• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1300 Cc

malinda7

Question

13 answers to this question

I don't know about this particular model but since it seems you are asking about 1300 CC Auto Sedans in general - having driven a 1300CC Nissan auto for a long time I can tell you that while it does not have major "pulling issues in hills" (it does have to put in a lot more effort than a 1500 obviously) it does have issues overtaking vehicles.

I don't know about this particular model but since it seems you are asking about 1300 CC Auto Sedans in general - having driven a 1300CC Nissan auto for a long time I can tell you that while it does not have major "pulling issues in hills" (it does have to put in a lot more effort than a 1500 obviously) it does have issues overtaking vehicles.

Thanks for the reply,

As you told does it feel that overtaking is too hard?

I am reffering to Mazda BJ3P year 2000 model comes with 1300 CC engine.

The 1300cc cars are geared differently to an equivalant 1500cc version to make sure you have enough torque for things like climbing mountains, but the engine will higher revs producing the necessary power.

In terms of acceloration, clearly you wont have the acceloration of a higher displacement engine because of the gear ratios but also because the engine produces less power. So you have to adapt your driving style to compensate. Sometimes turn off the AC to a bit of extra boost. To be honest rapid instant acceloration is not the same with an auto box, as it is with a manual.

But remember, the longer you spend in the higher revs, the less your fuel economy will be.

But under normal circumstances a 1300cc engined sedan should not be a massive issue.

The 1300cc cars are geared differently to an equivalant 1500cc version to make sure you have enough torque for things like climbing mountains, but the engine will higher revs producing the necessary power.

In terms of acceloration, clearly you wont have the acceloration of a higher displacement engine because of the gear ratios but also because the engine produces less power. So you have to adapt your driving style to compensate. Sometimes turn off the AC to a bit of extra boost. To be honest rapid instant acceloration is not the same with an auto box, as it is with a manual.

But remember, the longer you spend in the higher revs, the less your fuel economy will be.

But under normal circumstances a 1300cc engined sedan should not be a massive issue.

Thanks Don.. appriciate your valued feed back

Hi guys,

How is the 1300 cc engine sedan car which has auto gear shift. specially i am concern about the mazda BJ3P model. does it have pulling issues in hills with four people. please give your ideas on this.

thanks,

I don't know anything about that particular car but If you frequently drive on mountain roads or do long trips with passengers and a autobox is a must,I suggest you go for a higher capacity engine or a turbo diesel.

I've done my fair share of long trips in 90s,early 2000s auto transmission cars with 1500cc or less and it was hell on earth for me.With passengers and luggage onboard overtaking was almost impossible and this one time an FB15 struggled to go up the road to N'eliya even with the AC off.

But that's just what I've experienced with my driving style so they may suite yours just fine.

We do have a 1300 cc chevrolet cruze and its good shopping car and and good around the town, with the mix driving i am getting about 13km/ l

If the highway is flat then its stick to 100km/h but even with a small hill on highway speed is dropping a lot and still the car is under 100,000 km

Engine stressed a lot for long journeys or with the load

I have no experience with specific Mazda model but hope its the same or little more as the mazda is 1320cc and mine is 1297 cc lol :sport-smiley-003:

regards

JC

This is the reason that 1000CC engines are configured to rev even more (is that why VITZ and Belta 1000 CC engines are damn noisy.?) Considering that there are even 1000 CC sedans - (read the belta, though i don't know as to how they manage to get along) i guess 1300 shouldn't be a huge issue as Don mentioned.

Edited by matroska

You can't really compare a 1000CC Belta engine with a 1300CC Sunny or a Familia and then say if a 1000CC Belta can climb Nuwara Eliya hills then why shouldn't the 1300CC car

Certain 1300CC cars output enough power/torque to climb even steepest hills. Lancer CS1 is a good example. Suzuki Swift is another one but in case of the Swift, its the reduced weight that helps. As far as the 1000CC Belta is concerned, its got VVTi and much lower weight, which makes it able to climb hills.

I have driven 1300CC versions of Nissan Sunny and Mazda BJ3P (both auto tranny). The Sunny was hell even on the slight climb in Pittugala (Malabe). The BJ3P was worse than hell. CS1 was pretty good but if you drive an auto gear CS1 on mountain roads, don't expect it to do more than 6km/l.

To be safe, I would suggest buying a 1500CC car, unless over 80% of your driving happens in Colombo.

For normal city driving with 1-2 passengers 1300 is more than enough. If you frequently travel long distance or mountains and still you want to have a 1300 sedan, stick to a manual one. One thing I noticed in most 1300 or below models is that once you put luggage and passengers at rear, pulling power reduction is siginificant than to a 1500 even in flat roads.

You can't really compare a 1000CC Belta engine with a 1300CC Sunny or a Familia and then say if a 1000CC Belta can climb Nuwara Eliya hills then why shouldn't the 1300CC car

Certain 1300CC cars output enough power/torque to climb even steepest hills. Lancer CS1 is a good example. Suzuki Swift is another one but in case of the Swift, its the reduced weight that helps. As far as the 1000CC Belta is concerned, its got VVTi and much lower weight, which makes it able to climb hills.

I have driven 1300CC versions of Nissan Sunny and Mazda BJ3P (both auto tranny). The Sunny was hell even on the slight climb in Pittugala (Malabe). The BJ3P was worse than hell. CS1 was pretty good but if you drive an auto gear CS1 on mountain roads, don't expect it to do more than 6km/l.

To be safe, I would suggest buying a 1500CC car, unless over 80% of your driving happens in Colombo.

With the experience you have in BJ3P model, i should consider BJ5P then. i was driving 1300 hatch and want to move for a sedan thats why i was looking for you suggestions. thanks.

I had a swift jeep model 2004 and it also had the same issue in climbing hills with a load of 4 people and baggage. So I guess it would be worse with a 1300cc sedan with extra weight than a hatchback. In the case of 1000cc beltas and vitzes it should be even worse. But this issue should be less in 1300cc manual ones. My opinion is for a compact sedan in Sri Lanka ,the ideal engine capacity is 1800cc and for a hatchback 1500cc.

I had a BG3P, but a manual gear version. Mostly did driving in Colombo. Good pulling power. Feels a bit under powered with 5 on board but it wasn't a big issue for me. It was my first car and and fun to drive. Good solid ride. Had scored around 30,000 KM on it. No major repairs. It made me a Mazda lover .:)

• Like 1

I think the auto boxes make life complicated.

My family used to own a BF3V 1300cc wagon, and there was not a road in the country it could not handle. Sometimes to get a bit of extra boost I would turn the AC off but manual transmission helped to get around the power disadvantage. The higher gear ratios helped with the acceloration as well but limited top speed.