• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

When Selecting A Place To Fit Accessories To Your Vehicle

Dr.Dre

Hi Guys,

It's always better to share your experiences with these sort of incidents. Lately i purchased a prius and went to 'Chamara Stickers' down baseline road somewhere near to polhengoda. I went to do the carpeting and they were so nice to me of showing the welcome lights for a prius which actually look great once it was fixed. (moment that i put the Donkey face in)

carpeting was done at the cost of Rs.9000/- and for the set of 04 welcome lights they charged Rs.7500/-

I was happy with the fittings for the first one and a half weeks, until i saw the lights on the driving side panel was not functioning. i went to the them on the following week n showed them its not functioning, finding the both lights on rear also not functioning by that time. ( 'prius' letters had also turned yellowish color by that time). The guy who been so nice at the time of fixing was there and i talked to him about the matter. He said to wait till he talk with his manager, so i was waiting.

After sometime the so called manager turned up, had a look and was telling me 'mekata wathura gihillane' (water had gone in). No body was telling me its not water proof or to protect it from water at the time of fixing, which i wouldn't have fixed it if i knew it at the first place. (Anyways how on earth one could expect to protect such thing from water when you have fixed it at such place?)

There's nothing to argue on this with these creepy dealers. As customers we should be more vigilant when we deal with such places. The 03 lights been taken by them saying for repairs it might take 04/05 days. and i ll be getting it back without a warranty. (They said it comes with one year warranty). I might feel a trip in every two weeks for the repairs!

Anyways just needed to update you guys before getting your selves in to any trouble. If anyone wants to check my statement please write to me on <script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script> I have the receipt they issued me for the job which I'm willing to share.

I set up a sound system and remote key from the same place one month ago. Things work fine so far (finger crossed). I asked them about the warranty, but the answer was these are Chinese stuffs, so no warranty. I think fixing stuffs from a place like this is "at your own risk"

Firstly, this issue isnt worth opening a thread to cry about. There's a thread for this.

Secondly, novelty items (probably from some non-reputed manufacturer) such as these probably dont go through the same quality checks or standards so you should prepare yourself.

Frankly I find it hilarious that you spent 7500 on junk for a Prius, a car you bought cos you can SAVE money on fuel! Think of it as a the money you could have spent taking your family on a day trip down south (food and petrol included). At least you got to brag about your welcome lights for 10 whole days.

penny wise, pound foolish indeed.

• Like 9

You know this old saying - Money can't buy class.

What's even funnier is the Chamara stickers guy used to paste stickers and fix 'buffels' for Leyland buses and Bajaj tuktuks in Kadawatha area. Seems he has found a much wealthier crowd who own Prii and Vesis, but with the same taste and class :)

• Like 3