• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Clarification Of The Results After Engine Tune Up

andunslg

Question

I have a Toyota Vitz(2008, SCP90) model car. When I bought the vehicle it was in perfect tune up. I am telling because small water drops came out from the exhaust pipe.

After running about 20000 Kms I felt that fuel efficiency is low. Thus I did an engine tune up. Injectors, plugs and air system was cleaned. Injectors were given an ultra sonic treatment.

But still I feel the fuel efficiency is bit low. No water dropps. Can you help me to understand the situation.

I have observed these stats,

25Km per liter efficiency when running at 90-100 Kms per hour in the highway without AC.

18Km per liter efficiency when running at 90-100 Kms per hour in the highway with AC to the medium level.

10Km per liter efficiency when running in Colombo High Traffic with AC to the medium level.

6 answers to this question

Dear Friend,

How you measure the above values. Because Toyota Vitz 2008 hadn't fuel meter. If you measure it using full tank to full tank, this values are impossible.

25Km per liter efficiency when running at 90-100 Kms per hour in the highway without AC. - Impossible. if you tell 18-20 then its acceptable. But more your speed, lesser the fuel efficiency due to increasing air drag. "Closed windows with AC" is efficient than "open windows without AC".

18Km per liter efficiency when running at 90-100 Kms per hour in the highway with AC to the medium level. - 17-18 is acceptable, Vitz 1000 cc is doing 16 km/L max at the speed of 100-110 in highway.

10Km per liter efficiency when running in Colombo High Traffic with AC to the medium level. - 9.5 to 10 is more than enough. Don't worry about this.

Please read following topic which I posted yesterday, Then you will realize about the actual fuel consumption of a car if correctly measured.

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/16989-toyota-aqua-fuel-consumption-vs-toyota-vitz/#entry278820

Hope this will help to you. Don't do unnecessary engine tuneups, I have done 72,000 km without any tuneup (2007 1000 cc vitz) and mileage when I sold is 110,000 (no tune up for total 110,000) but nothing happened. Engine was in excellent condition when I sell the car to purchase brand new one. Don't wast your money. If you read Toyota original manual, it says nothing about engine tune up. Lot of service stations take money from you telling lots of garbage. Please fill the fuel from reputed filling stations.

Hi Gayantha,

Thanks for your info. My one is a 1300cc. I did the calculation full tank to full tank. I tired several times to do this. Maybe the max value is incorrect. Anyway I get 22 + everytime for the first case!

Yes agreed. 1300 cc is doing more in highway than 1000 cc due to power to weight ratio. But in my experience, I have observed max 18+ at normal way to Matara before opening highway at night time with speed around 70 km/h (with AC). So don't worry about your car, Its doing well.

Edited by gayanath

Hi friends

I presently use a 2007 Vitz 1000cc, mileage is 68,000km, did a tune up at toyota lanka since the vehicle was vibrating heavily, problem was sorted out vehicle is running smooth now.

Highway run i used to get about 16 km/l, in the city traffic it gives me about 9 km/l.

Personally i feel these figures are ok.

Some guys quote unbelievable fuel figures that are really hard to believe

• Like 1