• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Aftermarket Sun Roof

Urmask

Hi Guys,

I got this crazy idea to mount a aftermarket sun roof to my Mini Minor, I do not need any fancy electric stuffs, just need a manual glass pop-up sun roof. Could you please tell me how much will it cost and a place that i get the assistance to make success this project.

You need to buy the whole roof.

Any cutting and chopping will only result in a disaster.

Try Suzuki Lanka at Kurana (if they still exist... haven't been that way in ages) or try the body parts shops in Delkanda. Back in 2006, I came across a sunroof hood, for which they wanted 30,000

• Like 1

Never understood the appeal of a sunroof. Just asking for my knowledge, does a sunroof implant onto a car compromise the structural integrity if the vehicle at all, which would require bracing?

Never understood the appeal of a sunroof. Just asking for my knowledge, does a sunroof implant onto a car compromise the structural integrity if the vehicle at all, which would require bracing?

The frame of the sun roof is quite strong and is supposed to help with the structural integrity. The biggest issue is leaks.

Sun roofs are probably fairly useless in Sunny countries like SL. They are quite nice to have on a warmish summer day in a colder climate.

If you have a massive craving and a considerable budget, I'd recommend getting a Webasto unit down, will atleast maintain its value rather than mismatching a unit from another make etc.

http://www.webasto.com/us/markets-products/car/aftermarket-sunroofs/

Next best thing is a roof swap, but if not done properly can lead to strength and flex issues, and the opening is quite large in the OEM sunroof / rag top.

Corrosion is a common woe in most sunroof equipped vehicles, especially in the coastal areas.

Edited by tiv

The frame of the sun roof is quite strong and is supposed to help with the structural integrity. The biggest issue is leaks.

Sun roofs are probably fairly useless in Sunny countries like SL. They are quite nice to have on a warmish summer day in a colder climate.

Well they help you when parking in area with lot of trees specially coconut :P

You get a good view as to where you are as to the treetop without getting down. Other than that i am not sure :).

More than our climate i think it's the environment. It's way too dusty and smoke filled to have the sunroof open.

Only place it can be used maybe in here is upcountry.

• Like 1

Next best thing is a roof swap, but if not done properly can lead to strength and flex issues, and the opening is quite large in the OEM sunroof / rag top.

The bugger's got a mini. It probably came to sri lanka in bits and pieces anyway. So structural integrity is not a question at all :)

• Like 1