• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suggest Me A Good Two Door/saloon Car As My First Car :)

dulankalhara

Question

Hi guys, i have some collected money and need to buy a car. i'm looking for a best looking car (as a teenager B) ) also need it to be automatic transmissions(manuals are ok), english number(2000 or higher) and i thought about Hyundai tuscani. my parents are suggesting me to buy a maruti alto coz it's brandnew :3 but i have no idea about alto things. i did some search on internet and found that alto have a good fuel usage than tuscani. summarize is, parents want me to buy alto, but i like to go with two door car like tuscani. hope you guys can help me with this.

Thank you

Are you really really absolutely positively sure you need a 2-door car?

The reason why I ask this is imagine that rare situation when your parents or family need to go to a wedding? Or a situation where you need to take an elderly relative to hospital...

Unless you/your parents have other vehicles and you just use it for you and your girlfriend/boyfriend (now that Sri Lankans are elated about gay marriage being legalized in US), a two door car should be ok.

• Like 2

i forgot to say, i need two door car but it need to be 4 seats.

just use it for you and your girlfriend/boyfriend (now that Sri Lankans are elated about gay marriage being legalized in US), a two door car should be ok.

lol that's :D

just girlfriend without slash mark :3

Edited by dulankalhara

How about something like a Levin?

It's a Toyota which shares Corolla running gear

There was a decent blue one with an automatic gearbox on a GY plate, 2000 Y.O.M which should meet your requirements

yeah i've seen it. have some interest now. it's also 4 seats right?

i forgot to say, i need two door car but it need to be 4 seats.

lol that's :D

just girlfriend without slash mark :3

Almost all 2 doors cars in Sri Lanka have 4 seats. The question is not the seat count but its almost impossible for old people or dressed up people to get to the rear seats.

• Like 1

Almost all 2 doors cars in Sri Lanka have 4 seats. The question is not the seat count but its almost impossible for old people or dressed up people to get to the rear seats.

yeah it's a some kind of difficulty thing. i didn't thought about this. if i use it as my personal car, what is your suggestion? alto or tuscani or any other saloon car which i can get for 1.5M ? . i have average knowledge of this things and you guys comments are helping me a lot :)

If this is your first car and you want something sporty and coupeish and reliable and you are bound to crash it at some point (inevitable) Try to get your hands and a EK9 like Hoonigan said or maybe a good all Toyota Cynos

Have you ruled out Civics? Maybe someone with more wisdom can shed some light on an EK9 or something? (Whether they come up for sale or whether they fit OPs budget)

EK9 is fit to my options. but the problem is i'm not a fan of hatchback cars. but i will take a look at this car. thank you!

If this is your first car and you want something sporty and coupeish and reliable and you are bound to crash it at some point (inevitable) Try to get your hands and a EK9 like Hoonigan said or maybe a good all Toyota Cynos

yes. i' thought about tuscani or cynos.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume your parents have a daily runner.

There is more to owning a car than just putting down the initial money.

So, the Tuscani - Questions for you to answer. Fuel, financed by you or parents? Insurance/registration/green test - financed by who?. Service and consumables (tires, brake pads that kinda thing) - Financed?

How good a driver are you? If you are likely to scrape or ding the car, body parts for cars like the Tuscani are not too common. Specially compared to an Alto.

If you are still ok on the two doors, then go for it. There are also cars like the Autozam (Mazda AZ-3), Toyota Sera that might fit your bill, tho I don't know the going prices on those these days.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume your parents have a daily runner.

There is more to owning a car than just putting down the initial money.

So, the Tuscani - Questions for you to answer. Fuel, financed by you or parents? Insurance/registration/green test - financed by who?. Service and consumables (tires, brake pads that kinda thing) - Financed?

How good a driver are you? If you are likely to scrape or ding the car, body parts for cars like the Tuscani are not too common. Specially compared to an Alto.

If you are still ok on the two doors, then go for it. There are also cars like the Autozam (Mazda AZ-3), Toyota Sera that might fit your bill, tho I don't know the going prices on those these days.

Fuel, Insurance,Services and all things are from me so parents have no worry about that. my choice is a tuscani and they also like it. the only reason to worry about it's fuel usage. when i said to my parents, 'i can handle it' and they said, 'Okay your choice' -_-

i'm a some kind of driver in pc games. not a better driver in real life :3 but i can be better.

and yes. i'm still like to buy two doors. after my answers, what is your suggestion? am i qualified to go with tuscani?

Thank you.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Clark's son" data-cid="279449" data-time="1436021054"><p>

If you want to drive like in computer games buy a PlayStation4 and use the bus.<br />

This is for the other road users safety</p></blockquote>

Lol what I did was get the bus in GTA and drove it on hilly roads.

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Clark's son" data-cid="279449" data-time="1436021054"><p>

If you want to drive like in computer games buy a PlayStation4 and use the bus.<br />

This is for the other road users safety</p></blockquote>

Lol what I did was get the bus in GTA and drove it on hilly roads.

how about jumping off mount chiliad with a car in GTA V :D