• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Aqua Fuel Consumption Vs Toyota Vitz

gayanath

I have imported 0 millage Toyota Aqua (date of 2014/11) last January and 5400 km ODO as of today. I have all written records up to now.

My usage pattern

-1 km distance from my accommodation to office (which consumes more fuel due to short distance twice a day)

- I'm going Matara (my home) using Southern express way once a month.

- Others are general Colombo city and outside usage

Fuel Record km/L (Full Tank to Full Tank)

-Recorded minimum = 15.6 (Car reading 16.1)

-Recorded Maximum = 25.84 (Car Reading 27.7)

-Average up to now = 18.56

Generally I observed 0.6 to 1.9 less between actual to car reading may be due to issues in fuel pumps.

Comparison between Toyota Vitz 2007 1000cc

I have used Toyota Vitz 2007 1000cc from 2010 Sep to 2014 Dec as first owner and used 72000 km that period. Every things were recorded.

My usage pattern

-12 km distance from my accommodation to office at that time. (Colombo city but I report to duty 7:00 am so no much traffic)

-Recorded minimum = 9.13 (No car meter)

-Recorded Maximum = 18.91

-Average for 72000 = 12.00

Conclusion

- 54% increase observed in Aqua comparing with Toyota Vitz 1000 CC

- By studying the fuel pattern I guess, the Aqua average will increase up to 22 km/L if I drive at least 30 km per day (15 up & down) for my office travelling.

I think no one having this much of comprehensive record. so I posted this for your reference.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I have imported 0 millage Toyota Aqua (date of 2014/11) last January and 5400 km ODO as of today. I have all written records up to now.

My usage pattern

-1 km distance from my accommodation to office (which consumes more fuel due to short distance twice a day)

Generally I observed 0.6 to 1.9 less between actual to car reading may be due to issues in fuel pumps.

I have used Toyota Vitz 2007 1000cc from 2010 Sep to 2014 Dec as first owner and used 72000 km that period. Every things were recorded.

My usage pattern

-12 km distance from my accommodation to office at that time. (Colombo city but I report to duty 7:00 am so no much traffic)

Conclusion

- By studying the fuel pattern I guess, the Aqua average will increase up to 22 km/L if I drive at least 30 km per day (15 up & down) for my office travelling.

I think no one having this much of comprehensive record. so I posted this for your reference.

Hybrid is not a solution for a person like you who travels 2 km daily. It's absurd. Take care of your battery. It will be ruined in no time.

Any way good informative post for another person who is planning to buy a hybrid over a normal car.

• Like 1

My usage pattern

My usage pattern

Conclusion

Thanks for sharing this for future reference for a person who is interested.

I too have questions over suitability of a hybrid for a person with your driving pattern. But on the flip side, you have driven 72,000kms in 4 years. That must have been your consideration.

About all the fuel figures. Have your used paper+pen/excel method for this? If yes, may I suggest you a mobile app. It will allow you to keep track of fuel, maintenance, insurance, etc. You will get a nice idea about total cost of owning the car which I believe is what you actually want to know.

Edited by Sameera Gunasinghe

Dear all,

Thank you for the reply.

Dear Sierra Charlie,

Yes you are correct. But I have considered two things

1. I like to use new cars due to low maintenance as I have no much time to spend for the same. So aqua is the best solution with lowest price, quality (that's why not going to Indian product - I have used B/new alto and its very economical but ....), durability, etc. Expect low price batteries will come to market withing next five years.

2. Although 2km to my office travelling, I an using it for my entire transportation requirement which is around 12000 per year. but Yes, if we calculate RR, still this is not worth considering depreciation of hybrid cars.

Dear Sameera Gunasinghe

Yes you are also correct.

I have used paper+pen and then excel method for my recordings/calculations.

One more information,

As I sold my Vitz, I put that figure too to the calculation and finalized the cost of owning and using a car for day to day works.

Buying that level car for use is much better than hiring a car from rent-a-car for day to day works.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Retrieving my old post......

This is the latest situation with exact figures. Fuel consumption figure is almost same as at 5,400 ODO (18.56 km/l) and 59,000 ODO (18.19 km/l).

* Driving pattern - Always at Eco mode but No caring of fuel. 

* Service and Maintenance cost includes new tire set valued Rs.60,000  

2018.07.26 - Cost Summery.JPG

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, gayanath said:

This is the latest situation with exact figures. Fuel consumption figure is almost same as at 5,400 ODO (18.56 km/l) and 59,000 ODO (18.19 km/l).

Man... you must be truly jobless!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gayanath said:

Seriously you have recorded all these!!!

• Sad 1

On 8/15/2018 at 1:28 PM, Crosswind said:

Man... you must be truly jobless!

On 8/15/2018 at 3:23 PM, thou1584 said:

Seriously you have recorded all these!!!

Just a hobby...... and sound in stats rather than statements...? 

Record book always available in the glove-box so writing insitu and just enter to excel sheet every few months. Not a  big task...

1 hour ago, gayanath said:

Record book always available in the glove-box so writing insitu and just enter to excel sheet every few months. Not a  big task...

Out of curiosity...

DO you have a record book by the bedside too... to record the number of strokes, duration, decibel level etc. 

3 hours ago, gayanath said:

You can use an mobile phone App for this purpose. There are lot of free apps available in Android and few free apps available in iOS.

You only need to enter odometer value and liters of petrol pumped. In addition you can track the service records from these apps and add service reminders too (time base and odometer based). 

The records can be exported to Excel and make PDF records for Service. These reports come in handy when you sell the vehicle 

• 2 weeks later...

LOL... Not to blabber about the car . I too own a Aqua 10,000 bought and now 120,000KMs . Never recorded these figures . But still gives me City  and Outstation around 22-23KmL.. Never drive on Eco mode . Still every parts is in good condition not even brake pads are warned out . Doing service at 8000Km by imported agent still . battery pack is still 100% .  Unless you are running minimum 35-40Km's per day its a waste of money and battery pack will be also wasted soon ( There are few friend of mine bought same time and had issues after 3-4 years of less usage) . Cons are ride quality is not good. Stiff suspensions it will take minimum 2-3Kms driving to get to the proper fuel usage. Have to put bit of extra effort to maintain ,  back seat is not comfortable .

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, tilvin said:

There was an old proverb like story. One particular hair cutting expert does not have work on a day. So he caught a cat which was passing by and started to shave that....? Seems our friends also don't have....?

This is crappy!

It's not easy to consistently recording the fuel readings. I appreciate the OP @gayanath. He shared his experience.