• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Fit Gp1 Steering Rack Changing

pewix

Question

The Steering rack in my honda fit gp1 is making sounds when the car goes through a pothole. I had an option to either get the steering rack repaired or to get a reconditioned steering rack. Final Decision that i made was to change the steering rack. Now I want you people to help me select a place to get it done, I just want to know about a good place that could change the steering rack for me. I want to know about a great place somewhere close to Wellawatte or Dehiwala. Waiting for positive feedback from you guys.

14 answers to this question

I'm told that all new Hondas (Fit, Weasels, Freed, etc) have a Teflon bush in the steering column which shatters due to the poor road surfaces we have. Only the bush needs replacing, not the rack. Check with Stafford before you spend too much money on an entire rack.

Good Luck.

Oki guys i got it checked at stafford motors and they told that there should be something wrong with steering wheel cable reel. From where can i get it fixed? Badly in need of a place which can do it. The sound is same as shown in this video.

. So now i know what the problem is but i want an awesome place that do a great job for a reasonable price. Please guys tell me about some place close by.

you know what, when my horn ribbon broke it made a simmilar noise.

this could be coming from a broken horn or a airbag ribbon.

if the bushes are okay, get the ribbons check before you change a steering rack

you know what, when my horn ribbon broke it made a simmilar noise.

this could be coming from a broken horn or a airbag ribbon.

if the bushes are okay, get the ribbons check before you change a steering rack

Broken airbag ribbon would trigger the airbag indicator right?

Umm agents? I just went there to find the issue they told me that they will charge 5000 to just check if it is the issue wit the cable reel and if it is then i have to pay seperately for fixing or replacing it which means it will cost atleast 25-30 grand for just a small cable.

The airbag and horn will stop working only if it's completely separated.

This commonly occur after wheel alignments done by garage monkeys who rotate the wheel unnecessary.

this happened to our march,

We managed to find the whole steering wheel of it for much less than the price of the ribon at a 2nd hand parts store (in panadura)

just check in those shops.

BTW did you do an alignment recently?