• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Fb15 Shock Absorbers

sjaya

I feel a problem in front shocks in my newly bough Nissan FB15 supersaloon (yom 2001). Rack-ends, tie rods, and lower arm bushes were replaced and still I feel uncomfortable in bumby roads with slight 'dok-dok' sound. I have a friend in Au** M*r*j and and he got a person to do a test-drive and see. As he said, any major problem was not noticed, and said that the further checking can only be done after removing the shocks.

I checked with T**s, Na*ka and A*W, and all these place don't have the machine to test the shocks. A mechanic said that there might be problems with shock mounts.

- Can anybody help.

- Is there any place near Colombo to check the shocks?

Sent you a PM. See if my suggestion fits you. In fact if you feel the problem when you are driving, an experienced mechanic can identify the problem. Shock testing will not necessarily point out the issue if it is marginal.

• Like 1

Sent you a PM. See if my suggestion fits you. In fact if you feel the problem when you are driving, an experienced mechanic can identify the problem. Shock testing will not necessarily point out the issue if it is marginal.

Thanks Rumesh88.

Once I had a similar trouble. dok sound come from nowhere. check ( and replaced if needed) all the component, lower arm bush, ball joint, rack ends, tie rods, shock mounts etc.Nothing did not help really. then went for a wheel alignment. nut n bolt of left side tie rod was loosen. tight it. problem solved.

may be this too might be that kinda little issue.

except what you mentioned here, check ball joints, shock mounts and rack. sometimes they become the culprit.