• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Axela Grades

harshana89

19 minutes ago, Quiet said:

so its cheaper to import an Axela with more options than buying a 3 from colonial.

Well, we should not forget that what Colonial offers is brand new and they give 3 years warranty. This axela we're talking about is manufactured in 2016 and reconditioned.

Also Mazda 3 which is offered to us by the agents in SL are 1.6L, so falls into a different tax regime.

also having done some research it seems there is not much difference in driving experience between the 1.6 mzr and 1.5 skyactiv. Both engines feel very similar. The big difference is the 6 speed skyactiv auto box which is smoother and more responsive than the old 4 speed auto. Of course you get loads of options on the JDM which is nice. 

Now a 2 litre skyactiv with a 6 speed manual box would be fun on that chasis! 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Quiet said:

so its cheaper to import an Axela with more options than buying a 3 from colonial.

According to the Car sales people the calculated Mazda Axela 2017/late 2016  Hybrid Model would be more than 11.5 million, since CC capacity based new Tax calculation alone comes around 8.5 million. That is what rulers had done for Hybrids. So the market has been opened for more BMW & Mercedes.

Best way to purchase an Axela is to get a 15S Proactive with same options as suggested by Sathyajith99 , which comes near Toyota Allion price tag or slightly less,

Hi.. i m new to AL forum.. i wanted to get a mazda axela 15s proactiv for my permit.. but same hapned to me also.. 1st, car dealers didnt knw abt dat model atall. 2ndly they continously sugested to get an axio or a grace instead of spend their time to find a vehicle for me.. tried very hard last couple of months to get a fully loaded one.. but eventualy had to enddup in a basic 15s proactiv.. today i got d car.. and like it very much though some options are missing..

8 hours ago, sam16 said:

Hi.. i m new to AL forum.. i wanted to get a mazda axela 15s proactiv for my permit.. but same hapned to me also.. 1st, car dealers didnt knw abt dat model atall. 2ndly they continously sugested to get an axio or a grace instead of spend their time to find a vehicle for me.. tried very hard last couple of months to get a fully loaded one.. but eventualy had to enddup in a basic 15s proactiv.. today i got d car.. and like it very much though some options are missing..

What are the options missed as you say.?

9 hours ago, sam16 said:

photos please

I think 15s proactive is the fully loaded version. Whats the speaker configuration. What I could understand from translated Japanese mazda site is that 15s comes with 6 speakers. But there's a another speaker like outer mesh is seen in middle of the dash. Is it a speaker or an AC vent?

52 minutes ago, H.C said:

I think 15s proactive is the fully loaded version. Whats the speaker configuration. What I could understand from translated Japanese mazda site is that 15s comes with 6 speakers. But there's a another speaker like outer mesh is seen in middle of the dash. Is it a speaker or an AC vent?

Not really. According to the following things like

- BOSE Audio System

- TV with digital channels

- Rear trunk spoiler

- Auto folding door mirrors

- 10 way memory seats

- LED Wanker mirrors

- 18x7J alloy wheels

- SCBS

- SBS 

- MRCC

- Rear parking Sensor

- DAA

Interesting that things like SCBS and SBS are optional even in the ProActive because I thought the whole idea of the ProActive was to have proactive safety and driver assist features already packaged in (based on what Mazda said initially).

http://www.mazda.co.jp/globalassets/assets/cars/pdf/axela/axela_specification_201704.pdf

@Sam, what are the options that you have missed in 15s proactive?. Today I opened LC for a 15s proactive. It doesn't have Bose audio and trunk spoiler. But most of the other stuff are there. How is your speaker configuration?

33 minutes ago, sam16 said:

But fully loaed 1 comes with radar cruise control, memory seats, heaters...

I think Sunroof & Alloy wheels are also optional.

It is very difficult to find a fully loaded one unless ordered brand new. Most of the Japanese people buy with standard facilities.

Local dealers prevent to send brand new JDMs vehicles out of Japan. They also take the mandate of spare parts for Local models and JDMs too.

American models are full of safety features / other (Standard) than JDMs , but having the problem of LHD . 

42 minutes ago, Rohnd said:

Local dealers prevent to send brand new JDMs vehicles out of Japan. They also take the mandate of spare parts for Local models and JDMs too.

This has nothing to do with dealers...that is the regulation. The manufacturers are not allowed to sell a car  to anyone (or take it off their stock for that matter) without registering it. Only time they can do it is to transfer the stock to another dealer/agent or with a temporary registration plate which means the car temporarily gets registered to the dealer.

If anyone wants to buy a brand new car in Japan to export you have to register it and deregister it. Which is what people do and which is wy even those "0" mileage cars on paper get recorded as "USED".

When you take the car out of Japan alot of things that get covered by the warranty gets nullified.

2 hours ago, H.C said:

I thought Bose audio,18 alloy wheel ,trunk spoiler are optional items.

Yes they are....

1 hour ago, sam16 said:

It has 7 speakers.but not the bose sound system. my 1 dsnt hav radar cruise and memory seats.... 

The options list says 6...what are the 7 you have ?

49 minutes ago, Rohnd said:

I think Sunroof & Alloy wheels are also optional.

It is very difficult to find a fully loaded one unless ordered brand new. Most of the Japanese people buy with standard facilities.

The 18" are optional...the standard wheel for the S Proactiv is 16x6.5J allow wheels.

About what Japanese people buy....not really...it depends on what the dealer promotes. Most of the time the dealer offers certain features at a special price. 

To be honest I think the ProActiv is a stepping stone. Mazda seems to be committed in making all these features a standard for their SkyActiv platform (remember SkyActiv is not just an engine..it is an entire platform/framework). So once all this makes it in as a standard on the SkyActiv platform there will be no S (or no specific ProActiv) because all the grades will be offered with the "ProActiv" features the ProActiv version comes with.

9 hours ago, H.C said:

I think 7th one is placed centrally in the dashboard.

That is interesting....Are you sure there is a speaker in there ?

Because the center dash speaker (80mm mid and high range) is supposed to come only with the BOSE Audio system which has 9 speakers. So that just might be a black space with the mesh cover on top. Never heard of a 7 speaker config for the car...just the 4 speaker and the 6 speaker (which the S Proactiv comes with). 

1 hour ago, H.C said:

You may be right. But when I inquired about some what similar setup in 2L mazda 6 displayed at colonial showroom,the marketing executive said that it contains a speaker.

Well...you really can't compare different models and even the same model between regions. For example the Atenza comes with either a 4 speaker setup or the 11 speaker BOSE system in Japan. In Singapore and Vietnam there is a 6 speaker setup and a 11 speaker BOSE setup.

The 6 speaker setup in the Mazda 6 you get 

- 2x3.5" in the dash

- 2x8" on the front doors

- 2x6.5" on the rear doors

As you can see the locations for the other 5 speakers (if the BOSE system was installed) have a plastic cover under the mesh. So I would reckon the Axela/Mazda 3 has the same layout.

but who knows...maybe for the SL market Mazda decided to stick a speaker in the center dash speaker location as well :D

4G00CH2.jpg

• Like 1