• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Passo Car Stereo Problem

aruntantan

Hi Guys,

I am hoping to buy a car stereo for my toyota passo 2004 model car. and I have some doubts which need your help to resolve.. :)

1. I am going to buy a double din stereo, So will it fit for this model?

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/DVD-Receivers/AVH-270BT

2. Do I need to buy dashboard cover also. like this one.?..

Free-Shipping-Car-Radio-Fascia-Panel-for

Currently I am in US and these people don't know what a Toyota Passo is. :(

Thanks in advance..

I did the same for my wife's YOM2007 Toyota Passo about 1 1/2 years ago and yes I also had to replace dashborad central console cover unit as in your picture.

I cannot recollect the price of it but it sure wasn't cheap.

Yours being a 2004, I strongly assume that you also would need to change from your present one to this after market one.

Appearantly the older versions of the Passo (2004-2007) came with a dashboard center console which couldn't accomodate single / double din conversions, though they seem like they can.

Go ahead with this if you are going to stick with the car for sometime cos such cost is not recoverable when selling.

The Passo was sold as Daihatsu Boon / Sirion in different regions around the world.

Edited by SanjeevMahen

Hi Guys,

I am hoping to buy a car stereo for my toyota passo 2004 model car. and I have some doubts which need your help to resolve.. :)

1. I am going to buy a double din stereo, So will it fit for this model?

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/DVD-Receivers/AVH-270BT

2. Do I need to buy dashboard cover also. like this one.?..

Free-Shipping-Car-Radio-Fascia-Panel-for

Currently I am in US and these people don't know what a Toyota Passo is. :(

Thanks in advance..

1. Did you check with Petc@ or Adv@nce C@r Audi@ to see if they have the dashboard cover for 2004 Passo.

2. Did you check whether you need a by-pass unit for that car stereo to watch DVD or any video? As per my experience (With a different Pioneer NEX model) i have to put the car in Park position and apply parking brakes (Hand brake) to watch any video.. :speechless-smiley-004:

1. Did you check with Petc@ or Adv@nce C@r Audi@ to see if they have the dashboard cover for 2004 Passo.

2. Did you check whether you need a by-pass unit for that car stereo to watch DVD or any video? As per my experience (With a different Pioneer NEX model) i have to put the car in Park position and apply parking brakes (Hand brake) to watch any video.. :speechless-smiley-004:

Yes I had this problem in my Hiace, its there in some Japanese set ups. Then this guy did something (i think he removed some wire) and the video worked when in D but it would go aff again when the van reaches 20km/h so the guy again did something and now it works the whole time

I did the same for my wife's YOM2007 Toyota Passo about 1 1/2 years ago and yes I also had to replace dashborad central console cover unit as in your picture.

I cannot recollect the price of it but it sure wasn't cheap.

Yours being a 2004, I strongly assume that you also would need to change from your present one to this after market one.

Appearantly the older versions of the Passo (2004-2007) came with a dashboard center console which couldn't accomodate single / double din conversions, though they seem like they can.

Go ahead with this if you are going to stick with the car for sometime cos such cost is not recoverable when selling.

The Passo was sold as Daihatsu Boon / Sirion in different regions around the world.

Ohh, Can't you remember the price?.. :(

Is this how your present set up looks like?

0903499A30140901W00408.jpg

Nope, it look like this model. Do I have to repalce the dashborad central console cover, for this model also?.. :speechless-smiley-019: :speechless-smiley-019: :speechless-smiley-019:

164584-5.jpg

Ohh, Can't you remember the price?.. :(

Nope, it look like this model. Do I have to repalce the dashborad central console cover, for this model also?.. :speechless-smiley-019: :speechless-smiley-019: :speechless-smiley-019:

164584-5.jpg

no you dont have to

toyota 2din size is little bit different (wider - 200mm) than the conventional 2din size

so buy a player maching with the size

kenwood has introduced a series "for toyota" Eg:http://www.kenwood.com/india/car/visual_navigation/ddx630wbt/

other brands too have introduced players specifically for toyota

cheapest would be unbranded Chinese one

even a usual 2din player like what you are interested (pioneer) can be fixed but you will have to use additional plastic covers (clips) to cover the extra space

if you are buying in sri lanka tell the shop man that you are looking a one for a toyota - he ll give you the correct one ( I assume)

Edited by priyanka

no you dont have to

toyota 2din size is little bit different (wider - 200mm) than the conventional 2din size

so buy a player maching with the size

kenwood has introduced a series "for toyota" Eg:http://www.kenwood.com/india/car/visual_navigation/ddx630wbt/

other brands too have introduced players specifically for toyota

cheapest would be unbranded Chinese one

even a usual 2din player like what you are interested (pioneer) can be fixed but you will have to use additional plastic covers (clips) to cover the extra space

if you are buying in sri lanka tell the shop man that you are looking a one for a toyota - he ll give you the correct one ( I assume)

Thanks for the details Priyanka. I guess, it will not be ugly :) , if we use plastic covers to cover up the extra space.

• 3 weeks later...