• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Axela Grades

harshana89

I didn't think any of the Axelas came with paddle shifts.

I checked the website now and it doesn't show paddles. The Hybrids just come up as Electronic Floor shift for all grades...the gasoline variants says AT floor shift and 6MT floor shift.

Also...it is not S grade and SL Package. It is S and S (with) L-Package. If you really want to be picky..the grades are Hybrid-C, Hybrid-S and Hybrid-S L package.

EDIT: Checked the classified in Japan too...couldn't see any S L-Packages with paddles...the Hybrid doesn't come with a manual mode gearbox.In fact it looks like something straight out of a Prius (visually atleast). So without a manual mode it is highly unlikely that there would be paddles.

Is that so? But it would have been perfect with the paddle shifts ,don't you think? :smilie_liebe9: Anyway found this after searching for a while, but nothing much. :sad-smiley-067:

• Mazda Axela Hybrid-C, manufactured or sold in 2015, version for Japan
  • 4-door sedan body type
  • FWD (front-wheel drive), continuously variable variable-speed gearbox
  • petrol (gasoline) engine with displacement: 1998 cm3 / 122.1 cui, advertised power: 100 kW / 134 hp / 136 PS ( JIS net ), Torque net: Nm / lb-ft
  • characteristic dimensions: outside length: 4580 mm / 180.3 in, wheelbase: 2700 mm / 106.3 in
  • reference weights: base curb weight: 1390 kg / 3064 lbs
  • how fast is this car ? top speed: km/h ( mph) (theoretical);
  • accelerations: 0- 60 mph s; 0- 100 km/h s (simulation ©automobile-catalog.com); 1/4 mile drag time (402 m) s (simulation ©automobile-catalog.com)
  • fuel consumption and mileage: 3.2 l/100km / 87 mpg (imp.) / 72.4 mpg (U.S.) / 30.8 km/l emission: 75 gCO2/km
  • Mazda Axela Hybrid-S, manufactured or sold in 2015, version for Japan
  • 4-door sedan body type
  • FWD (front-wheel drive), continuously variable variable-speed gearbox
  • petrol (gasoline) engine with displacement: 1998 cm3 / 122.1 cui, advertised power: 100 kW / 134 hp / 136 PS ( JIS net ), Torque net: Nm / lb-ft
  • characteristic dimensions: outside length: 4580 mm / 180.3 in, wheelbase: 2700 mm / 106.3 in
  • reference weights: base curb weight: 1410 kg / 3108 lbs
  • how fast is this car ? top speed: km/h ( mph) (theoretical);
  • accelerations: 0- 60 mph s; 0- 100 km/h s (simulation ©automobile-catalog.com); 1/4 mile drag time (402 m) s (simulation ©automobile-catalog.com)
  • fuel consumption and mileage: 3.6 l/100km / 79.1 mpg (imp.) / 65.8 mpg (U.S.) / 28 km/l emission: 83 gCO2/km

funny thing...I just checked the user manual available for the Axela on the Japanese site. In that there is instructions on how to use paddles for shifting but it only refers to variants with the A/T (which are gasoline cars), but the web page for the variant doesn't specifically list steering paddles. Nothing special about the Hybrid's shifting...just what R,ND and B is and using P.

Thanks for the answers guys, yeah I too noticed that paddle shifting is missing in both grades. and I saw some where that the S (with) L-Package has dual multi function, electric seats and seat heaters. I don't really need those anyway.

@matroska: yes machan, got a some what good deal for a unreg 2014 axela hybrid, considering that too.

Thanks for the answers guys, yeah I too noticed that paddle shifting is missing in both grades. and I saw some where that the S (with) L-Package has dual multi function, electric seats and seat heaters. I don't really need those anyway.

Â

@matroska: yes machan, got a some what good deal for a unreg 2014 axela hybrid, considering that too.

There was a time when Axela hybrids were going around 5.5M. Now they're asking for 6.5-7MÂ :sad-smiley-066:Â :speechless-smiley-004: Edited by sathyajithj99

• 2 weeks later...

During the hunt for axelas , found out there are two types of head lamps you can get with axela hybrids/3s.

Â

One with two seperate head(reflector type ) and a dim(projector lamp).

Â

s-l1000.jpg

Â

Â

The other with single projector lamp for both head and dim and sexy daytime running light

Â

2014_mazda3_sedan_65_1920x1080.jpg

Â

2014_mazda3_sedan_64_1920x1080.jpg

Edited by sathyajithj99
  • Like 1

The later one looks like LED?

Yes it is. :D

Most of the Axela hybrids found in car sales had these lights. They look dashing at night. But most of the Mazda 3 s I checked which were imported through agents had the ordinary head light without the daytime running lights. Maybe they didn't know there were different types of head lights for 3. It would cost a bit more to import one with those lights, but damn! They look so good.

The S package I checked had the normal halogen light. The red colour looks awesome on this car, also for the 6.

Yeah. it's soul red metallic. But for Mazda 6, I prefer Titanium flash mica. If I'm not wrong SupraNatural has a 6 with that colour

4053459.JPG

Also I checked Colo#ials site. According to them there are 6 options you can choose from for headlamps of Mazda 3

*Halogen, without leveling - Comes with 1.6L (non-Skyactiv) and 1.5 Skyactiv-G(low)

*Halogen, with manual leveling- Comes with 1.5 Skyactiv-G(low)

*Discharge (Bi-Xenon), with automatic levelling- Comes with 1.5 Skyactiv-G(high) and 2 Skyactiv-G

Additional optios for headlamps

*Adaptive Front-lighting system(AFS) - Comes with 1.5 Skyactiv-G(high) and 2 Skyactiv-G

*Daytime running lamp - Comes with 1.5 Skyactiv-G(high) and 2 Skyactiv-G

*Automatic on/off function - comes with 1.6L (non-Skyactiv), 1.5 Skyactiv-G(low) and 1.5 Skyactiv-G(high)

I was surprised to see how much the trunk capacity of Axela Hybrid is reduced comparing with Mazda 3. The hybrid battery has occupied a considerable amount of its trunk space.

10391841_232509647090304_421560496757338

Axela hybrid trunk -312L

2015-Mazda-3-Sedan-5-450x298.jpg

Mazda 3 Sedan trunk capacity- 414L

Edited by sathyajithj99

I was surprised to see how much the trunk capacity of Axela Hybrid is reduced comparing with Mazda 3. The hybrid battery has occupied a considerable amount of its trunk space.

214117_4.jpg

Axela hybrid trunk -312L

Yeah very less trunk space, at least compared to the axio hybrid, it has the HV battery under the rear seat.

Mazda Axela / 3 with Bi-Xenon Discharge lamps + daytime running lamps

2016_mazda_3_sedan_s-grand-touring_f_oem

Don't you this it could have been more sexier with a all chrome grill?

Â

Yeah very less trunk space, at least compared to the axio hybrid, it has the HV battery under the rear seat.

Â

Â

Â

Don't you this it could have been more sexier with a all chrome grill?

No machan, I think what it already has with chrome is enough(for the grill). But I think the fog light covers should have come with chrome. Edited by sathyajithj99

Also I checked Colo#ials site. According to them there are 6 options you can choose from for headlamps of Mazda 3

*Halogen, without leveling - Comes with 1.6L (non-Skyactiv) and 1.5 Skyactiv-G(low)

*Halogen, with manual leveling- Comes with 1.5 Skyactiv-G(low)

*Discharge (Bi-Xenon), with automatic levelling- Comes with 1.5 Skyactiv-G(high) and 2 Skyactiv-G

Additional optios for headlamps

*Adaptive Front-lighting system(AFS) - Comes with 1.5 Skyactiv-G(high) and 2 Skyactiv-G

*Daytime running lamp - Comes with 1.5 Skyactiv-G(high) and 2 Skyactiv-G

*Automatic on/off function - comes with 1.6L (non-Skyactiv), 1.5 Skyactiv-G(low) and 1.5 Skyactiv-G(high)

Personally contacted C#l#nials today and got to know out of these , we can only order Mazda 3 1.6L ICE (Non-Skyactiv ) through them. :( And also ,with that model, you can only have headlights with,

Halogen, without leveling

Automatic on/off function.

Edited by sathyajithj99

Personally contacted C#l#nials today and got to know out of these , we can only order Mazda 3 1.6L ICE (Non-Skyactiv ) through them. :( And also ,with that model, you can only have headlights with,

Halogen, without leveling

Automatic on/off function.

Yeah it's rather unfortunate but apparently the tax situ is such that the Skyactive 3 would cost almost as much as the 6 so they prefer to bring in the basic model. Was looking at a 3 but that factor really put me off. Even more so than the 1.6 engine the only gearbox you can get is the ancient 4 speed auto!

So if you want Skyactiv in a smaller Mazda at the moment, the 2 is your only choice. Actually the 2 Sedan is not that much smaller than the 3!

Yeah it's rather unfortunate but apparently the tax situ is such that the Skyactive 3 would cost almost as much as the 6 so they prefer to bring in the basic model. Was looking at a 3 but that factor really put me off. Even more so than the 1.6 engine the only gearbox you can get is the ancient 4 speed auto!

So if you want Skyactiv in a smaller Mazda at the moment, the 2 is your only choice. Actually the 2 Sedan is not that much smaller than the 3!

Yes, Supra. By that they have been able to maintain a significant difference between the cost of a 3 and a 6. They told they could bring down a 2016 3 for a total cost of 6 million rupees, and a 6 for 7 million.

Yes, Mazda 2 is a gorgeous car too.