• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Axela Grades

harshana89

Hi guys I want to know is there are grades in axela?? What are the options?? I came a cross a axela there are no retractable side mirrors, no aloywheels, no clock display, only disc brakes at front wheel back wheel have drum brakes, no multifunction steering wheel . Can anyone tell me is it worth buying 2.7 mill?? And what are the other options that might I miss??

Don't know about Axela, But in Mazda 3 there are 2 grades as Core and Core +[sold in sri lanka]. Core + has few options more.

Core+ has

6 speaker premium stereo with large-screen full colour TFT display

· Leather steering wheel with audio and Bluetooth controls

· Leather gear knob and hand brake

· Reverse camera

· Cruise control ... more.

• 3 months later...

Are they are any Mazda Axela 2003-2008 models come equipped with Auto A/C system which has a push button for Climate control. All Axelas I have seen in the classified comes with Manual AC system, where as Most of the Mazda 3 out there has Auto A/C function.

foocd3.jpg

There are axela's with climate control AC's but not many as 3's . If you are looking for axelas with climate controls because they look better with those touch knobs , you can buy similar looking ones from ebay that fits to existing knobs.

There are axela's with climate control AC's but not many as 3's . If you are looking for axelas with climate controls because they look better with those touch knobs , you can buy similar looking ones from ebay that fits to existing knobs.

You can buy the knobs off ebay and fit them in for the looks, but the climate control function will not work, unless the sensors and cooling fan is replaced. So pls dont mislead people.

You can buy the knobs off ebay and fit them in for the looks, but the climate control function will not work, unless the sensors and cooling fan is replaced. So pls dont mislead people.

I never said climate controls will work , it just for looks . I thought it is implied.

I never said climate controls will work , it just for looks . I thought it is implied.

Oh I didn't know that goday ricers are now buying axelas and trying to rice up the insides of them. Please could you stick to those EG8s or priuses and leave respectable brands like mazda alone?1

• Like 1

Oh I didn't know that goday ricers are now buying axelas and trying to rice up the insides of them. Please could you stick to those EG8s or priuses and leave respectable brands like mazda alone?1

Err .., this is a popular cosmetic modification done on Axelas , too bad you think as it is ricing it up . I suggest you stick to EG8 s or whatever without throwing hissy fits.

• Like 1

Err .., this is a popular cosmetic modification done on Axelas , too bad you think as it is ricing it up . I suggest you stick to EG8 s or whatever without throwing hissy fits.

So when you sell the car with this 'popular cosmetic modification', do you tell the next buyer that your 'climate control unit' is actually switch that you got off ebay and plugged in to the panel... and the car actually doesn't have climate control?

Apologies for calling you a ricer. You are not one. You are a douchebag.

Really because I have not seen one yet...

Say if there is an Axela/Mazda 3 with these Climate Control + Rain sensing wipers and there is another similar mileage and YOM Axela/Mazda 3 without these options what will be a reasonable price difference between the two?

So when you sell the car with this 'popular cosmetic modification', do you tell the next buyer that your 'climate control unit' is actually switch that you got off ebay and plugged in to the panel... and the car actually doesn't have climate control?

Apologies for calling you a ricer. You are not one. You are a douchebag.

I have never mentioned about a 'climate control unit' , it just aftermarket knobs that would give the look and feel button controls on the existing unit . You should step out of your imaginary world.

http://mazda3carpet.com/wp-content/uploads/mazda3gen1manualknobs2-e1339273415738.jpg

Since you asked for it . And this is a very simple mod which enhances the look of the existing unit.

Edited by fookie

Really because I have not seen one yet...

Say if there is an Axela/Mazda 3 with these Climate Control + Rain sensing wipers and there is another similar mileage and YOM Axela/Mazda 3 without these options what will be a reasonable price difference between the two?

Hey Crosswind and fookie, peace peace. :)

@Crosswind: fookie is not a type of a guy who does cheap things on cars. I know him personally. fookie is an owner of a Demio and he takes a good car of her. If you remember, he helped Davy with his Demio too. Just wanted to clear the air. Hope everything will be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Today checked a 2007 Axela (BK5P) with both Auto-Headlight + Auto-Wiper features, But it didn't had Auto AC (Climate Control).

Since there are only 2 variant 15C and 15F in Axela it seem that only Mazda 3 15F has this Auto Climate control Feature

• 2 weeks later...

My old Axela (2004) had auto headlights+leveling, auto wipers, rheostat, full steering wheel controls, auto climate control etc. But if you check the old thread on the same topic I've shared above, it's been mentioned that the full spec also has Bose CD changer and alloy wheels as standard. That was not verified at that point.

• 5 months later...

Any one know the diference between 2014 Axela Hybrid S and SL packages?

I recently went to inspect an axela and it was a S package. It didn't have paddle shifters. So I asked from the guy @ the car sale and he told it only comes with SL package. I don't know whether this is true. I hope iRage or SamG would shed some light into this matter. :D

Edited by sathyajithj99

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="asrock" data-cid="289216" data-time="1455021865"><p>

Any one know the diference between 2014 Axela Hybrid S and SL packages?</p></blockquote>

Ahh I see you are considering other options too ☺

I didn't think any of the Axelas came with paddle shifts.

I checked the website now and it doesn't show paddles. The Hybrids just come up as Electronic Floor shift for all grades...the gasoline variants says AT floor shift and 6MT floor shift.

Also...it is not S grade and SL Package. It is S and S (with) L-Package. If you really want to be picky..the grades are Hybrid-C, Hybrid-S and Hybrid-S L package.

EDIT: Checked the classified in Japan too...couldn't see any S L-Packages with paddles...the Hybrid doesn't come with a manual mode gearbox.In fact it looks like something straight out of a Prius (visually atleast). So without a manual mode it is highly unlikely that there would be paddles.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 2