• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fans Works In High Speed Continuously

sampa

Question

Hi guys,

I have a TI Carina (212) 1500 CC . Some times both radiator fans works in High Speed continuously with out cutting off. As far as I know there is no way of these fans working in a cold start when the ignition switch is on. In my case it works

This does not happen every day but on and off the fans runs on high speed with out stopping. During this time heat meter does not go to half way mark but it stays quarter level (Below the half way mark of the heat meter)

I checked with a electrical guy in Bosh center and he said initially it it is some this wrong with the AC plug which is near the radiator (when he short circuit fans stops). This plug was re placed recently during a AC repair.

any idea why these fans run on high speed with out cutting off

Your expert thoughts are highly Appreciated

Thanks in advance,

Sampa

Edited by sampa

4 answers to this question

Well I do not know what the AC plug is. But if it is a thermostat or thermostatic switch, you need to replace with originals, as switches might fit in the hole, but might operate at different systems.

Is yours a dual speed system?

When the AC is switched on, normally the fans are on continously. The fans only come on when necessary without AC. You will have to explain what scenario you need to explain above.

Also when the thermostatic switch is faulty or there is a break in the signal from the switch to the delay, the radiator fan will come on when you turn the switch to the on position. This is a particular type of circuit though I'm not sure which one you have.

But those are the things you must investigate.

yes there is a/c pressure switch (I guess this is the one on to the left side of the radiator). I thick Bosh center guy check this and this was re place during the AC repair I did. He short circuit the connector and during the short circuit process both fan stops and when release fans start working again.