• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Car - Can I Buy Unregistered Japanese Car Under Rs 3 M.

Sanjaya88

Question

20 answers to this question

As far as I know the only unregistered Japanese vehicles falling into the price bracket, which are not hybrids are Kei vans, I noticed a few Suzuki Every Join vans advertised for around 2.5m on the autolanka classifieds.

The Perouds Axia is also about to hit the market and that has a lot of Japanese components, but built in Malaysia.

Call up A*W and see if the Japanese Suzuki Alto is available for sale for that price bracket.

I saw a couple of toyota aquas (2012) for around a little over 3 million, however they are hybrids and they don't seem to depreciate, as long as u buy it around this price. I think the stingray which is a kei car is around 2.7.

Unfortunately, finding a non hybrid that is unregistered at this price point that is of Japanese origin seems to be impossible and i can't seem to think of any vehicle that would fit your budget.

My recommendation would be to try and search for a registered car, if your budget is not flexible. As pointed out by other members in this forum on older threads, a used car must be chosen with careful consideration and caution.

I hope i was of some help to you,

Cheers,

Page

• Like 1

Hi Friends,

I want to buy a car and I don't like Indian cars. I like to buy unregistered Japanese car. But my maximum budget is 3 million rupees. I don't want to buy a hybrid vehicle. Could you please give me some advice.

vitz 2012 ( you might have to import yourself)

passo 2012

alto 2012-2014

mira 2012 - 2014

Thank you very much. Great support. Now I got the idea.

I saw a couple of toyota aquas (2012) for around a little over 3 million, however they are hybrids and they don't seem to depreciate, as long as u buy it around this price. I think the stingray which is a kei car is around 2.7.

Unfortunately, finding a non hybrid that is unregistered at this price point that is of Japanese origin seems to be impossible and i can't seem to think of any vehicle that would fit your budget.

My recommendation would be to try and search for a registered car, if your budget is not flexible. As pointed out by other members in this forum on older threads, a used car must be chosen with careful consideration and caution.

I hope i was of some help to you,

Cheers,

Page

Thank you. Yes, buying a registered car is a good idea too. Page could you please give me some idea of registered cars which are best on fuel.

There are 2 vehicles falling into your range. (Japanese, under 3Mn)

1. Suzuki Alto - Hybrid - Aprrox 2.2 - 2.3 Mn

2. Suzuki Wagon R - Hybrid - Approx 2.7 - 2.8Mn

Both are superb on Fuel

Thank you, but size is thee matter.

You dont want Indian cars and you dont like hybrids. And your budget is 3mil... How about a chinese car then? hehe

ON a serious note, please search the forum.. There's a lot of "what car should I buy" threads.

Thank you. I don't like Chinese cars too.

As far as I know the only unregistered Japanese vehicles falling into the price bracket, which are not hybrids are Kei vans, I noticed a few Suzuki Every Join vans advertised for around 2.5m on the autolanka classifieds.

The Perouds Axia is also about to hit the market and that has a lot of Japanese components, but built in Malaysia.

Call up A*W and see if the Japanese Suzuki Alto is available for sale for that price bracket.

Thank youu. I will check Perouds Axia.

passo 2012

alto 2012-2014

mira 2012 - 2014

Thank you. I will check vitz.

>>Sage

>1. Suzuki Alto - Hybrid

Does the alto come in hybrid form ? Alto only has ene-charge and I thought to qualify as a Hybrid for SL Customs it needed to have S-ene-charge. Because if just ene-charge is considered as a full Hybrid then the JDM Swift should qualify as one.

>>Sage

>1. Suzuki Alto - Hybrid

Does the alto come in hybrid form ? Alto only has ene-charge and I thought to qualify as a Hybrid for SL Customs it needed to have S-ene-charge. Because if just ene-charge is considered as a full Hybrid then the JDM Swift should qualify as one.

passo 2012

alto 2012-2014

mira 2012 - 2014

not sure if you can get a 2012 vitz for under 3 mill.

I think you are referring to the mira e;s which is a normal petrol car with some idle stop mechanism that is supposed to do well in fuel. AFAIK the local daihatsu agent has brought down a batch of them recently.

• Like 1

I think you are referring to the mira e;s which is a normal petrol car with some idle stop mechanism that is supposed to do well in fuel. AFAIK the local daihatsu agent has brought down a batch of them recently.

Thank you. I will check.

Vitz KSP130, 2012

should cost nearly 29-30

• Like 1

Well a 2012 car cannot be unregistered can it. Also I'll be weary of buying cars which has stood stagnant at car sales for a while.

according to the new regulations you can import cars up to 3 years of age

that s why lots of 2012 unreg aquas are for sale nowadays ....

• Like 2

I found an ad on ###### for a two toyota vitz 2013, with a price of 3.1 negotiable, so you should be able to pick it up for around 3. The cars were blue and pink. I think the ad was from Colombo 7. If are considering this, look up the ad on ######. Please insist on an agent inspection which will only cost you 7k which is totally worth it in opinion. A toyota will have a good resale value in sri lanka if you buy it at the correct price and the older vitz models have held up extremely well over the past 5 years.

Just sharing some food for thought. Please understand that this is based on my opinion and understanding on the whole car industry.

Page

Cheers

• Like 1

I found an ad on ###### for a two toyota vitz 2013, with a price of 3.1 negotiable, so you should be able to pick it up for around 3. The cars were blue and pink. I think the ad was from Colombo 7. If are considering this, look up the ad on ######. Please insist on an agent inspection which will only cost you 7k which is totally worth it in opinion. A toyota will have a good resale value in sri lanka if you buy it at the correct price and the older vitz models have held up extremely well over the past 5 years.

Just sharing some food for thought. Please understand that this is based on my opinion and understanding on the whole car industry.

Page

Cheers

Thank you very much.

according to the new regulations you can import cars up to 3 years of age

that s why lots of 2012 unreg aquas are for sale nowadays ....

When did this regulation come by? I must have missed the news. I thought the limit was 2 years.