• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is Best Buy For 8M

Hello Team

I always appreciate the help and ideas from you guys, i just finish buying a replacement vehicle in NZ and my in law got 8 mil on hand and looking to buy something good.

He was looking to buy a TOYOTA Premio G "Superior" and we found 99.99% of them is not "G" or "Superior" and its another scam in SL car dealers, so we made a listt as per below

- 2013 BMW 320D F30 ----- 8M

- 2011 BMW X1 --- 5.5M

- B/N 2015 Hyundai SantaFe Diesel ---- 9.5M

- B/N 2015 SsangYong Rexton Diesel ------ 6.4M

From the above list SantaFe is out as its i call them and price tag is 9.5M which is out of the budget, I have no idea about new Rexton W, i do have a feeling new Rexton may from India if it not from India i think its good value for money and also not sure the price advertise on website is for Permit holders or normal price so if guys do have more detail please share with me, also please share the after sale service and other detail about the above vehicles

If you have any suggestions please do share with me

regards

JC

Hello Team

I always appreciate the help and ideas from you guys, i just finish buying a replacement vehicle in NZ and my in law got 8 mil on hand and looking to buy something good.

He was looking to buy a TOYOTA Premio G "Superior" and we found 99.99% of them is not "G" or "Superior" and its another scam in SL car dealers, so we made a listt as per below

- 2011 BMW X1 --- 5.5M

From the above list SantaFe is out as its i call them and price tag is 9.5M which is out of the budget, I have no idea about new Rexton W, i do have a feeling new Rexton may from India if it not from India i think its good value for money and also not sure the price advertise on website is for Permit holders or normal price so if guys do have more detail please share with me, also please share the after sale service and other detail about the above vehicles

regards

JC

Its not a scam, its actually the 1500cc FL grade Premio with G Superior package( this was discussed here I guess)

Bdw if you're looking for crossover SUV consider the new X-Trail hybrid, im not sure about price but must be within 8mil range

Like Magnum said, the G Superior over here is an actual dealer package that was offered in JPN. The dealers turned it in to a scam like opportunity to milk the public by over charging them.

Also, how about a Mazda 6 ? I guess a VX5 will be out of budget as well as something like a RAV4, XTrail (altjough the 2.0 L is too weak) or Outlander PHEV ? Also saw some Hybrid JDM Camries for a bit over your budget

Its not a scam, its actually the 1500cc FL grade Premio with G Superior package( this was discussed here I guess)

Bdw if you're looking for crossover SUV consider the new X-Trail hybrid, im not sure about price but must be within 8mil range

Hybrid is out of the list mate

2013 BMW 320D F30 for 8M seems reasonable. Some other suggestions

Sedans

Mercedes C180 2013

Toyota Camry Hybrid

Honda Accord Hybrid

Mazda 6 Hybrid

Jeeps

Toyota fortuner

BMW X3

Nissan XTrail

Toyota fortuner is a good option thank you for pointing

Toyota fortuner is a good option thank you for pointing

Out of the List does the BMW X3 XDrive available in SL? thought only the 2WD available here. True Fortuner is a good buy. if i remember correct, TL is gonna launch New RAV4 here soon.

Some say the Fortuner isn't that comfy I don't know if they are expecting too much from it. I haven't been on one so you could get this clarified from someone who has been on one

Edited by Magnum

Some say the Fortuner isn't that comfy I don't know if they are expecting too much from it. I haven't been on one so you could get this clarified from someone who has been on one

two thumbs up for whoever said that. It's one heck of a rigid ride

two thumbs up for whoever said that. It's one heck of a rigid ride

I have spoken with BL y'day and his idea also fortuner is not with that much fortune, he still stick with Rexton W, and any idea about new Challenger 7 seat model? is that also a bumpy ride like Fortuner? Please give your ideas

regards

JC

I have spoken with BL y'day and his idea also fortuner is not with that much fortune, he still stick with Rexton W, and any idea about new Challenger 7 seat model? is that also a bumpy ride like Fortuner? Please give your ideas

regards

JC

Montero Sport? well, it's worse than Fortuner IMO. less bells and whistles. previous Gen was far better specially the V6. Diesel one feels underpowered.

Montero Sport? well, it's worse than Fortuner IMO. less bells and whistles. previous Gen was far better specially the V6. Diesel one feels underpowered.

No way of going for a V6 so diesel is under power lets forget

Hello Team

- 2011 BMW X1 --- 5.5M

regards

JC

I own Rexton W which bought January 2015 and did near 5000Km now. According to my personal experience it is a good SUV for that money ( yes Brand new). Micro was given a loyalty member ship for 3 year or 300000Km (sorry not remember exact) where they do services fully free of charge.

You can’t get much comfort on rear seats when running on bumpy roads, but I got the same feeling when I travel as a passenger in New Montero Sport as well.

Out of curiosity why didn't the Rexton become a hit? I remember back then when it was introduced by Micro plenty of people were talking about it.

A number of reasons

1. Poor after sales support from Micro

2. Higher price of spares

3. Low availability of used body parts made collision repairs quite expensive

4. Common as muck, no prestige attached to the brand and in SL these things matter

5. Dubious build quality

I own Rexton W which bought January 2015 and did near 5000Km now. According to my personal experience it is a good SUV for that money ( yes Brand new). Micro was given a loyalty member ship for 3 year or 300000Km (sorry not remember exact) where they do services fully free of charge.

You can’t get much comfort on rear seats when running on bumpy roads, but I got the same feeling when I travel as a passenger in New Montero Sport as well.

Web site says 64 lks is that price for a permit or non permit?