• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Request Information On A Good Mechanic/ Workshop And Discussion

cmxjn

Hi All,

There's lot of rust underneath the radiator in my Lancer CS3. Few weeks back I took the vehicle to the agents to get the timing belt replaced, and they said I should get the rust cleaned up as soon as possible, because it's somewhat in a bad state.

I'm thinking of going to the Sisira guy mentioned by The Don. Does he undertake that kind of work?

I live in Nawala and I've also heard about this Sampath guy in the Old Nawala Road mentioned by ThunderBolt. It would be pretty convenient for me to take the car there if he's a good/trusted technician. Please comment if anyone has worked with that guy.

Appreciate it!

Edited by Elrond

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone any experience with Tharaka auto A/C, down pannipitiya road from battaramulla junction pls ?

(This place is opposite potato-estate garage).

I remember reading a post on this place in AL long time back, but could not locate. A search gives me Tharaka auto windscreen in nugegoda, which is not what I am looking for.

Someone mentioned this place for car air con service. I would appreciate any comments from AL members too.

Thanks.

Anyone any experience with Tharaka auto A/C, down pannipitiya road from battaramulla junction pls ?

(This place is opposite potato-estate garage).

I remember reading a post on this place in AL long time back, but could not locate. A search gives me Tharaka auto windscreen in nugegoda, which is not what I am looking for.

Someone mentioned this place for car air con service. I would appreciate any comments from AL members too.

Thanks.

Found the post i think : http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/6737-air-condition-refill/?p=100530

Still any other comments are welcome. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a good garage/mechanic to do an engine overhaul for a L200 cab. I'm lining in Pannipitiya so if near by then it would be. And any idea about the price of an recondition engine. It's a 4dr5 engine.

Edited by Thanushka

• 1 year later...

Hey, 

I am trying to build up my old 1987, teg. I've had it for a couple of year and now I finally have the time to pay attention to it. Can anyone recommend places for the following :

- I would Like to get a power steering upgrade - who would be the right mechanic for this rare model? one guy from maharagama offered electronic and hydrolic systems for about 50 k . Personally I prefer the electronic because theres no strain on the engine but how well will an electronic steering system fit on  this car?

- Oil leak from engine (EG8) - from head and distributor- Engine needs to be tuned because it seems to be different and i haven't tuned it in a while. Sometimes when I start it in the morning it keeps dying to the slightest clutch imbalance. The acceleration also feels less. I used to tune from Dhammika in cotta road(a few years ago) and he advised that to get the the right plug as the plug was different. I have been running smoothly for about 2 yearss and I would like to maintain the engine well. Any advice would be appreciated.

- Water leak from windscreen from top . a random mechanic checked and said the body  area around the wind screen is corroding. 

- Also there's a slight fuel leak from the fuel tank and the local mechanic plugged a piece of a soap bar(eye brows raised) but it worked. I would like to get it properly repaired. Is there any place to buy a diy fuel repair kit like the ones I have seen on youtube.

- A good place to spice up the car interior - NOT in a ricy way. seats and upholstery mainly

And yea I am aware that I sound like a noob, but would really appreciate all advice. Best Regards.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
On 12/01/2015 at 2:31 PM, aps said:

there is a place in gohagoda road recommended by 'Susmitha' A/C spare parts importer(know as good)

when u go along the gohagoda rd from katugastota town 1- 2 Km there is a temple with boo tree in right hand side very close to road (Just passing thekka watte - where all junk of kandy town goes)

take rd next to temple right hand side and drive 1Km or less u will find big house where all cars came to repair etc parked in front.

:)

also there is place called kool tec in kandy - don't know really where it is :(

Yeah gohagoda place is nice. Its run by farther and son, not much expensive but they know the job, cool ac closer to kumarage shed is fine too, but expensive

• 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, amsandun said:

Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend a good,reliable service station around kandy/peradeniya area? 

Mine is a Toyota Vitz. Looking for a place to go for the first service on the car.

Thanks,

Sandun.

Avoid Auto Miraj and Kundasale Auto Service.

Toyota Lanka workshop opened at Kandy recently if I remember correct

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

Toyota Lanka workshop opened at Kandy recently if I remember correct

thanks so much for the info Hyaenidae. Yes I searched internet and found that they are available in kandy now. Do I have to register with Toyota Lanka to get their service? I mean, since I imported the vehicle personally, hope there wouldn't be a problem getting the service and maintenance from them.

22 minutes ago, amsandun said:

thanks so much for the info Hyaenidae. Yes I searched internet and found that they are available in kandy now. Do I have to register with Toyota Lanka to get their service? I mean, since I imported the vehicle personally, hope there wouldn't be a problem getting the service and maintenance from them.

Nope, just book an appointment with them via telephone

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, amsandun said:

Nope just trot along and get the service done (Of course get an appointment first)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Nope, just book an appointment with them via telephone

13 minutes ago, Quiet said:

Nope just trot along and get the service done (Of course get an appointment first)

Thank you for the information guys.. :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...