• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My First Car Nissan B211 1976

Kawwa

Hi Everyone,

I just brought my first car, 1976 Nissan Sunny B211 AKA 'Batu Sunny'. I fell in love with classic cars, wanted to restore a car to its orginal spec. so i bought my Nissan B211.
Thing is, i have very low knowledge when it comes to car/mechanics. So I joined this forum to seek the experts knowledge.
I want to restore this car to its original condition. The car is in fairly good condition considering its age. There are some missing interior parts but most of the original interior remains in good condition. I'm posting some images and i would love to hear from the experts.

Please share your ideas.

16769445444_44cc17d893.jpg

16769459784_157ef86358.jpg
17205746099_3818a72852.jpg
17389952992_437c9cbe05.jpg

17389975162_b1bc9a61e8.jpg

• Like 1

Wow. Congratulations. Finally you will have something that you can drive proudly no matter how old the car is. It is what you feel when you drive a vehicle which is built (restored) by yourself.

I am not an expert but believe me body parts are the hardest when it comes to restoration. By looking at the pictures posted it seems the car is in a good shape.

Depending on the budget you can start from the body work such as tinkering and painting. Meanwhile collect the parts that are needed for the restoration.

Consider suspension, brakes, steering system, engine, gear box, electrical system and finally interior work.

If you go beyond original restoration, things like disc brakes are also possible.

However we like to see the progress and please post some pictures while you do it.

Wow. Congratulations. Finally you will have something that you can drive proudly no matter how old the car is. It is what you feel when you drive a vehicle which is built (restored) by yourself. I am not an expert but believe me body parts are the hardest when it comes to restoration. By looking at the pictures posted it seems the car is in a good shape. Depending on the budget you can start from the body work such as tinkering and painting. Meanwhile collect the parts that are needed for the restoration. Consider suspension, brakes, steering system, engine, gear box, electrical system and finally interior work. If you go beyond original restoration, things like disc brakes are also possible. However we like to see the progress and please post some pictures while you do it.

Thanks very much nishan.dj. i'll do upload photos during the whole process of restoration.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the car! That looks like a well kept Sunny (and it's a GL!). It seems to have been given some TLC recently, judging by how good that paint looks and the fact that the windscreen beadings look brand new.

Old cars like this are pretty simple, thanks to the lack of complicated modern electronics which govern everything. Get a wheel alignment done and if the previous owner did not provide service records, you can get a full service done and check all fluid levels (engine oil, brake oil, transmission oil, coolant). If the engine idles rough or misses, you can get your carburettor cleaned up and tuned, spark plugs and contact points cleaned/replaced.

Couldn't help but notice that you've got water draining to the floorboard. Windscreen beading leaking or wiper mechanism chamber is corroded? Latter is most common in vehicles of this age.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the car! That looks like a well kept Sunny (and it's a GL!). It seems to have been given some TLC recently, judging by how good that paint looks and the fact that the windscreen beadings look brand new.

Old cars like this are pretty simple, thanks to the lack of complicated modern electronics which govern everything. Get a wheel alignment done and if the previous owner did not provide service records, you can get a full service done and check all fluid levels (engine oil, brake oil, transmission oil, coolant). If the engine idles rough or misses, you can get your carburettor cleaned up and tuned, spark plugs and contact points cleaned/replaced.

Couldn't help but notice that you've got water draining to the floorboard. Windscreen beading leaking or wiper mechanism chamber is corroded? Latter is most common in vehicles of this age.

Thanks very much davy for your compliments. yes there is small windscreen beading leak. hoping to get it fixed soon and do a full service of car. i am looking for good service station which specialize for old cars. if you happend to know good place please do reply me.

Thanks very much davy for your compliments. yes there is small windscreen beading leak. hoping to get it fixed soon and do a full service of car. i am looking for good service station which specialize for old cars. if you happend to know good place please do reply me.

Pretty much any good service station will be able to a full service of the car because there is nothing special you need to consider when you service this type of car. Where do you live?

Pretty much any good service station will be able to a full service of the car because there is nothing special you need to consider when you service this type of car. Where do you live?

thanks again davy. I am living near kottawa. And there is small petrol leak in petrol tank near to the sensor which i forgot to mention. what is the best thing i can do to fixed it untill i go to grage to fixed it permanently. most of the people say apply some soap near leak. will it help to seal the leak ? i will post some photos of leak as soon as i can.

Congrats on your first car.. If you like to use it as a daily runner get done a complete brake overhaul. Remember you have to drive among the vehicles with much more powerful brakes. If it is not fitted with a booster get it modified with a matching booster. That is what I did to my EP 71.

thanks again davy. I am living near kottawa. And there is small petrol leak in petrol tank near to the sensor which i forgot to mention. what is the best thing i can do to fixed it untill i go to grage to fixed it permanently. most of the people say apply some soap near leak. will it help to seal the leak ? i will post some photos of leak as soon as i can.

Well there are so many service stations around Kottawa. There is a Laugfs at Maharagama as well.

As for the petrol leak, I wouldn't advise temporary solutions, but if it's at the top of the tank (not sure what you mean by "sensor"?), then maybe you can apply a bit of gasket maker to seal it off until you get it permanently fixed. Do it when the tank is almost empty so that the gasket maker doesn't get dissolved by petrol.

Nice car ! She looks in good nick. I would say to enjoy her for a while before you take her apart :)

My first car is a B12 Wagon bought in 2001 and still have it. Unfortunately it has been neglected for a few years (due to not being driven). Hoping to start on her from next year.

All the best on your restoration.

Congratulations on your first car!

Tye car seems to be in good shape in the pictures. Unless there's corrosion, I don't see why you need to rip it apart. Maybe tidy up the interior and attend to the little details which will make a lot of difference.

• Like 1

Congrats on your first car.. If you like to use it as a daily runner get done a complete brake overhaul. Remember you have to drive among the vehicles with much more powerful brakes. If it is not fitted with a booster get it modified with a matching booster. That is what I did to my EP 71.

Great, thanks for the advices wolseley. apreciated. hoping to do brakes. regarding the booster, have to check it.

Well there are so many service stations around Kottawa. There is a Laugfs at Maharagama as well.

As for the petrol leak, I wouldn't advise temporary solutions, but if it's at the top of the tank (not sure what you mean by "sensor"?), then maybe you can apply a bit of gasket maker to seal it off until you get it permanently fixed. Do it when the tank is almost empty so that the gasket maker doesn't get dissolved by petrol.

Yes, it's in the top of the petrol tank. i have uploaded some images of it. you can see below. anyhow i am planing to fixed this ASAP.

17242752660_655dd166de.jpg

16807823854_fc16fd4a42.jpg

Nice car ! She looks in good nick. I would say to enjoy her for a while before you take her apart :)

My first car is a B12 Wagon bought in 2001 and still have it. Unfortunately it has been neglected for a few years (due to not being driven). Hoping to start on her from next year.

All the best on your restoration.

Thanks MAS. yah, i'm not going to take her apart soon. just wanted to replace some missing parts and non-functioning parts. most of the people say what you adiviced, "enjoy her for a while". thanks again mate for your complements. please do post some photos of your restoration. becz it's a motivation to other guys who plan to restore classic cars. and wish you same on your restoration too.

Congratulations on your first car!

Tye car seems to be in good shape in the pictures. Unless there's corrosion, I don't see why you need to rip it apart. Maybe tidy up the interior and attend to the little details which will make a lot of difference.

Thanks very much hoonigan for your complements. I'm not planing to take her apart so soon. just wanted to replace some missing parts to Originals and replace the non-functionog parts. And nope, there isn't any visible corrosions. I am planing to do interior with leather dashboard, coz there are some cracks on it. Thanks again for your guidance.

My father had the same model, but it is B210 and side badges are same as yours one. in 2010, most of the spares were available in the delkandha area. Don' t know current situation. congrats for the new buy.

Thanks very much invisibleuser for the information.