• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hornet 250 Wont Start When Engine Is Hot

sira

Friends

Since I brought this bike plug 1 is dark and other are ok (white tip) so tried to do few tune-up and finally same issue. I also dismantle the 4 carbs and cleaned again last week but same issue. The jest was on 1,2,3 may have mixed with each other (4th carb jet and needle is different and it did not mixed up) during this process

even thought 1,2,3 mixed with jets and needle , still 1st plug is dark. what cause of this issue? no miss fire, no wobbling, could it be valve issue?

please advice

As far as I can remember needles are the same for all four but corner jet (No. 4) is different but that too by a small margin. What is a the difference you observe in the needle (diameter, shape, length..)?

Usually these needles (made of an alloy to reduce weight) get worn out very quickly and that's one of the reasons for its bad reputation on fuel consumption and difficulty in synchronizing. Other thing that can happen is the loss of tension (or resilience) in the rubber diaphragm. It cannot be an issue with a valve cos', if so, you should have observed a noticeable wobble at low revs.

Edit: Get the No. 4 carb tuned using a color tune kit. That should solve the problem.

Edited by Rumesh88

As far as I can remember needles are the same for all four but corner jet (No. 4) is different but that too by a small margin. What is a the difference you observe in the needle (diameter, shape, length..)?

Usually these needles (made of an alloy to reduce weight) get worn out very quickly and that's one of the reasons for its bad reputation on fuel consumption and difficulty in synchronizing. Other thing that can happen is the loss of tension (or resilience) in the rubber diaphragm. It cannot be an issue with a valve cos', if so, you should have observed a noticeable wobble at low revs.

Edit: Get the No. 4 carb tuned using a color tune kit. That should solve the problem.

If the carburettor is VP03- then follow this diagram:

• 1 year later...