• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Pulsar -Car Cranks But Won't Start (Ga15De-Engine)-Auto

Nimz77

You are taking the thread OT.

I asume the current engine you have is a 4G13 carb version. Changing to a 1500cc in your case is relatively simple as the 4G15 EFI (there is a carb version as well) will drop right in without needing to fabricate anything.

You will definitely need

1. Engine

2. Gearbox

3. Wiring loom

4. ECU

5. Fuel pump and possibly fuel tank if the fuel pump cannot be installed into existing tank

6. New engine compartment fuse box which will complement the wiring loom.

7. Air filter box and lines

Apart from this you might need

1. New Radiator (if the 1500cc version has a different one, which I don't think is likely but needs to be checked)

2. Engine mounts (again you can probably get away with this)

3. Instrument cluster if your current one does not have the lights needed for the EFI system like check engine. I have a feeling they are the same with certain lights disabled but needs to be checked out

The cost, I have no idea. Probably going to be six figures.

A 4G15 carb model will be much simpler to drop in as you would probably only need engine and gearbox.

@The Don - Thanks for the lengthy explanation :) I just gave up that idea :D

Guys just asking.. I know my quiz isn't related to this. But I don't want to create new thread to discuss this. Therefore following are my concerns;

I have a Mitsubishi cb1 car (1300 cc carb model) where I'm curious on doing the following may be someday :sad-smiley-067:

1. Is it possible to switch my carb engine with a EFI 1500 engine ?

2. If yes, what would be the best suitable engine (racing isn't my highest priority :sport-smiley-004: using this as a daily runner)?

3. What are the other things that should be changed along with this swap ?

4. roughly how much will it cost ? only for parts ?

Just curious to know that's it.. If anyone can help me out that would be great :)

Note : There are no issues with the carb, just curious to know the cost and needed parts that's all...

Cheers

Your CR will become duplicate next time (if you inform DMT, if not it's considered as an offence )

• 4 weeks later...
when i start my car in the morning, start in one ignition.but if car warmed i have to try ignition 2,3 time for start engine...

even no improvement after engine tuneup...pls advise...

no errors found for engine scan...

this problem related to coolant temp sensor???

Did you check the battery?

I had exactly the same issue with my FN15. I have checked the battery & one cell was not good. I have replaced the battery & didn't had the issue until now. Now almost 4 months :)

Edited by mhtp

Did you check the battery?

I had exactly the same issue with my FN15. I have checked the battery & one cell was not good. I have replaced the battery & didn't had the issue until now. Now almost 4 months :)

Yes...New battery...

• 2 weeks later...

I also have a GA15 engine. I am an auto electrician and work on many problems like this.

My car wouldn't start two weeks ago, no spark, so I got my wife to bring the second hand distributor in the garage so I could fit it. That worked for a week but then I had trouble again on the weekend when I tried to start it with a warm engine. I could see the rev counter not moving then it started bouncing and eventually the car started.

We have had problems in the past where a starter motor, on a NIssan, with worn brushes can cause a frequency from the arcing that interferes with the ECU and it won't start.

A test to do if it is a manual car is to see if it will push-start - that eliminates the starter motor from the equation and if it will push start but won't crank-start there is a good chance it is the starter. I've ordered new starter to fit to mine just in case.

With mine it was also when the car was warm.

Edited by Desmond

• 6 months later...
I also have a GA15 engine. I am an auto electrician and work on many problems like this.

My car wouldn't start two weeks ago, no spark, so I got my wife to bring the second hand distributor in the garage so I could fit it. That worked for a week but then I had trouble again on the weekend when I tried to start it with a warm engine. I could see the rev counter not moving then it started bouncing and eventually the car started.

We have had problems in the past where a starter motor, on a NIssan, with worn brushes can cause a frequency from the arcing that interferes with the ECU and it won't start.

A test to do if it is a manual car is to see if it will push-start - that eliminates the starter motor from the equation and if it will push start but won't crank-start there is a good chance it is the starter. I've ordered new starter to fit to mine just in case.

With mine it was also when the car was warm.

Just as an update, since the thread was bumped up - my car has not given trouble again since replacing the starter motor.

• Like 1