• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Axela Hybrid

adilisme

Hi Guys,

What do you guys think of the Axela Hybrid? Are there any owners here?

Would like to know the general feedback on fuel consumption / maintenance...etc

I was initially going for a Subaru XV hybrid but for the same price there is an Axela hybrid. I like both vehicles but the Subaru might not have a strong resale value compared to Mazda and also the fuel consumption for a hybrid is very poor as well.

I would like your thoughts on this.

Regards,

Adil

Good Day AL Members,

I would like to seek your professional advise on buying a Mazda Axela Hybrid.

It looks great, it's got a lot of gizmo's, decent sound system (Bose) and overall the Hybrid Motor is paired to a 2L engine.

My main concerns are:

• Can this be considered as a daily runner and how efficient can it be with a 2L motor.
  • Any owner of the new Axela to provide info on performance Vs. efficiency.
  • Sadly not much details of reviews on the net :( or from Mazda. Colonial only do the standard 1.5L engine.
  • My previous ride was a Impreza GC1 hence which was sold just yesterday, Expecting similar ride quality but definitely looking for something for 2014/ 2105 production years.
  • The GC1 was with me for almost 9 years, although it rarely gave me any issue of long staying days in the workshop for mechanical reasons, it was just the wear tear's.
  • Hope such reliability can be expected from the new Axela as well.
  • Any other suggested buys within the 5.5 mill to 6.0 mill price range, yes I know the famous Vezel is the same budget however do not want to buy it as it has become so common almost like the Bajaj tuk tuks.
  • Will the Axela Hybrid retain a re-sale value in the SL market even though it's of my last concern thus last on the list.

Cheers.

Good Day AL Members,

I would like to seek your professional advise on buying a Mazda Axela Hybrid.

It looks great, it's got a lot of gizmo's, decent sound system (Bose) and overall the Hybrid Motor is paired to a 2L engine.

My main concerns are:

• Can this be considered as a daily runner and how efficient can it be with a 2L motor.
  • Any owner of the new Axela to provide info on performance Vs. efficiency.
  • Sadly not much details of reviews on the net :( or from Mazda. Colonial only do the standard 1.5L engine.
  • My previous ride was a Impreza GC1 hence which was sold just yesterday, Expecting similar ride quality but definitely looking for something for 2014/ 2105 production years.
  • The GC1 was with me for almost 9 years, although it rarely gave me any issue of long staying days in the workshop for mechanical reasons, it was just the wear tear's.
  • Hope such reliability can be expected from the new Axela as well.
  • Any other suggested buys within the 5.5 mill to 6.0 mill price range, yes I know the famous Vezel is the same budget however do not want to buy it as it has become so common almost like the Bajaj tuk tuks.
  • Will the Axela Hybrid retain a re-sale value in the SL market even though it's of my last concern thus last on the list.

Cheers.

Axela Hybrid is honestly too new for anyone to have any serious experience with it. So It will be a case of trying it out and seeing.

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/16794-decided-what-to-buy-opinions-appreciated/

That thread has a run down of the options available in that price range. In the end we decided on a slightly used Mazda 6, which I honestly think has the very best bang for the buck in the price range.

One of my friends bought a 3 from colonial. it was then 5.3M. I believe it is 5.7 now. The Axela Hybrid is 5.9M. The notable difference is the 2L engine, electronic climate control, seat heaters, head up display)Even with all the options and gadgets on the Hybrid my friend decided to on the Mazda 3 because,

1. Fuel was not an issue for him.

2.There was no proper documented warranty from the seller who had the Axela.

3.At Colonial they told that there was an Axela with a cracked windscreen waiting for a replacement from colonial. Even they could not find one from Japan as the Mazda 3 and Axela windscreens are two different sizes. (according to them)

An another friend said his friends Axela is doing about 17-20 KMPL in Colombo.

Like Supra said best is to get used 6 or a brand new 3. The 3 and the 6 looks the best on the current market for that price range.

If you are considering a 6 (and I honestly think you should), I can give you a run down of the ones that are currently on the market as I went to have a look at them all before finding the one I finally bought.

3.At Colonial they told that there was an Axela with a cracked windscreen waiting for a replacement from colonial. Even they could not find one from Japan as the Mazda 3 and Axela windscreens are two different sizes. (according to them)

Not sure about the Axela/Mazda 3 but I know for some cars this very well would be the case....in some markets because of things like the winter package (which has wiper heaters),etc...the windscreen can be slightly larger than the models intended for other markets that do not have such packages/accessories/etc...

I read somewhere that the Axela hybrid uses the Toyota Hybrid System alongside a mazda engine with skyactive tech.

Yes, Mazda has taken it from Toyota....

If you are considering a 6 (and I honestly think you should), I can give you a run down of the ones that are currently on the market as I went to have a look at them all before finding the one I finally bought.

Hi Supra,

It would be really appreciated if you could share this info, did you come across any with the 2.5L motor and sunroof ???

Thank you loads.

Hi Supra,

It would be really appreciated if you could share this info, did you come across any with the 2.5L motor and sunroof ???

Thank you loads.

Check your PM, sent you a message. Sadly no 2.5 models, if I had seen one would have probably bought it!

Edited by Supra_Natural

Hi Machan,

Whats the fuel consumption like?

adilisme

Maybe then they are testing the waters with the axela first.

Hopefully it will get applied on the 6/atenza as well.

Could be...but then during the time the new Axela was launched (without the Hybrid) Mazda said they were not interested in Hybrids as they can achieve real world figures that match those of the Hybrid models available at the time...so who knows what they are conspiring :P

Hi Machan,

Whats the fuel consumption like?

adilisme

Its doing between 8.5 and 10 in colombo at the moment. Don't know outstation as yet, must check and see. Obviously not Hybrid level of economy but pretty darn good for a 2.0L automatic saloon of this size (its the same size as an F10 5 series, with more room inside)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi AL Members

My Mazda Axela Hybrid & Mazda 6 Hunt, ended up elsewhere.

I bought myself a completely different beast nonetheless a 2007 Mazda "RX-8"

Yes It's a Vankel Rotary "Renesis" Motor & Needs to be pampered & taken care of like your kids.

But what the hell from the reviews on almost all the sites, the feeling of driving it pays them all of.

I have a couple of friends who used to have the 2004 variants of it, they were all manual however mine's the one with a 6 speed automatic with paddle shifts...

Unfortunately not in SL to drive it yet eagerly waiting for my vacation to do so, the baby has to be parked till I arrive ....

A concern I have is that the previous owner has used a Castrol Formula synthetic, whereas Mazda recommends 5W-20 regular motor oil in the car.

Where can I source the 5W-20 regular (non-synthetic oil in SL)?

Is it suggested to continue with the same oil used or should I flush out the engine and use only 5W-20 as recommended by Mazda.

From what I've understood so far is than Synthetic oils do not burn completely, thus remain with a thin film within chamber that shall damage the gasket/ rings of the chamber. Not sure up to which extent this is true, however seeking A/L professionals valuable input.

Thank guys specially Supra for your valuable inputs.

Edited by Rudimental

• 3 years later...