• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Belt Noise

malinda7

Question

Hi guys,

Reccently i did a timing belt change including the two belts (AC/power and alternator). however, after the replacement of two belts am getting a big noise in the morning and it turned off after a while. so i gave the car to the same garage fellow and he did a some tightning but the issue is still there. further to garage fellow, he advice me to run some more KM's until the cable get adjusted.

What do you think about his suggestion? any further advice ? coz this sound is really noisy

Thanks.

4 answers to this question

Malinda,

You have replaced with new belts (most probably aftermarket) - OK.

But, are you sure they are of correct size? You had better get hold of a parts manual or ask from agents for tge correct size.

I also remember, when I changed all 03 belts in my civic, one belt was slighly off the specification. Mechanic adjusted the pulley but that too has some limit. Isnt it?

Thanks for the reply guys. today i have replace the belt again - this time "Bando". and ran almost 50 KM. so far no sound.

Me too replaced the after market belt which was making noice with a Bando Japan belt. So far so good no noice at all.