• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Axio Vs Premio 240

chathuu

Question

17 answers to this question

Axio - pros

Comparatively new

Better fuel economy than premio 240

Good resale market comparing with premio 240

Cons

Less leg space than premio

Premio is better in handling than axio

more bells and whistles in premio comparing with axio

Edited by sathyajithj99

Im also looking at buying an Axio 2007/2008 and I was told that they have an issue with the dashboard getting sticky and cracking. Is this true? Can it be fixed? Are there any other issues that should be considered.

Im also looking at buying an Axio 2007/2008 and I was told that they have an issue with the dashboard getting sticky and cracking. Is this true? Can it be fixed? Are there any other issues that should be considered.

a particular fleet had most of their 2007 axios develop gearbox issues around the 100,000 km mark. So if i were you I'd pay a lot of attention to the maintenance particularly CVT oil changes etc.

The dashboard cracking issue is also somewhat true but not as severe as in N16/ Cefiro.

[source: regular axio passenger due to company transport]

a particular fleet had most of their 2007 axios develop gearbox issues around the 100,000 km mark. So if i were you I'd pay a lot of attention to the maintenance particularly CVT oil changes etc.

The dashboard cracking issue is also somewhat true but not as severe as in N16/ Cefiro.

[source: regular axio passenger due to company transport]

in N16 it's just a crack near center. but in Axio, entire dash gets look like on moon.

in N16 it's just a crack near center. but in Axio, entire dash gets look like on moon.

Yeah and i have seen N16s and cefiros that have the center crack so deep that it looks as if the dash has been cut in half in the axio it is small holes appearing on the dash....

yes dashboard craking issue is a horrific issue in axio. I was looking for an axio few weeks ago and a axio owned Doctor told me that he spent about 35,000/- to fix the dash crack. he mentioed that the palce is arount Mt Lavinia and its looking a brand new after the fixing and no one can find it was cracked before.

Also few people told me that the dash board issue is no longer on Axios after late 2008.

So in my opinion buyers are strictly alerted on dash board becauce the dash can fix with original condition with SRS Airbag logos.

Most of the New Toyotas with CVT boxes started acting up when they hit 100K Mark. 240 in that case came with 4Speed Conventional auto, no issue with that. it can take lot of abuse i would say.

Also few people told me that the dash board issue is no longer on Axios after late 2008.

Yes they have fixed this isuue on 2008 models.

Most of the New Toyotas with CVT boxes started acting up when they hit 100K Mark.

May I know what kind of issues?