• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bmw Remote Key

mriyazh

Hi guys. My bmw remote key housing has got broken. And I have only one key right Nw.

I want to get the key made and to get an extra key.

Can u guys tell me where can I get a new key programmed, I know agent will do it but hw much, have anybody got through them.. are there any other fellows doing key programming.. please advice

I will do it for you for 25000 rupees. The agent will charge 50000.

Seriously man, since you are posting here in Autolanka, I assume you know how to use the Internet.

Step 1:

Go to eBay and get a blank remote key (with the transponder), such as this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-BLANK-KEY-REMOTE-FOB-E46-E39-X5-X3-M3-M5-Z3-Z4-VIRGIN-TRANSPONDER-CODED-FREE-/301613662060?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4639933f6c

Step 2:

Go to Darley Road (near Hunters) and get the key cut. They charge 1000 rupees for that.

Step 3:

Then watch this Youtube video for instructions on how to program your key:

With people like you around, no wonder there are folks who get rich quick.

• Like 1

Hi,

Unfortunately you're missing the main step. The video will program your car only for the lock / unlock functions - but won't start the car. You will need to get your virgin tranponder key cloned to your original key - there are several places advertising the service in the sunday papers where they need to first read the rolling code base key off your original key and then program the new key. The chip in it can only be programmed once.so good luck - may be better to ask them how much it is to supply the key as well.

Cheers,

Hi. Madmaxx wt u say is true, I don't think it's that easy to make a clone key. Even the videos on YouTube show's how to programme the key but they can't start the vehicle. I have seen even p*tc* Lanka advertised doing these in Hitad. Has anybody got a key done from them.

Yeah, process for cloning the key is a little more complicated than just activating the remote... :)

This video is one example....

The guys advertising probably have some sort of device like the one in the video, but better to check before trying them out.

• 1 year later...