• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Replacing Ac Compressor Corolla 141 - Help

k119

Hi Guys,

Few days back there was noise coming and after checked, technician told need to replace 1 idle and adjustments razors. Issue is hard find it, one adjustment razor found (Malaysian one). During that time we further checked and the AC technician told to replace the AC compressor as well.

1. Could you suggest me a place to buy the parts, razors and ac compressor.

2. I checked with one place and they told me 55k for the AC compressor and 13k for condenser. Suggest me to change compressor with condenser. Are these values reasonable?

3. Could you suggest me good repair shop

Car - corolla 141, 2008

Mileage - 85k

1. Replacing Bearings for the Compressor is fairly straight forward for a good Mech. for parts Compressor House - Nawinna (Check used compressors first)

2. 55,000/- For a Compressor sounds too much? was it Brand new or Used? i don't see the reason to change condenser unless it's leaking. i guess they tried to rip you off.

3.Bullion Auto AC in Maharagama (Next to Manel Bakery, Wattegedara Maharagama). found good reviews about them in the forum. there are couple of other places, please do a search.

Edited by Ruslan
  • Like 1

1. Replacing Bearings for the Compressor is fairly straight forward for a good Mech. for parts Compressor House - Nawinna (Check used compressors first)

2. 55,000/- For a Compressor sounds too much? was it Brand new or Used? i don't see the reason to change condenser unless it's leaking. i guess they tried to rip you off.

3.Bullion Auto AC in Maharagama (Next to Manel Bakery, Wattegedara Maharagama). found good reviews about them in the forum. there are couple of other places, please do a search.

Thanks a lot for the info. Will check further. They said the compressor is brand new-55k condenser PACO-13k Thailand.

Hi K119,

I don't know if Etul Kotte is too far for you. But if it's not, I can totally recommend this AC joint (called Deep Freeze) in Etul Kotte.. If you turn in to kotte rd from parliament rd. then it's about 100 metres or so, before the Cargills supermarket. you can't miss it.
I've taken 3 cars myself, and sent about a 5 friends there, and they've done good jobs on each ride. Check for the parts you need with them. The owner himself looks in on each job.. his name's Deepal.. if you do go, and you don't get a good impression, please reply back on the forum.. and no, i have not invested in this business :-) just happy to spread the good news..

I live in Ethul Kotte

I don't trust any of the A/C repair places in that road. This is speaking from experience about the said place too.

If you know anything about A/C, you would know how A/C repair people screw customers left, right and center.

Latest example (not related to the said place): I took my old banger to an A/C repair joint because the A/C wasn't working. I asked the bugger to pump some gas and even without pumping gas, the guy claims there's a leak in the condenser because that's a common problem with mazdas. Then I insist on him pumping some nitrogen to prove his theory. Then the guy pumps in a spoonful of nitrogen and again claims there's a leak.

So I take the car elsewhere and force a guy to pump gas in to it.

This was three months back

The A/C is working fine to date.

Is the car cooling normally? IF yes, there is nothing wrong with your compressor. If it's making a noise, it could be bearing related. Replace the bearing. Won't cost 2000 rs. OF course you will need to re-gas, but then use that as an opportunity to service the AC.

As Crosswind said, most AC shops are fuktards and they will rip you a new one if you let them. Having said that, there are few good guys also.

Best option is before you start looking for replacement parts, get the full system checked by a competent AC technician.

Can you guys mention a competent AC technician if there are any. I think VVTi mentioned Situlya in Baddegana a while ago.

Also are there any good places to get a new AC installed?

Who is Situlya?

The guy in Mirihana who installed a new AC for the Alfa is highly recommended though. Just near Japan Lanka.

Who is Situlya?

The guy in Mirihana who installed a new AC for the Alfa is highly recommended though. Just near Japan Lanka.

Really, I got it through JDNet and he said you reccomended the guy. He's up Baddegana road after the bridge.

I must check out this chap when I'm home for a bit. Need the A/Cs serviced on the usual cars, and see how one can be installed on the Datsun. I'm thinking about getting some of the original 1960s kit, but how well that will work remains to be seen. The problem is these are slow revving engines and the original compressors matched that. The more modern variants might require more revs to get enough compression, so it needs somebody who understands the science of it, if things need to be adapted locally.

Is the car cooling normally? IF yes, there is nothing wrong with your compressor. If it's making a noise, it could be bearing related. Replace the bearing. Won't cost 2000 rs. OF course you will need to re-gas, but then use that as an opportunity to service the AC.

As Crosswind said, most AC shops are fuktards and they will rip you a new one if you let them. Having said that, there are few good guys also.

Best option is before you start looking for replacement parts, get the full system checked by a competent AC technician.

Car cooling normally. But making noise. I will try to do a system check.

Issue is after doing system check technician recommend this. Any idea how often you have to change compressor? He said something like Corolla 141 compressor is troublesome. BTW first time I heard this. having 85k mileage on my Corolla 141.

Thanks for the help. (y) Still you can recommend a place. Will be very helpful.

Car cooling normally. But making noise. I will try to do a system check.

Issue is after doing system check technician recommend this. Any idea how often you have to change compressor? He said something like Corolla 141 compressor is troublesome. BTW first time I heard this. having 85k mileage on my Corolla 141.

Thanks for the help. (y) Still you can recommend a place. Will be very helpful.

He did reccomend a place, in Mirihana close to the Japan Lanka showroom. I think its accross the road if memory serves right.

He did reccomend a place, in Mirihana close to the Japan Lanka showroom. I think its accross the road if memory serves right.

Just past Japan Lank actually... ask for Prasanna's AC shop.. you can't miss it. There is a massive Pihimbiya tree in the compound.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Guys i didnt want to open a new thread since my issue is AC related.

Recently i went on a long distance trip (total of 900+km in 2 days) and on the way back i noticed that the AC is making a noise (this wasnt there before).

This one to be precise (not my video), this only happens when the ac is on and nothing is there when only the blower is on. Also it goes away sometimes when i mildly accelerate the engine. Is it time to replace the AC compressor ? :sad-smiley-058:
The cooling seems fine though.
Edited by The Stig

Replaced the AC compressor, filter also change as mechanic recommends. Cost was 80k. Place was near to Pelawatha Food city. Can't recommend as still giving a noise/vibrate when car just started or on very low acceleration(So this weekend I need to go to a garage), and during repair they made some scratch mark on body as well. Noise may not relate with AC. Anyway now the AC is working fine.

Edited by k119

Guys i didnt want to open a new thread since my issue is AC related.

Recently i went on a long distance trip (total of 900+km in 2 days) and on the way back i noticed that the AC is making a noise (this wasnt there before).

This one to be precise (not my video), this only happens when the ac is on and nothing is there when only the blower is on. Also it goes away sometimes when i mildly accelerate the engine. Is it time to replace the AC compressor ? :sad-smiley-058:
The cooling seems fine though.

Better you check this ASAP. Similar thing happen to me. I continue my rides for sometime with noise. Mechanic said if I took the car to repair on very early stage I do not need to replace the AC compressor. Rather he can repair the AC compressor. So check it soon as possible. You can save some $$

Edited by k119

• 1 month later...
I was also replaced AC compressor few months back and cost was around 65K. But no one told me to replace the alternator.

What? It cost you 65k to replace a compressor, was the repair done at NASA?

I managed to fix the issue I had posted above by replacing the compressor as well. Apparently this sound is common in hondas and Mazdas. Therefore replaced it with a Toyota recon compressor, and there was additional work to be done by making brackets. Plus the system was flushed, new filter, gas and a leak repair. All this cost me only 19k