• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bmw Accident At Horton Place/wijerama

SeanD

To the morons in the white BMW (e36 I think) chasing the black BMW that almost side-swiped my car (and many others) at 100 miles an hour at the Horton place/Wijerama junc around 1.30 am before promptly braking like idiots while taking a turn, crashing into a parked prius and then ending up with a (probably condemned) car facing the wrong way in the drain - here's a big F YOU.

Not only did you almost force several others off the road, crash into their cars (and get left behind by the black BMW that was either your buddy or was just being chased), you could have easily killed innocent people had you crashed into an occupied vehicle. There's a difference between having an accident (why it's called an 'accident') and deliberately behaving like idiots in a car you brats are obviously not skilled enough to handle. Good thing you'll didn't crash into that wedding Merc and ruin someone else' day as well. I echo the couple of drivers who passed by giving you guys the finger as you stood around looking a sorry sight...it's what you deserved.

Oh...and next time you decide to take a turn at that speed, try not to step on the brakes at the wrong time...it just lets us know that it's a disaster waiting to happen...

• Like 2

I try very hard not to stereotype any type of driver based on the car model but BMW drivers behavior as of late makes it impossible. Lately it seems every single one of these i meet on the road is a prick who thinks they are more privileged on the road than others. One even had the nerve to come in the wrong lane, block the entire traffic on the lane and still act like he was right.

• Like 1

I try very hard not to stereotype any type of driver based on the car model but BMW drivers behavior as of late makes it impossible. Lately it seems every single one of these i meet on the road is a prick who thinks they are more privileged on the road than others. One even had the nerve to come in the wrong lane, block the entire traffic on the lane and still act like he was right.

Yeah that wrong lane thing is not just BMW drivers, it happens all the time. And when I, very politely, give them the internationally accepted gesture set that everyone knows means 'excuse me, ever so sorry to bother you, but would you mind awfully if you moved somewhere else so that the rest of us may continue on our lane', the neanderthals merely open their palms and sort of moves it in my direction. Are you familiar with that one? I think it means 'please proceed directly through my car,while I'm still in it I never liked this car anyway and that's why i'm sitting here stationary in the wrong lane.'

Anyway at least with the BMW there's something pretty to look at while you wait.

Been noticing the trend myself...on one hand there seems to be a lot of young brats driving around like morons in their daddies' (or mommies') BMWs <I am going by the fact that none of these kids look old enough to afford a new BMW). Then on the other hand it seems like a group of ricer/wanna-be-racers have gotten there hands on some used BMWs....

I really wish you had taken pics of the car and posted it here

Caught myself wishing the same thing no sooner I had passed, but was still frothing mad at the near miss and it didn't occur to me at the time. That car's probably totaled or at the very least will never be the same again.

To the morons in the white BMW (e36 I think) chasing the black BMW that almost side-swiped my car (and many others) at 100 miles an hour at the Horton place/Wijerama junc around 1.30 am before promptly braking like idiots while taking a turn, crashing into a parked prius and then ending up with a (probably condemned) car facing the wrong way in the drain - here's a big F YOU.

Not only did you almost force several others off the road, crash into their cars (and get left behind by the black BMW that was either your buddy or was just being chased), you could have easily killed innocent people had you crashed into an occupied vehicle. There's a difference between having an accident (why it's called an 'accident') and deliberately behaving like idiots in a car you brats are obviously not skilled enough to handle. Good thing you'll didn't crash into that wedding Merc and ruin someone else' day as well. I echo the couple of drivers who passed by giving you guys the finger as you stood around looking a sorry sight...it's what you deserved.

Oh...and next time you decide to take a turn at that speed, try not to step on the brakes at the wrong time...it just lets us know that it's a disaster waiting to happen...

If this happened to me, I would have punched the a&@ hole till he is unconscious. I just can't control my temper with these type of ricers. These days I'm trying to avoid these type of asses when my baby is on board.
  • Like 1

Caught myself wishing the same thing no sooner I had passed, but was still frothing mad at the near miss and it didn't occur to me at the time. That car's probably totaled or at the very least will never be the same again.

So...there is soon going to be a "mint"/original condition, carefully used, white BMW E36 for sale soon :)

• Like 2

Yeah that wrong lane thing is not just BMW drivers, it happens all the time. And when I, very politely, give them the internationally accepted gesture set that everyone knows means 'excuse me, ever so sorry to bother you, but would you mind awfully if you moved somewhere else so that the rest of us may continue on our lane', the neanderthals merely open their palms and sort of moves it in my direction. Are you familiar with that one? I think it means 'please proceed directly through my car,while I'm still in it I never liked this car anyway and that's why i'm sitting here stationary in the wrong lane.'

Anyway at least with the BMW there's something pretty to look at while you wait.

Shintaro my man welcome back to AL!

I think this is somewhat born out of the flattery BMW's usually dish out on guys with poor driving skills, making them feel like they are better drivers than they are. Sadly its a problem everywhere...

I think its also a cultural issue. Over here, young Asian kids (second generation) get involved in more road rage/ aggression/ poor aggressive driving/ road race related fatalaties relative to the percentage of population (Asians being a minority of course). Ultimately I think the parents of these kids need to accept some responsibility. I hope they get their asses handed to them by their parents (if they were indeed kids).

As a BMW driver myself, I have to agree with the general consensus. It's sad because they're ruining the reputation of a company that has and does build some genuinely good cars. Perhaps it's time the rest of us graduated to mercs... :/

W140

;)

As a BMW driver myself, I have to agree with the general consensus. It's sad because they're ruining the reputation of a company that has and does build some genuinely good cars. Perhaps it's time the rest of us graduated to mercs... :/

..and then all the Yako community will start buying Mercs and that is the end of that....

Think I will stick with large displacement turbo charged engined Japs or 'unreliable' Italians for the time being.

Rather lonely here where I am..

LOL!!!

• Like 1

I did see a yellowish e36 being hauled off on a car carrier covered with a tarp. The funny thing is when I saw the car carrier come my way with tarp i was expecting to see a EG8 or a EK3. And i see this BMW, and told myself "oh looks like the D'Bags upgraded!".

• Like 2

W140

;)

..and then all the Yako community will start buying Mercs and that is the end of that....

Think I will stick with large displacement turbo charged engined Japs or 'unreliable' Italians for the time being.

Rather lonely here where I am..

LOL!!!

Pah, the boring choice my dear chaps... What y'all REALLY need (like you need a hole in the head) is to drive what all good villains drive. Life will always be an adventure!

#goodtobebad

Been noticing the trend myself...on one hand there seems to be a lot of young brats driving around like morons in their daddies' (or mommies') BMWs <I am going by the fact that none of these kids look old enough to afford a new BMW). Then on the other hand it seems like a group of ricer/wanna-be-racers have gotten there hands on some used BMWs....
I did see a yellowish e36 being hauled off on a car carrier covered with a tarp. The funny thing is when I saw the car carrier come my way with tarp i was expecting to see a EG8 or a EK3. And i see this BMW, and told myself "oh looks like the D'Bags upgraded!".

:mosking:

Pah, the boring choice my dear chaps... What y'all REALLY need (like you need a hole in the head) is to drive what all good villains drive. Life will always be an adventure!

#goodtobebad

Supra, I'd hate to think how many people you would want to kill of one of these jokers decide to put even a scratch on............

Like a friend said over a decade ago, maybe we should all graduate to a gona model pajero or a double cab. Sits high enough to be safe from these morons, and you don't care about the scrapes etc

#goodtobebad

Yes indeed Supra....Jag owners flying the flag high eh? :Phttps://www.facebook.com/srilankantrafficviolations/videos/365160137007214/ (Sorry, had to)

Edited by esdeez

Supra, I'd hate to think how many people you would want to kill of one of these jokers decide to put even a scratch on............

Like a friend said over a decade ago, maybe we should all graduate to a gona model pajero or a double cab. Sits high enough to be safe from these morons, and you don't care about the scrapes etc

Yeah I would probably get somewhat homicidal if someone damaged the cat I must admit, probably why it only gets taken out very rarely..... And I fully agree with your friend's opinion. Hilux 4 lyf yo!