• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Advice On Buying A Hybrid Car/suv Arround 5 Million

lahiru_carlover

Question

Hybrid vehical is a must because monthly travel more than 2000km.

Now Toyota axio hybrid on top of my list. Toyota Axio G grade can buy less than 50lak.

Toyota prius 2014 also within my budget.

what you recommend from above two?

Please suggest me some other options around that price.

Honda vessel is bit higher than my budget.

Edited by lahiru_carlover

Mazda axela hybrid would be around 5 millions

Better looks, handling and more bells and whisles than axio hybrid.

Do you have any idea about fuel economy of that car?

i checked the car on web and its design is awesome.

Is it a car with stiff suspension? if it has stiff suspension ,it is a biggest negative point,because i need a comfortable car.

Axio hybrid and honda grace are as comfortable as a bajaj three wheeler. Ive been nearly all the jap hybrid cars. All of them r poor in te comfort category. Vezel and axio hybrid are terrible.

My suggestion is to look for a diesel euro if u want both fuel economy and comfort. A well maintained diesel peugeot 407 could be bought around 3.2 mill nowadays.

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Axio hybrid and honda grace are as comfortable as a bajaj three wheeler. Ive been nearly all the jap hybrid cars. All of them r poor in te comfort category. Vezel and axio hybrid are terrible.

My suggestion is to look for a diesel euro if u want both fuel economy and comfort. A well maintained diesel peugeot 407 could be bought around 3.2 mill nowadays.

Yep, in fact Honda Grace is JDM version of Honda City. New Axio Hybrid is Based on Belta.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Ruslan" data-cid="276714" data-time="1430043949"><p>

Yep, in fact Honda Grace is JDM version of Honda City. New Axio Hybrid is Based on Belta.</p></blockquote>

That might explain why new axio has less interior and exterior dimensions than previous 141 model. The first time I sat in a axio hybrid I felt like I was ain an alto.

Now Toyota axio hybrid on top of my list. Toyota Axio G grade can buy less than 50lak.

Since you have specifically stated that you are only interested in hybrids, my personal suggestions are below, though you have lot more attractive non hybrid options.

Toyota Axio Hybrid- Good fuel consumption (Average 28 kmpl). Not a comfortable car in my opinion. Less leg space in the rear compared to conventional petrol model. Not having a good handling or pleasurable ride. Only it will save your fuel saving desire.

Toyota Prius- Equally good fuel consumption as Axio hybrid, Better power and handling than Axio.Much roomier car compared to Axio..and the looks..oh god I will not say anything. Very low ground clearance is something I have noticed when having full passenger capacity. (I used one for almost 2 years)

Honda Grace- Looks really good. Better fuel consumption than both of above cars. Less roomier inside, Comfortable ride and fun to drive.

Mazda Axela Hybrid- Take all the above plus points at it's best..you will get Mazda Axela hybrid..But not fuel efficient as Toyotas and Hondas.

Finally my personal favorite is Mazda Axela Hybrid..I have driven all of the above cars and you got believe me Mazda made me think about hybrids differently. :smilie_liebe9: .

• Like 2

Since you have specifically stated that you are only interested in hybrids, my personal suggestions are below, though you have lot more attractive non hybrid options.

Toyota Axio Hybrid- Good fuel consumption (Average 28 kmpl). Not a comfortable car in my opinion. Less leg space in the rear compared to conventional petrol model. Not having a good handling or pleasurable ride. Only it will save your fuel saving desire.

Toyota Prius- Equally good fuel consumption as Axio hybrid, Better power and handling than Axio.Much roomier car compared to Axio..and the looks..oh god I will not say anything. Very low ground clearance is something I have noticed when having full passenger capacity. (I used one for almost 2 years)

Honda Grace- Looks really good. Better fuel consumption than both of above cars. Less roomier inside, Comfortable ride and fun to drive.

Mazda Axela Hybrid- Take all the above plus points at it's best..you will get Mazda Axela hybrid..But not fuel efficient as Toyotas and Hondas.

Finally my personal favorite is Mazda Axela Hybrid..I have driven all of the above cars and you got believe me Mazda made me think about hybrids differently. :smilie_liebe9: .

Totally agree with you on that. I suggested the Honda Grace because it feels much better to drive than the Toyota's and is a pretty decent car. I haven't driven the Axela hybrid but man that looks really nice compared to the others and should be good to drive.

But if it was me I would ignore the hybrids and maybe go for a BMW X1 or a 320d 2011 for another extra 500k.

• Like 2

In my opinion axio hybrid is a good car.cant agree on rear seat leg space is insufficient.axio hybrid is a comfortable car for its price with good fuel economy and compact design for easy handling

Have you used any car other than Axio hybrid?

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 1

>Yep, in fact Honda Grace is JDM version of Honda City. New Axio Hybrid is Based on Belta.

I have no idea why some say it is based on the Belta....as it is not exclusively so....it shares the same B Platform with a few other cars (no B does not stand for Belta....if at all the platform should be referred to as Vitz platform as it is the Vitz that came with the platform first). The B platform is is used by Toyota for its A, B and C segment cars. Previously C segment cars(which the Axio belongs to at an entry level size) was based on the MC platform which was used for C and D segment cars. So using the same logic the Allion/Premio 240 would have been based on the 121 and 141 Axio and so would have the RAV4 A20 series...the MC platform is old and is being replaced by the NMC platform which is exclusively for D segment cars now.

As for the Axio's ride...well only driven and gone in one in Japan so can't actually say how bouncy or not it is on SL roads. Don't recall feeling much body roll and stuff on bends....but it was strange....not that it was numb but it felt like someone took the numbness of the previous car and tried to put some rubber bands and springs to make it feel like something is happening underneath there.... As to why it might feel hard and bouncy could resort to it perhaps (EDIT: okay my brain was asleep when typing the following so the basic math has been redone) being heavier than the previous model by, on average, 15kg (and about 30kg heavier than the gasoline) and spring rates, etc being harder to handle the weight better ? The bare weight of the car is apparently about 70 kg lighter than the bare weight of the 141. As for space....ironically according to the Japanese Belta specs the Axio is smaller in interior space. :)

As for the Axela...liked it more than the Axio although the Axio did feel less dark in there with larger windows and lower waist lines....only thing I didn't like about it...well it feels hazy like all mainstream Hybrids do, apart form that hated the fact that I couldn't see much out of the rear and from the sides in the back. Felt firm but then so did the Axio. Japan is not a good place to test cars for comfort on bad roads....

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Ruslan" data-cid="276714" data-time="1430043949"><p>Yep, in fact Honda Grace is JDM version of Honda City. New Axio Hybrid is Based on Belta.</p></blockquote>

<br />

I have no idea why some say it is based on the Belta....as it is not exclusively so....it shares the same B Platform with a few other cars (no B does not stand for Belta....if at all the platform should be referred to as Vitz platform as it is the Vitz that came with the platform first). The B platform is is used by Toyota for its A, B and C segment cars. Previously C segment cars(which the Axio belongs to at an entry level size) was based on the MC platform which was used for C and D segment cars. So using the same logic the Allion/Premio 240 would have been based on the 121 and 141 Axio and so would have the RAV4 A20 series...the MC platform is old and is being replaced by the NMC platform which is exclusively for D segment cars now.<br />

<br />

As for the Axio's ride...well only driven and gone in one in Japan so can't actually say how bouncy or not it is on SL roads. Don't recall feeling much body roll and stuff on bends....but it was strange....not that it was numb but it felt like someone took the numbness of the previous car and tried to put some rubber bands and springs to make it feel like something is happening underneath there.... As to why it might feel hard and bouncy could resort to it perhaps being lighter than the previous model by nearly 200kg ? As for space....ironically according to the Japanese Belta specs the Axio is smaller in interior space. :)<br />

<br />

As for the Axela...liked it more than the Axio although the Axio did feel less dark in there with larger windows and lower waist lines....only thing I didn't like about it...well it feels hazy like all mainstream Hybrids do, apart form that hated the fact that I couldn't see much out of the rear and from the sides in the back. Felt firm but then so did the Axio. Japan is not a good place to test cars for comfort on bad roads....

Thanks iRage for the Explanation. yes you are correct. it should be B platform. so the new B Platform sits lower than MC platform (plus new MC platform)? which is previous Corolla (140) and new (170 - International) based on? reason why the new JDM Axio is lower in Dimensions and different setup suspension for rear (Coil and Shock sits separately like in Yaris / Belta).

Whenever I'm provided transport by my company it's almost always a Axio Hybrid or a Prius I have not driven any but have been travelling for a long long time. Axio has a very spartan interior and it's not quite comofortable...that car feels 'strange' for some reason

Prius is better in that aspect but it is as common as leyland buses.

If i were you and if it was my money i'd look towards Honda or Mazda as someone already mentioned...

if i had close to 5Mill to spend on a car...sigh....

Thanks iRage for the Explanation. yes you are correct. it should be B platform. so the new B Platform sits lower than MC platform (plus new MC platform)? which is previous Corolla (140) and new (170 - International) based on? reason why the new JDM Axio is lower in Dimensions and different setup suspension for rear (Coil and Shock sits separately like in Yaris / Belta).

Yes B sits lower than MC and NMC and is primarily intended for smaller vehicles. I think there is a A platform as well used for the Aygo/iQ and some of the other small vehicles shared with CPA.

Yes..the B platform frame whilst still has the torsion beam setup; for better or for worst, is designed to accommodate separate shocks and springs as opposed to the "coil-over-oil" variety. However, I don't know if the separate coil and shock setup has worst ride quality compared to the coil-over-oil setup on a beam. So maybe the suspension guys out there can shed some light on ride quality and handling differences ?

Does the Mazda Axela hybrid carry semi-luxury tax every year?

I think it should carry the semi-luxury tax as Department of Motor Traffic hasn't specifically mentioned any special provision for hybrids..So have to consider based on the petrol engine capacity. Since Axela hybrid comes with a 2000 cc petrol engine it come under semi luxury category (1801 cc to 2000 cc) .

Honda grace car looks far better than axio hybrid car and can buy less than 50 lak.

Anyone travel on that car? howz the comfort?

For me, Honda Grace comfort and handling is better than Axio Hybrid. I have traveled quite a lot on Grace and think that it's a good car..but not the best..It's comparably better than Axio..but Axio is more roomier than Grace as I felt..I think Honda Grace cabin same size as GP5. .

Edited by AbeysinghE