• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Hiace

sira

Dear Friends

I 'm planning to buy Toyota KDH van , basically for tourism purposes. what are the things that need to consider? I know nothing with VANs and please guide me.

so far I heard

1. There are some other models than Japanese models

2. Engine capacity and fuel consumption

3. delivery vs passenger models

4. Common issues

5. Price

etc

please advice me

1. Yes there's a model offered by Toyota Lanka which was discussed in the thread posted above

2. The newer ones are 3000cc and mine does 7-8km/ in city and 10-12 out station with A/C(mine has auto AWD)

3. DX is for delivery only it has a load capacity of 1250KG

GL is a package which has some Super GL exterior goodies added on to DX

Super GL is for dual purpose and it has a lower load capacity of 1000kg

But I see most vans used for tourism are DX with seats and dual A/C fixed

4. I don't know any common issue but the 3000cc ones come with DPF and that'll give trouble if you use normal diesel and in the long run you will get injector issues

5. Depends on mileage, colour, grade and year

3. DX is for delivery only it has a load capacity of 1250KG
GL is a package which has some Super GL exterior goodies added on to DX
Super GL is for dual purpose and it has a lower load capacity of 1000kg

and Whats Prime Selection and Dark Prime Selection?

Nissan NV350 seems a good selection if you agree. seems all the things are same to KDH and does nt heard anything bad yet. afaik it's released in 2012.

And a doubt why 2011-2012 GL one's are selling around 5.5m while 2007 super gl's are still asking over 5.6m ?

Magnum over to you to continue.....

Edited by maheshw

and Whats Prime Selection and Dark Prime Selection?

Those are special packages in the 2014 onwards model. Prime selection has those wooden panels on the dash from factory and dark prime has darker chrome parts in addition to the wooden panels

Nissan NV350 seems a good selection if you agree. seems all the things are same to KDH and does nt heard anything bad yet. afaik it's released in 2012.

And a doubt why 2011-2012 GL one's are selling around 5.5m while 2007 super gl's are still asking over 5.6m ?

Magnum over to you to continue.....

NV350 is good too only downside is it has the same engine in a he Navara, that engine wasn't very successful here. Only time will tell how the NV350 would perform.

The main reason why 2007 ones are going for 5.6 is cuz most of them had 2500cc andthere's a group of people who are scared of the 3000cc engine cuz you have to pump super diesel for it :D

Plus Super GL has loads of goodies

i bought a Toyota KDH200 2007 Unregistered Super GL Vehicle. can any body tell me fuel consumption of this vehicle. i got only 7.5kmpl in colombo heavy traffic with AC is this figures are ok?

but before i buy, i discuss with many KDH users they told me it can run 10kmpl in city and 12kmpl outstation. some guys told me 16kmpl city :o some told me outstation 16kmpl

also other thing, manufacture have recommend 5W-30W CF engine oil should use also can run 10,000km. but in sri lanka there is no 5W30W engine oil. i check with Malaysia Toyota Company they told me to use 15W40W CI grade oil and change every 10,000km. from Valvoline i can buy 15W40W CI oil for Rs.3750/- but toyota company in sri lanka have 10W30W CF but it is 4,250/-

Any recommendations guys?

i bought a Toyota KDH200 2007 Unregistered Super GL Vehicle. can any body tell me fuel consumption of this vehicle. i got only 7.5kmpl in colombo heavy traffic with AC is this figures are ok?

but before i buy, i discuss with many KDH users they told me it can run 10kmpl in city and 12kmpl outstation. some guys told me 16kmpl city :o some told me outstation 16kmpl

also other thing, manufacture have recommend 5W-30W CF engine oil should use also can run 10,000km. but in sri lanka there is no 5W30W engine oil. i check with Malaysia Toyota Company they told me to use 15W40W CI grade oil and change every 10,000km. from Valvoline i can buy 15W40W CI oil for Rs.3750/- but toyota company in sri lanka have 10W30W CF but it is 4,250/-

Any recommendations guys?

Hi Nilantha

Congratz On your new purchase. Don't believe exorbitant fuel figures mentioned by others.

It should do around 8 km/l in the city. Highway fuel figures seem to be ok.

I get 12 in the highway & 8 in the city traffic. These i mentioned from my personal experience, i use a 2007 model 2.5cc engine.

Hi Nilantha

Congratz On your new purchase. Don't believe exorbitant fuel figures mentioned by others.

I get 12 in the highway & 8 in the city traffic. These i mentioned from my personal experience, i use a 2007 model 2.5cc engine.

but KDH201 users telling they get 9kmpl city and 16kmpl long run. but this is 3000CC engine. is this true?

i did a little research before buy KDH. most of people told me not to buy KDH201 because 3000CC and Super Diesel and DPF problem. but if it is can run more than km from 1 liter than normal diesel KDH200 it is worth than KDH200 because KDH201 2012 Super GL could buy for 5.7m and this KDH200 was 6.3m also other thing 2010 or 2011 Petrol KDH can buy for 4.5m super GL one. so if i could know this KDH200 do only 8kmpl i could buy KDH perol one and can save 2m rupees because KDH petrol have low maintain cost than KDH Diesel one.

any how research was not successful. :(

Hi Nilantha

thou1584 >>> what is the engine oil that you are using?

i did a little research before buy KDH. most of people told me not to buy KDH201 because 3000CC and Super Diesel and DPF problem. but if it is can run more than km from 1 liter than normal diesel KDH200 it is worth than KDH200 because KDH201 2012 Super GL could buy for 5.7m and this KDH200 was 6.3m also other thing 2010 or 2011 Petrol KDH can buy for 4.5m super GL one. so if i could know this KDH200 do only 8kmpl i could buy KDH perol one and can save 2m rupees because KDH petrol have low maintain cost than KDH Diesel one.

any how research was not successful. :(

Your issue here was equating hearsay to research.

You should know better than that. Most people live in this bubble of fuel efficiency above all others, and lie to hide their disappointments. Most fuel efficiency figures quoted are complete bull, and the same applies for maintenance. Some are invented by car sales people to shift their stock.

• 2 weeks later...

How did you find an unregistered 2007 model? was it being unsold all this time?

Whoever told you that they are getting 16km/l must be pushing their vehicle.

I have a KDH206 which has a 3000CC and with auto AWD system, I get 8km/l in city and about 10-11 out station with dual A/C, so in that case the 2500cc doesn't seem to be doing much of an favor. Moreover even though the 2500cc doesnt have an DPF you shouldn't pump the normal diesel cuz it will still damage the injectors. Any vehicle with common rail engine should use super diesel only

I use Toyota genuine 10W30 oil

Edited by Magnum

Caltex Introduce new Diesel engine oil suitable for KDH

www.chevron.lk/caltex-introduces-delo-sports-synthetic-blend-sae-10w-30/

6L can 5,350/- cheaper than Toyota 10W30W and Qualiy than Toyota oil

How do you know the Caltex variety is better quality than the oil badged Toyota?

Caltex Introduce new Diesel engine oil suitable for KDH

www.chevron.lk/caltex-introduces-delo-sports-synthetic-blend-sae-10w-30/

6L can 5,350/- cheaper than Toyota 10W30W and Qualiy than Toyota oil

Here we go again with Nilantha's rubbish.

Caltex makes pretty outrageous claims. On EFM these days, they frequently claim that their engine oil is the recommended oil by all hybrid vehicle manufacturers. In the past, Caltex is the only oil in Sri Lanka to have quality issues.

BTW, how do you know caltex oil is better in quality than Toyota oil? Did you do a lab experiment?

• Like 2

Here we go again with Nilantha's rubbish.

Caltex makes pretty outrageous claims. On EFM these days, they frequently claim that their engine oil is the recommended oil by all hybrid vehicle manufacturers. In the past, Caltex is the only oil in Sri Lanka to have quality issues.

BTW, how do you know caltex oil is better in quality than Toyota oil? Did you do a lab experiment?

ok you put Toyota CF oil and run 5000km and change. I am talking only about Caltex 10w30 CI4 oil. i am not talking about just Brand Name

Edited by Nilantha

ok you put Toyota CF oil and run 5000km and change. I am talking only about Caltex 10w30 CI4 oil. i am not talking about just Brand Name

May I ask you why you went for a KDH200 instead of a newer KDH201? bdw are you using it for tourism?

• Haha 1

yes, most people told me not to buy 201 because maintain cost wih DPF and Super Diesel. so i went to 200, but now i think 201 was better choice because this 200 also same fuel consumption like 201, but most people told me 200 is giving more kmpl than 201, i did full service with Original Toyota Oil, Fuel and air filters (Bought from Malaysia very cheap) now i pump Normal diesel and run, did not change Auto Gear oil so far.

but if your 4WD 201 running 8kmpl city this 2WD 200 should do more. want to check injectors and want to change Auto oil and will see what happen.

200 can import if have a permit but unregistered 200 selling like hot cake. 201 super GL one can buy price below than 200 super GL

Im not sure how true this is is, they say a vehicle with lower mileage will give you better fuel consumption cuz it seems the compression of the engine drops as mileage increases

And what were the mileage of the KDH201s you inspected? I checked on AL most of the low mileage ones are above 6mil range

Edited by Magnum