• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is Best Buy For 8M

I have no idea, dont know if they even offer it for the normal govt. off. permit. Since I didnt say about having a permit i guess it was non-permit? Eitherway I think it is too ecpensive, and if that was the permit price it is even more expensive.

a bit OTP. But thought of mentioning it because of the price point.

Yesterday @ CMS carmart had the Mazda 6 2500cc car on display.

They said it's 8.2 mil all inclusive (Including the cost of the permit used).

Its gone up a bit now because permits have climbed, used to be in the 7 range for the 2.5. Anyhow, always better to buy Mazdas from Colonial, they are rather better at it than ol' Carmart

Hello Team

I always appreciate the help and ideas from you guys, i just finish buying a replacement vehicle in NZ and my in law got 8 mil on hand and looking to buy something good.

He was looking to buy a TOYOTA Premio G "Superior" and we found 99.99% of them is not "G" or "Superior" and its another scam in SL car dealers, so we made a listt as per below

- 2013 BMW 320D F30 ----- 8M

- 2011 BMW X1 --- 5.5M

- B/N 2015 Hyundai SantaFe Diesel ---- 9.5M

- B/N 2015 SsangYong Rexton Diesel ------ 6.4M

From the above list SantaFe is out as its i call them and price tag is 9.5M which is out of the budget, I have no idea about new Rexton W, i do have a feeling new Rexton may from India if it not from India i think its good value for money and also not sure the price advertise on website is for Permit holders or normal price so if guys do have more detail please share with me, also please share the after sale service and other detail about the above vehicles

If you have any suggestions please do share with me

regards

JC

Since you have a 2011 X1 in the list; it seems that you don't mind a 3-4 years old vehicle. Here are my suggestions:

2012 BMW 520d( might be able to get one for around 8.4 million

Like others suggested 2014 Mazda 6

2013 Audi A4( 6.4- 7 million)

2012-2013 Toyota Camry hybrid

I have no idea, dont know if they even offer it for the normal govt. off. permit. Since I didnt say about having a permit i guess it was non-permit? Eitherway I think it is too ecpensive, and if that was the permit price it is even more expensive.

No that's fine, We like the RAV4 if its 8M for sure ill tell in law to go for it

a bit OTP. But thought of mentioning it because of the price point.

Yesterday @ CMS carmart had the Mazda 6 2500cc car on display.

They said it's 8.2 mil all inclusive (Including the cost of the permit used).

Its gone up a bit now because permits have climbed, used to be in the 7 range for the 2.5. Anyhow, always better to buy Mazdas from Colonial, they are rather better at it than ol' Carmart

MAZDA, may be no, but thank you

Since you have a 2011 X1 in the list; it seems that you don't mind a 3-4 years old vehicle. Here are my suggestions: 2012 BMW 520d( might be able to get one for around 8.4 million Like others suggested 2014 Mazda 6 2013 Audi A4( 6.4- 7 million) 2012-2013 Toyota Camry hybrid

Most of the (all of the) Euro cars now out of the list due to maintenance so i am sorry to confuse you guys at the 1st place

Guys what about the 2015 Monter 2.8GL? comes in Diesel and Manual transmission? It also falls within 8 million. 5.6mil for the permit

Mate are we talking about Montero or Montero Sport? coz i am confused with 2.8 engine coz its normally with a 3.2 DID can you give any more details? as the UNIMO site showing a 3.2DI engine

Guys, good news, found a 2012 Mitsubishi Montero own by my best friends cousin brothers car, imported under permit original millage 24k and company maintain + balance warranty, sounds like a genuine deal as he told me to check with the company for any service. so in law is going to check the truck tomorrow and ill give a update

regards

JC

If I had 8m to spend on a car at the moment it'd be a Mercedes W212. However prices will drop when the new model comes out next year.

+1 on that. Despite the interior being dated, if I was throwing money away, that's the direction I'd throw it in !

Montero Sport? well, it's worse than Fortuner IMO. less bells and whistles. previous Gen was far better specially the V6. Diesel one feels underpowered.

Im not sure if its underpowered but I heard it has a very noticeable turbo lag which weird with a VG turbo.