• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

:::::::: Autolanka New Look 2015 ::::::::

MADZ

Nice work with the new update.

My only concern is the simple search functionality where you could simply enter a car name into a text field and hitting enter to get the result seems to be missing. Nowadays all sites are about the form filling. It probably gives more relevant results but my personal feeling is that it restricts the user experience somewhat.

We have keyword search in new site..just click on the magnify icon in top right corner of the Navigation bar...enter your text. You can find more advanced keyword search in search page too. Just give it a try...

^ Yep that was posted here too but that post vanished after sometime. But I think both sites are based on same template

Ya both were made off the same script, but the designing part is where something has gone wrong

HAPPY :party: :party: I always thought it would be better to have a price rage search & I remeber asking for this a long time back. Then a that time I got some loku talks from a senior member who I consider as an idiot. Anyway good to have a change which was much wanted and a lot of fine tuning seems to be required at the moment.

There is a post on FB stating about stolen website icons etc, not sure how far true it was. What dissapoints me is the new layout which seems to be extremely common as any other car dealer website, in other words it looks boring :sleeping-smiley-008: :sleeping-smiley-008: :sleeping-smiley-008: .

I also would like to request you guys to keep the 'keyword search' option enabled in any page which makes searching easier.

Cheers Auto Lanka !

Dear Admin, The leaf doesn't appear under the Nissan make, please fix it....

Keep up the good work but we miss the old UI it was pretty straight forward :(

Nissan Leaf added to the list.

I'm sure the stuff added in new site will be useful in time..just give it a go..

Search functions for vehicles are nt working properly.

Specific make and a model cant be searched. Admins plz look into this matter.

It won't work for migrated data ...as we did not maintain model names in old site...But it should work after another 1 month time once all relevent data gets into the system.

There's a make/model list on the homepage which has brands like abarth and dsk benelli and so on... Can I suggest just having the common Sri Lankan brands there instead (say the top 5 or 10 like toyota, honda, nissan, maruti, suzuki, mazda etc.)? The classifieds site is not for car enthusiasts. It's for typical Sri Lankan car buyers.

and madz, you really really need a good graphics designer for the banner... maybe some forum members can help..

also can I suggest linking that news area to some news feed on the net? that will avert the need of manually inserting news in there

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 1

The newyear look is realy good and itz worth the effort guys. few concerns:

As others mentioned the search option is still need improvements

Somtimes site went offline - please check

For today there is no new additions such as new vehicles to buy area

Thanks,

Edited by malinda7

It won't work for migrated data ...as we did not maintain model names in old site...But it should work after another 1 month time once all relevent data gets into the system.

MADZ is there any way to update the information which the new format lists which was previously not queried?

I have ad advertisement up right now for the Forester and i would be more than happy to provide say the mileage, fuel type, transmission type so that someone running a specific search would be able to filter the vehicle.

Furthermore, options such as say for an example a rear wiper or tinted windows which the vehicle has have been listed as unavailable

Is there anyway you could please assist to have all the relevant information updated accordingly please?

http://www.autolanka.com/cars/subaru/subaru-forester-for-sale-colombo-177890.html

Make Subaru Model Forester XT Model No SG5 Year 2002 Registration JJ-8606 Fuel Type Petrol Transmission Manual Engine 2000cc Mileage 109000 kms Doors 5
omfort
  • blank.gifA/C: Front
  • blank.gifPower Locks
  • blank.gifPower Steering
  • blank.gifRemote Keyless Entry
Windows
  • blank.gifPower Windows
  • blank.gifRear Window Defroster
  • blank.gifRear Window Wiper
  • blank.gifTinted Glass

Honestly speaking; for me the older site was much better because of;

1. It was simple and very easy to see the vehicles

2. Search was simple

3. Did not have a long menu and kept it simple enough to understand a basic user

But I try to say the effort is a good way and if possible please try to simplify it further and minimize the number of clicks that is needed to find a vehicle.

Good luck and change for the better. :)

Hope you don't change the forum. :sport-smiley-027:

Edited by Nishan.dj
  • Like 1

I kinda like the old site as well. Granted it looked so old but the feeling you get when you want to search for a car to buy was simple & great. Maybe it's only for some of the users/fans who had been using the site nearly 10 years or so.

BTW I saw another famous (kinda) car site trashing AL on Facebook for 'stealing' their design + graphics. Hope that's not the case.

All the best AL!

I kinda like the old site as well.

Agreed. Having too many functions make things complex and previous site was clean and easy to navigate. Personally I visited AL at least once a day to see what vehicles added recently and things like that. But now I don't feel visiting because of the look. Few of my friends at office also said the same.

This is only my personal view. It may differ from what AL needs to be. So hopefully it will be better soon.

• Like 1

• MADZ unpinned this topic