• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Axela Grades

harshana89

Â

Is this available for the Axela? Rear vehicle warning seems to be a good feature.Â

Some of these features come with axela hybrid ,but the whole package is only available with Mazda 6 2.5L and CX-5 as far as I know. But Mazdas brought down to SL through agents, are missing this technology. :( Edited by sathyajithj99

• 3 months later...

Came across a few more differences between the Mazda axela hybrid sold at local car sales and the Mazda 3 which is imported through agents. 

Mazda axela hybrid has the tail lamp with LED'S and also a design which they call the signature lamp which looks pretty cool at night.

Mazda 3 imported through agents has a halogen tail lamp with no signature lamp.

FREE-SHIPPING-NEW-MAZDA-3-LED-TAIL-LIGHT-REAR-LAMP-ASSEMBLY-FOR-AXELA.jpg

• 8 months later...

I too looking for non hybrid facelifted axela hatchback. I haven't  seen one here in SL yet. Specifically  looking at 15 s provactive as its 1.5L non hybrid variant . Hope its comes under tax bracket like 1.5l premio. 

@irage, Have you driven the new axela?. Any input on this is really helpful .

9 hours ago, H.C said:

I too looking for non hybrid facelifted axela hatchback. I haven't  seen one here in SL yet. Specifically  looking at 15 s provactive as its 1.5L non hybrid variant . Hope its comes under tax bracket like 1.5l premio. 

@irage, Have you driven the new axela?. Any input on this is really helpful .

Yes I have driven the new Axela....all Petrol (1.5 and even the 2.0L from the pre-facelift sportsback), Diesel and Hybrid variants. It was okay...I liked the petrol for its quiet refinement its not sluggish and with the gearbox has decent response...but you are not going to be doing any better or worst than any other 1.5L. Obviously the 2.0L was a lot more fun and electrifying than the 1.5L. Hybrid was..well even in normal mode it has some decent pick up and go and actually is better than the 1.5L in that regard...Diesel Skyactive..well sounded like a tractor, felt very flat but had some decent pull and go. 

EDIT: I seriously doubt anyone will be bringing in the pure gasoline variant unless on special order. Kind of like the Axio gasoline...don't think the masses will buy the gasoline when the hybrid is..uhumm..."cheaper...*cough*cough* so the car importers would be less inclined to bring anything that would be harder to move off their lot.

Edited by iRage

Looking at 1.5l due to the lower tax compared to 2l. Planning to bring it down for the permit. Colonial said that they don't bring diesal skyactive for 6 as our diesel is not compatible. So only option is 1.5 or 2l petrol.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Mazda Axela Skyactiv 2L hybrid grade differences

Hybrid C

0501010A30170325W00219.jpg.889338bda5a4930615e19880a65e5590.jpg

Hybrid S

0120308A30170509W00111.jpg

Hybrid S + L Package

0703622A30160426W00209.jpg

Glad that we have at least few of the features of Mazda i-activesense safety package

SCBS - Smart City Brake Support

RVM - Rear Vehicle Monitoring

AFS - Adaptive Front Lighting       System

LDW - Lane Departure Warning

Edited by sathyajithj99
  • Like 1

Mazda i-activesense options list for 2016/17 Axela facelift models

Circle - available

Triangle - optional

i-activsense_table_1607_ts.1607140150089770.png.89faaec4ba2d1e537cc49df5f1130a60.png

ALH - Adaptive LED Headlight

SCBS - Smart City Brake Support

SCBS R - Smart City Brake Support                            Reverse

SBS - Smart Brake Support

TSR - Traffic Sign Recognition

BSM & RCTA - Blind Spot Monitoring &                               Rear Cross Traffic Alert

LAS & LDWS - Lane keep Assisting                                     System & Lane Departure                           Warning System

DAA - Driver Attention Alert

MRCC - Mazda Radar Cruise Control

26 minutes ago, H.C said:

Thanks for posting . Is this from Japanese mazda site?. Studying about new axela as Ive ordered a 15s proactive

Yes, this is from Japanese Mazda site.

Wow, that's great. 15s proactive seems to be loaded with options and would handle even better with G Vectoring control.

So I guess you personally import this one, because only a few importers are willing to import this model. I'm glad if I could help you with any doubts you have regarding this model. I've done some homework on this one so if you have anything just post.

Edited by sathyajithj99

16 hours ago, H.C said:

Thanks mate. Yes, most of the importers don't even know such a car is exsisting and worst part is people trying to convince me to bring down a premio over a axela.

Same happened to me. They always try to sell Premio and Allion saying that they will have a better second hand market. I told them I don't care about that. What was the price they quoted for the Axela? The price I was quoted was even less than a 2016 Allion. More bells and whistles and driving pleasure for a lesser price.

12 minutes ago, H.C said:

Thats a great news! .Have you ordered a one. I couldn't find a one in the auction. Found a one from a dealer for 2040000jpy.

That price sounds about right. I have been keeping an eye on this model for some time now, but I have to delay ordering one for another few months due to some personal matters.

Anyway I'm so glad to find someone interested in this model. Please update us on the car.

@Sathyajith,Is i loop technology available with 15s proactive?.
According to colonial,i stop uses starter motor and 12v battery. Therefore they don't recommend to use it frequently. But I read somewhere that it uses combustion energy to restart. Whats your idea?

1 hour ago, H.C said:

@Sathyajith,Is i loop technology available with 15s proactive?.
According to colonial,i stop uses starter motor and 12v battery. Therefore they don't recommend to use it frequently. But I read somewhere that it uses combustion energy to restart. Whats your idea?

Sadly i-eloop Regenerative Braking System is not available with Axela 15s Proactive. AFAIK it is available with Mazda 6  2.5L and high end Mazda 3 models. Also with SUVs such as CX 5 and above.

I-stop technology is used by a lot of automobile manufacturers now. I don't think it will effect the 12V battery that much. Quite useful when driving in heavy traffic. This link would be useful to understand the new techs available with Mazda such as Skyactiv, i-eloop, I stop.

http://www.mazda.com/en/innovation/technology/env/i-stop/

1 hour ago, sathyajithj99 said:

I-stop technology is used by a lot of automobile manufacturers now. I don't think it will effect the 12V battery that much. Quite useful when driving in heavy traffic. This link would be useful to understand the new techs available with Mazda such as Skyactiv, i-eloop, I stop.

http://www.mazda.com/en/innovation/technology/env/i-stop/

Interesting tit bit about i-Stop...Japanese authorities are requesting local manufacturers to change the design of i-stop systems and to provide extensive "user training" to people buying cars with i-stop.

Why you might ask ?

The last few months have seen a scary number of people just getting out of their cars when i-stop kicks in thinking the car is "stopped" (in a parked and walk away kind of way). So yes...when they wanted to park they just pulled up...stepped on the brakes...i-stop kicks in..they get out. The result ? people getting thrown out of the cars whilst trying to get out to a few incidents of the car rolling off and hitting surrounding objects :D

@iRage - interesting. I guess that's what happens when you don't know the options available with your car. (Applies to most Sri Lankans)

Here are some options you'll get with a Mazda Axela 15s Proactive and not with a so called  " G SUPERIOR" Premio.:P

HUD - Head Up Display ( With Traffic sign recognition)

0202019A20170407R00312.jpg.ab31140ce4921066635f703fd8f6483a.jpg

Seat Heaters + Steering wheel heater

0560151A30170126W00313.jpg.b260027e16f42b807ad6a1522e04ef04.jpg

ALH - Adaptive LED Headlight

0201240A20170411R00317.jpg.56437f1daba053dc7f3ed967f3a416eb.jpg

0202019A20170407R00309.jpg.86001a243319fbc5d0294444a1b48143.jpg

0202019A20170407R00311.jpg.c5807fb8caea9bb59d26495e88e2e81c.jpg

Paddle Shifts

0701742A30170331W00108.jpg.68959fc35a7cced1937eabba5bfc41a2.jpg

1 hour ago, sathyajithj99 said:

Sadly i-eloop Regenerative Braking System is not available with Axela 15s Proactive. AFAIK it is available with Mazda 6  2.5L and high end Mazda 3 models. Also with SUVs such as CX 5 and above.

It is pretty much available across the board on revamped 2.0 and 2.5 petrols and 2.2D Atenzas, CX-3 (which in Japan comes online in 1.5D form) and Axela 2.2Ds

It is not necessarily on whether it is Proactive or <some letter package> but more about the drive train and chassis. Read somewhere that that Mazda is still working on getting it to be efficient with the 1.5L engines. Ironically, they seem to have chosen not to have i-eloop on the revamped CX-5...

3 minutes ago, iRage said:

It is pretty much available across the board on revamped 2.0 and 2.5 petrols and 2.2D Atenzas, CX-3 (which in Japan comes online in 1.5D form) and Axela 2.2Ds

It is not necessarily on whether it is Proactive or <some letter package> but more about the drive train and chassis. Read somewhere that that Mazda is still working on getting it to be efficient with the 1.5L engines. Ironically, they seem to have chosen not to have i-eloop on the revamped CX-5...

In SL  Col#nails only offer it with Mazda 6 2.5L. Sadly not with 2L. 

No use in talking about Mazda 3 since they offer the most basic car.

24 minutes ago, sathyajithj99 said:

In SL  Col#nails only offer it with Mazda 6 2.5L. Sadly not with 2L. 

No use in talking about Mazda 3 since they offer the most basic car.

Its not a Colonial thing or a SL specific thing....I don't think the Mazda 6 2.0L comes with i-eloop in any market (and I believe only a few markets actually have a 2.0L Mazda 6). I know it doesn't in SG and Vietnam...but then on the other hand the Vietnam market "Mazda 3 15-Deluxe" does have i-eloop (which in Japan is not available on the Axela because it wasn't efficient...so go figure).

Also, in typical Japanese fashion, what they offer for themselves in the local market is most of the time quite different to what they would offer to the export market even if it is the same product. 

As for the Premio (and Allion)...it is sad how our car importers (being the "car pundits" that they are), are still peddling what is essentially a 10 year old car with a few shinier bits and features from this decade stuck in when and where possible. Its as pathetic as a pimp trying to find tricks for a 70yr old lady of the night. Would be interesting to see what the TNGA based Premio/Allion would be like.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, RWD said:

If you guys don't mind me asking what's the approx cost for the 1.5 litre axela to be imported directly?

B/new Mazda3 is going at 9.5 mil nowadays I believe

Well, the tax for a 1.5L non hybrid car is SLR 4,600,000

Axela 15s proactive is around Japanese yen 2,000,000 . So it depends on yen rate.

For the current yen rate the approximate price would be a little bit less than SLR 7.5 million.