• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Tyre For Honda Insight

Okay, let's clear up somethings first. There are lots of threads regarding tyres and their prices on this forum. Why don't you search them first. I can understand you're overjoyed buying your first car today but that's no reason to post your questions stupidly without searching first.

And I don't think it's a good idea to put all your earnings to buy a car. You should keep some for the maintenance or in case of an emergency in the family. Now you're looking for cheap tyres.

And I personally don't think it's a good idea to buy an insight as a first car since it has been considered as a failure and production has been discontinued. Anyway, good luck with your new car.

• Like 1

I requested an advice to buy tyres...not advices for my life planning......and other thing honda discontinued insight not because of a failure. they want some better hybrid to fight with prius. it does not mean insight is a failure. if it suit with my fuel consumption requirement it is not a failure dera

The statement by Sathyajith about the insight being a failure may have touched a nerve here but the other stuff he said is true

1. Search the forum. Tyres have been discussed till no end in autolanka.

2. You should never ever spend all your life savings on a car. People say this through life experience

3. If you want a cheap set of tyres, u WILL have to compromise on comfort, durability and road noise and up to a certain extent, safety. You CAN'T have all in one.

also

4. If you want advise from this forum, leave that attitude at home. We @ autolanka know how to deal with people who have attitude problems.

• Like 1

The statement by Sathyajith about the insight being a failure may have touched a nerve here but the other stuff he said is true

2. You should never ever spend all your life savings on a car. People say this through life experience

3. If you want a cheap set of tyres, u WILL have to compromise on comfort, durability and road noise and up to a certain extent, safety. You CAN'T have all in one.

also

4. If you want advise from this forum, leave that attitude at home. We @ autolanka know how to deal with people who have attitude problems.

Well said...........

also

I have searched the forum.but could not find a satisfied answer.

Datz why i asked that again from you experts.

But if it is the way you helped the people who have no that much idea on vehicles

saying i have a attitude problems......Thank you very much...No need arguments with anyone.

I believe people with experience behave in gentleman way rather than hitting on a Newbie....

Thanks Dude..

Gud Luck

Lol, this guy is funny. So maybe you should tell us why you were not satisfied with the posts on all the other threads ? Unless you were expecting someone to post the exact brand, price and shop sellingit for your size of tyre of the cheapest type they found after they did all the leg work of going to shops and finding out for themselves) ?

Majority of threads involving hybrids are popcorn-worthy [entertaining] .... :sport-smiley-004:

vezel threads, the guy who wanted to buy an R grade GP1, the guy with an attitude who dissed the folk here for not responding to his query on a Voxy, the recent hybrid/non hybrid debate, nissan leaf.... the list goes on.

Edited by matroska
  • Like 1

I have searched the forum.but could not find a satisfied answer.

Datz why i asked that again from you experts.

But if it is the way you helped the people who have no that much idea on vehicles

saying i have a attitude problems......Thank you very much...No need arguments with anyone.

I believe people with experience behave in gentleman way rather than hitting on a Newbie....

Thanks Dude..

Gud Luck

The Insight is a shitty hybrid, but it's YOUR shitty hybrid. Satyajith has no right to comment on it.. nadda mang kiyanne?

Machang if you want people to pat you on the back and spoon feed you you need to buy the premium membership. You pay Rs.5000, and I will send an expert to your house to look at you car and give you personalized wheel/engine/door/roof/seat information to suit your needs. If you dont want to pay the Rs.5000, keep your attitude aside and be happy with the free advise people give you.

I know hybrids are economical, but when you spent all your savings on the car did you think that it ran on love and fresh air? :P Newsflash, parts ware out and sometimes brake and you need money to fix it.

I the mistake in his thinking was his thinking that the Insight needed a special tyre.

OP this is not the case. All the information on those threads are still valid. If fuel economy is your priority use a tyre marked Eco (many manufacturers make them) which offer less rolling resistance but also less grip. The cheapest tyre of this type you will get in SL is probably GT.

I think the most value for money tyre in the market is Goodyear dura plus as a few members seem to have got good mileage out of them. I use Maxxis MA Z1 on my own cars for a balance between good grip and comfort (wear and fuel economy are not concerns are the cars are rarely used).

Well, it's Simple. The technically correct answer to your question is a set of LRR tires because that is what is recommended for hybrid cars.

But you put all your savings to the car.

The important thing is that unfortunately its those 4 tires that you are looking hard to cheap out that will keep the precious car on the road.

You cheap out on tires, as someone said earlier u risk safety to an extent.

So the best you can do is get a decent set of tires, it doesn't have to be a top end brand, but it has to be a reasonable tire.

All that has been discussed endlessly in the above threads. your exact tire size might not be mentioned there, but hey that's what the tire shops are for.

Well, it's Simple. The technically correct answer to your question is a set of LRR tires because that is what is recommended for hybrid cars.

The important thing is that unfortunately its those 4 tires that you are looking hard to cheap out that will keep the precious car on the road.

So the best you can do is get a decent set of tires, it doesn't have to be a top end brand, but it has to be a reasonable tire.

All that has been discussed endlessly in the above threads. your exact tire size might not be mentioned there, but hey that's what the tire shops are for.

The fact is, even the cheapest new tyre is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than worn tyres from a safety perspective.

I the mistake in his thinking was his thinking that the Insight needed a special tyre.

OP this is not the case. All the information on those threads are still valid. If fuel economy is your priority use a tyre marked Eco (many manufacturers make them) which offer less rolling resistance but also less grip. The cheapest tyre of this type you will get in SL is probably GT.

I think the most value for money tyre in the market is Goodyear dura plus as a few members seem to have got good mileage out of them. I use Maxxis MA Z1 on my own cars for a balance between good grip and comfort (wear and fuel economy are not concerns are the cars are rarely used).

Thank you....what about the nangkang tire??? is it god for a insight???

ya bro thanks...i did a survey today.... :)

The Insight is a shitty hybrid, but it's YOUR shitty hybrid. Satyajith has no right to comment on it.. nadda mang kiyanne?

Machang if you want people to pat you on the back and spoon feed you you need to buy the premium membership. You pay Rs.5000, and I will send an expert to your house to look at you car and give you personalized wheel/engine/door/roof/seat information to suit your needs. If you dont want to pay the Rs.5000, keep your attitude aside and be happy with the free advise people give you.

I know hybrids are economical, but when you spent all your savings on the car did you think that it ran on love and fresh air? :P Newsflash, parts ware out and sometimes brake and you need money to fix it.

Yes Boss ITS MY SHITTY HYBRID .....I'll pay 5000 once i put my tires...so next time you can treat me the way you said...Thanks

Edited by darshana ilangakoon

Lol, this guy is funny. So maybe you should tell us why you were not satisfied with the posts on all the other threads ? Unless you were expecting someone to post the exact brand, price and shop sellingit for your size of tyre of the cheapest type they found after they did all the leg work of going to shops and finding out for themselves) ?

I may be funny to you bro coz i dont have much idea on vehicles....Dat may be the reason sometimes i have asked a silly question as per your view....anyway its nice to see here some gentlemen who help people....Thank You...

Thank you....what about the nangkang tire??? is it god for a insight???

As I said before the brand does not really matter per say. The tyre threads have a lot more information but the bottom line is if your priority is fuel economy, get a low rolling resistance LRR type tyre.

I know you are coming from a position of ignorance, but my initial two answers had all the information you need :) Basically any tyre will do, but I've twice had issues with Roadstone so thats probably the only brand to avoid. Different tyres have different characteristics, some are hard, but last a while, some are soft, gives good comfort and grip and there are a lot in the middle. You just need to put in the effort and read those threads if you want an in depth understanding.

Nankang is a good budget brand.

As I said before the brand does not really matter per say. The tyre threads have a lot more information but the bottom line is if your priority is fuel economy, get a low rolling resistance LRR type tyre.

I know you are coming from a position of ignorance, but my initial two answers had all the information you need :) Basically any tyre will do, but I've twice had issues with Roadstone so thats probably the only brand to avoid. Different tyres have different characteristics, some are hard, but last a while, some are soft, gives good comfort and grip and there are a lot in the middle. You just need to put in the effort and read those threads if you want an in depth understanding.

Nankang is a good budget brand.

Thanks bro... your sharing valued lot...now i got some idea.ill go through the threads.... :)