any of this black market sellers.

You cant copy the content of the SDCARD with standard tools since its protected by DRM (Digital rights management) of the Secure Digital Card (SD CARD) even if you copy the content of the card it will still not support a different navigation other than the specific player it was programmed to work with.

The Navigation is specific for the Japanese market if it was imported from Japan as a used car. I am afraid JDM models don't have a language change option on the head unit. The NA - North America, EUR for EURO ad JDM for Japanese are three different version of the same Navigation which is installed for leafs around the world. JDM models have the highest options such as ETC and radar and DTV which are not used in other regions. So they specifically have only Japanese for these head units for JDM cars. There were few models that were JP/EU both compatible but so far I have not seen any of them coming to Sri Lanka.

I don't have a Leaf yet hoping to get one and will be able to experiment further on this in the coming months.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The deal was most of the SDcards were stolen during transport or demonstration of the vehicles, The right move would be to insist for the SD card or else not purchase the car,

Or else you'll have to swap the Head unit with a unit that has the card.

• 4 months later...

It was the case with my car as well.

Thankfully the dealer who sold the vehicle got a new card and it is fine now.

I was told that they had to send the unit to Japan and get a new card programmed it took more than a month.

If you buy the basic car you can swap the head unit, however the higher versions have even the climate control functions display through the set.

If SD not there DO NOT BUY

• 4 months later...
The deal was most of the SDcards were stolen during transport or demonstration of the vehicles, The right move would be to insist for the SD card or else not purchase the car,

Or else you'll have to swap the Head unit with a unit that has the

did u manage to find any other alternatives for this issue? because i need a SD card for my leaf. need your support