• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Beware Of Car Theft-Kimbulawela Walking Tracks

Nimz77

Today evening when i go to Kimbulawela Walking Tracks(Car park close to Jayawardenapura Hospital) time 6.30pm ...i have park my car one of car park slot inside the car park. But after 2 hours’ time when i came to my car.. Somebody has open my car door also stolen car Floor Mats and some money in my car ...

i don't have security system in my car

Im looking for car security system ,...but how they open my car door?

Today evening when i go to Kimbulawela Walking Tracks(Car park close to Jayawardenapura Hospital) time 6.30pm ...i have park my car one of car park slot inside the car park. But after 2 hours’ time when i came to my car.. Somebody has open my car door also stolen car Floor Mats and some money in my car ...

i don't have security system in my car

Im looking for car security system ,...but how they open my car door?

Is you car door locks are old? Bcos when i try to find any kind of clue i was able to open the door with another key (different model car). So what i did was replaced all the locks including ignition key. If you decide to change your keys make sure you has smart keys or not. Bcos if its smart key you would be able to open the door and put key to ignition position but car wont start.

For car security systems there are multiple places including S@nL@nka where you can buy car security systems, decent kit would be starting around 8K-12K with free installation. And if you car does not have central locking, a central locking unit would cost around 5K (can't remember the exact amount i spent).

I had a same kind of incident at the Kelaniya Temple. I've lost bags, some money, even the headunit. When we go to police we got to know that there is a group that they do this and they are investigating.. :speechless-smiley-004::speechless-smiley-004: . Best thing is not to keep anything inside the car, not even coins. If you headunit is detachable remove it and take it with you. Either way it would be very hard to get rid of these thiefs and some times they are useful too, eg if by any chance if your car gets locked whiles keys inside its a piece of cake for them to open the door right?

Anyways, try to change your locks and fix a decent security system to your car.

Those who are engaged in this type of theft are well organized. They come in a tuk-tuk and park it next to you and observe your movements. Then they open the car and grab whatever possible. As kmeeg explained above locks can be easily opened.

Is you car door locks are old? Bcos when i try to find any kind of clue i was able to open the door with another key (different model car). So what i did was replaced all the locks including ignition key. If you decide to change your keys make sure you has smart keys or not. Bcos if its smart key you would be able to open the door and put key to ignition position but car wont start.

For car security systems there are multiple places including S@nL@nka where you can buy car security systems, decent kit would be starting around 8K-12K with free installation. And if you car does not have central locking, a central locking unit would cost around 5K (can't remember the exact amount i spent).

I had a same kind of incident at the Kelaniya Temple. I've lost bags, some money, even the headunit. When we go to police we got to know that there is a group that they do this and they are investigating.. :speechless-smiley-004::speechless-smiley-004: . Best thing is not to keep anything inside the car, not even coins. If you headunit is detachable remove it and take it with you. Either way it would be very hard to get rid of these thiefs and some times they are useful too, eg if by any chance if your car gets locked whiles keys inside its a piece of cake for them to open the door right?

thanks kmeeg...for replaced all the locks including ignition key any idea about costing?any place?my car model is nissan pulsar cj1 ..yom 1998-auto...also where i can check this locks...?

Edited by Nimz77

thanks Rumesh& kmeeg...my budget is less than 7k for secuirty system .planning to purchase Inwells . from advan**ca**dio...or anything meet with budget?

Any place to complaint for Parks ?police or defence.?....few months ago there was an army teams for car park and Walking Tracks...but now no one

Edited by Nimz77

thanks kmeeg...for replaced all the locks including ignition key any idea about costing?any place?my car model is nissan pulsar cj1 ..yom 1998-auto...also where i can check this locks...?

Our usual garage did the change of locks part. Security system was done at S@nL@nka Kandana branch. They have enough space in that place to do it cleanly and nicely. Other places will also have same kind of security systems. I think you should be able to get a basic security system for your budget. If you are in a tight budget check for prices in several reputed places.

Regarding the complain i would say don't have high hopes. Report an incident in near by police and its up to them to stop or ignore these kind of things.Best thing is to protect our selves and take precautions. BTW that's just my opinion.

Edited by kmeeg

Where exactly did you park your car? Is it near the byroad which starts from the big bend of Jayawardenapura hospital road? or the car park in the restaurant area?

I am asking because me too going to the same track and need to be more vigilant hereafter.

I saw one incident at Ambagaha handiya (buthgamuwa road) food city car park a late evening about one year back . Thieves had broken the quarter glass of rear passenger door (which has designed to break easily) and then open the rear door and took the laptop.

Same incident was happen to my friend just after one week near kadawatha. (May be same gang has done those two cases)

So, the most important thing is,

whether you have a security system or not, don't put any valuables which can easily taken (laptop, hand bag, smart phones, etc) inside the car (you may put them at least under the seat) if you park and go.

Once a friend taught me how to unlock a car using a thin "sadambu-lanuwak" :D He unlocked his alto by that method.(slipknot) Lost faith in car locks ever since and got a security system installed :v and made sure to buy a car with a flipping lock instead of a press-pull one :)

Edited by Jor-el

Where exactly did you park your car? Is it near the byroad which starts from the big bend of Jayawardenapura hospital road? or the car park in the restaurant area?

I am asking because me too going to the same track and need to be more vigilant hereafter.

Left side (car park in the restaurant area)..even i spoke to restaurant manager...

It happened to me and the insurance covered the full amount for audio player, broken plastic etc. I think generally they cover the passenger cars.

Damage to the car will be covered, not belongings stolen

• 3 weeks later...

The best recommended / discussed position for the shock sensor is usually the steering column, to the metal casing in which the steering shaft swivels, free of wires, most suitably under the gauge cluster, if accessible or under the steering column cover, top piece or bottom piece. This place is the safest as it will trigger incase the wheel is rotated, and is likely to save the car from being stolen, but not your belongings, various ancillaries and accessories

I have also tried mounting to the inner fender, where the front fender attaches to, so that it can catch vibrations along the entire subframe, also tried the front firewall, and a certain front brace/ strut running right across the dashboard (may not be applicable for all cars). The issue with these places is it tends to trigger the alarm quite often.

Please note these are from DIY experience, as I am not a professional installer of these units.

Talking about shock sensor, one more experience I have is how you set the sensitivity of the shock sensor. When you set the sensitivity to go off the alarm on a kick to the tire (probably the back tire which is most away from the sensor) you can't park along the road because every time a vehicle goes by the alarm goes. Also when there is lightning and thunder the alarm goes to. You would need to adjust the sensitivity to your preference. Or else in those conditions would have to lock the car in silent mode and only lights will be activated.