• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Hiace

sira

i checked in car sales 201 was 45000 52000 65000etc but this is wrong i thing because normally kdh run close to 90000 o 175000 etc in japan ODO can adjust but ECU can check using scanner, want to check my kdh milage also whether actual. how about your KDH when you buy?

i checked in car sales 201 was 45000 52000 65000etc but this is wrong i thing because normally kdh run close to 90000 o 175000 etc in japan ODO can adjust but ECU can check using scanner, want to check my kdh milage also whether actual. how about your KDH when you buy?

When I bought it was 35,000km( I selected the van and bought through my bro in law so its genuine mileage), now it has done 40,000km. During the last service which i did at 39,000km I replaced the ATF oil( Used genuinine Toyota oil)

When I bought it was 35,000km( I selected the van and bought through my bro in law so its genuine mileage), now it has done 40,000km. During the last service which i did at 39,000km I replaced the ATF oil( Used genuinine Toyota oil)

did you see any pickup difference after ATF change

ok. i will see to change next week.

Change if it only has to be changed, don't keep changing stuff just to get an extra km per liter of fuel economy. The fuel economy can vary from vehicle to vehicle based on the amount of weight carried by the vehicle as well

Yesterday i replace my Auto oil by my self. i used 4L Valvoline MAX Life Fully synthetic Made in USA oil. i will post the result after few days. price was 5,500/- i got 20% discount so i pay 4400/- for 4L

http://www.valvolineeurope.com/english/products/transmission_oils/automatic_transmission_oils/cid(666)/maxlife_atf

Edited by Nilantha

i got fuel figures like this.

Wellawatta - fort- wellawatta School full traffic time 8kmpl

Wellawatta - Negombo - Wellawata Mix traffic 10kmpl

Wellawatta - Kegalle - Wellawata night time no traffic 80kmph average speed 15kmpl can do

Edited by Nilantha

Wellawatta - Kegalle - Wellawata night time no traffic 80kmph average speed 15kmpl can do

you should be happy with these dude

• Like 1

Yesterday i replace my Auto oil by my self. i used 4L Valvoline MAX Life Fully synthetic Made in USA oil. i will post the result after few days. price was 5,500/- i got 20% discount so i pay 4400/- for 4L

http://www.valvolineeurope.com/english/products/transmission_oils/automatic_transmission_oils/cid(666)/maxlife_atf

yes. i am very happy. i think highway drive can take more than 15 i will check and tell you.

Not to undermine your fuel figures or your vehicle. My Hilux has the same engine, probably the same performance or lesser, but Manual Transmission, Torque focused gear ratios, Larger tyres,

42000km ODO, Used Super Diesel to date

All Genuine Toyota oils and filters;

Probably heavier / unladen,

given all that barely does 7-8kmpl on a good day, half of yours, but of course I am not as obsessed as you with fuel figures but yours do seem a bit, lets just say on the optimistic side.

Edited by tiv
  • Like 2

Not to undermine your fuel figures or your vehicle. My Hilux has the same engine, probably the same performance or lesser, but Manual Transmission, Torque focused gear ratios, Larger tyres,

42000km ODO, Used Super Diesel to date

All Genuine Toyota oils and filters;

Probably heavier / unladen,

given all that barely does 7-8kmpl on a good day, half of yours, but of course I am not as obsessed as you with fuel figures but yours do seem a bit, lets just say on the optimistic side.

Yeah! the 15km/l doesnt seem right

I dont think my Hiace has done more than 11km/l but then again im not worried about it cuz its a 2 tonne vehicle with a 3000cc and I dont think its right to expect more from it.

• Like 2

Yeah! the 15km/l doesnt seem right

I dont think my Hiace has done more than 11km/l but then again im not worried about it cuz its a 2 tonne vehicle with a 3000cc and I dont think its right to expect more from it.

I just say you my experience. nothing else.

but i can say you in highway KDH200 can do more than 15kmpl because i get this 15 with little traffic and stop some time. if i can continues run 80kmph i am 100% sure i can get more than 15.

i noticed that after 70kmph it change to another gear and RPM come to 1.5, if i run within 50kmph and 70kmph rpm stay at 1.7 to 2.0 respectively. so if i take rpm to 2.0 after 80kmph, the vehicle speed come to 100kmph. so if i keep speed to 80kmph rpm can keep 1.5 so fuel can save.

i will post some pictures. admin please tell me how to upload pictures.

I just say you my experience. nothing else.

but i can say you in highway KDH200 can do more than 15kmpl because i get this 15 with little traffic and stop some time. if i can continues run 80kmph i am 100% sure i can get more than 15.

i noticed that after 70kmph it change to another gear and RPM come to 1.5, if i run within 50kmph and 70kmph rpm stay at 1.7 to 2.0 respectively. so if i take rpm to 2.0 after 80kmph, the vehicle speed come to 100kmph. so if i keep speed to 80kmph rpm can keep 1.5 so fuel can save.

i will post some pictures. admin please tell me how to upload pictures.

Thanks for stating your experience, just asking; Why didn't you invest on a hybrid van like the Noah/Voxy/Esquire as you are a fan of the whole fuel saving movement, would have been rather entertaining with all the displays graphs and eco figures you know.

Or were you looking at sheer passenger capacity?

• Like 1

Also to mention, I don't see why people hold back 10rs and pump Normal diesel while a Euro spec grade (4Star) is provided rather cheaply and at such easy disposal. DPF or Not whatever the model. Besides there is a marked difference in the pull and idle, on the long run, there is noteworthy difference in aging between the KD engine run on normal fuel and on super diesel, this I've monitored personally with a counterpart, the fuel filter element is visible in these engines, there is barely any visible gunk when the premium diesel is used, this has been seconded by Toyota Lanka and several reputed service stations. I'm sure Supra and Magnum can second that

Sadly I don't have my own pictures at the moment,

Stock filter

23390-0L041,Toyota%20Hilux%20Hiace%20Fue

Off Hilux forums to get an Idea, The filter looks similar when normal diesel was used

14710.jpg

This was somewhat similar to the filter condition I see with premium diesel

IMG00491-20110822-1447.jpg

Well this was no controlled experiment and with no set parameters or criteria.

Just delivering a humble message with the use of forum pictures, and experience to prevent anyone from ruining these engines

prematurely.

Happy Motoring

Edited by tiv
  • Like 1

No matter what I would never pump normal diesel on my Hiace, I even had the van filled with full tank of diesel from Japan so that the clearing agents do not use normal diesel when bringing from port to Kandy.

Bdw I personally know a van in which 2 injectors were replaced cuz he used normal diesel and delayed the service a bit. That van has a 2KD engine and if i remember righ at new genuine injector costs 70K

No matter what I would never pump normal diesel on my Hiace, I even had the van filled with full tank of diesel from Japan so that the clearing agents do not use normal diesel when bringing from port to Kandy.

Bdw I personally know a van in which 2 injectors were replaced cuz he used normal diesel and delayed the service a bit. That van has a 2KD engine and if i remember righ at new genuine injector costs 70K

What's your thought on pumping super diesel to 1KZ and 2LTE engines used in 100 series hiace super customs? what would be the advantages?

BTW, did u say 1 injector will cost 70K?

WTF Nilantha. Stop being such a cheapskate man. Keep your eyes on the road rather on the RPM meter and Speedometer. You are being a hazard to yourself and other people just to get 1kmpl more.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

What's your thought on pumping super diesel to 1KZ and 2LTE engines used in 100 series hiace super customs? what would be the advantages?

As far as I know the above engines don't use the sophisticated injector system and are relatively bullet proof compared to the KD series, They've been around here since the 90s and have coped well with the normal diesel. I've seen chaps using Super diesel on 80s vans and even those diesel 3 wheelers, claiming better mpg and better pickup.

Yup the D4D injectors cost 70k+ per unit and once installed must be recoded at the agent or equivalent for them to fire and run smooth.

Yes! recondition one is around 45k

As far as I know the above engines don't use the sophisticated injector system and are relatively bullet proof compared to the KD series, They've been around here since the 90s and have coped well with the normal diesel. I've seen chaps using Super diesel on 80s vans and even those diesel 3 wheelers, claiming better mpg and better pickup.

Yup the D4D injectors cost 70k+ per unit and once installed must be recoded at the agent or equivalent for them to fire and run smooth.

Im not sure about 2LTE but I think the 1KZ gives trouble if not properly looked after

I have seen many 1KZs being repaired in the garage but at the same time my cousin had a Super Custom which he looked after well and it was trouble free till he sold it at around 180,000km

Im not sure about 2LTE but I think the 1KZ gives trouble if not properly looked after

I have seen many 1KZs being repaired in the garage but at the same time my cousin had a Super Custom which he looked after well and it was trouble free till he sold it at around 180,000km

Damn that Hiace must've pulled like a train at the time with I have the Prado engine bragging rights :)

Damn that Hiace must've pulled like a train at the time with I have the Prado engine bragging rights :)

You do realize that Hiace weighs as much as Prado right? :P

Im not sure about the LH50 series but the KZH(Super custom) and KDH are in 2 tonne range.

Well to chime in with what I've experienced, we have a KZJ77 Landcruiser (The "Box Prado" as the market calls it) with the 1KZ-T (Mechanically fuel injected, not electronic) which we've had since new and always pumped Super Diesel to. We've also been religious with the oil changes every 5000 and only ever used Caltex Delo, it has done around 375k upto now without ever being opened up and is only now showing signs of needing an overhaul.

Also, one sales van is a 2KD engined 2006 KDH with a manual box bought in 2011. Always used super diesel, genuine filters and Mobil Delvac MX. Has done 199K now and still seems pretty good. (touch wood).

Well to chime in with what I've experienced, we have a KZJ77 Landcruiser (The "Box Prado" as the market calls it) with the 1KZ-T (Mechanically fuel injected, not electronic) which we've had since new and always pumped Super Diesel to. We've also been religious with the oil changes every 5000 and only ever used Caltex Delo, it has done around 375k upto now without ever being opened up and is only now showing signs of needing an overhaul.

Also, one sales van is a 2KD engined 2006 KDH with a manual box bought in 2011. Always used super diesel, genuine filters and Mobil Delvac MX. Has done 199K now and still seems pretty good. (touch wood).

I think Super Custom KZH100 came with electronic injected

and is yours intercooler turbo?